Goodbye CITGO!

McGentrix

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2006 02:15 pm
I have long boycotted Citgo. Been 10 years at least since I purchased gas from the company directly. I purchase most of my gasoline from the Oneida Indians now actually.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2006 02:17 pm
kickycan wrote:
I don't understand how anyone can think that it's a good idea to help out a guy who hates our country so much.

Chavez is an a$$hole, and we shouldn't be helping the dumb f*ck to stick it to us, no matter what dumbass monkey is running our country at the moment.

It would be the equivalent of a guy saying he wanted to butt-rape your dad, and you going, "here's a baseball bat in case you want to loosen him up a little bit first!"

But hey, to each his own.

There's nothing wrong with pointing out that America has fallen far, far from the lofty moral position that we used to hold, or at least the one which we still claim we hold.

Chavez is just a guy, just like anyone else. Various members of our Administration talk as bad, or worse, about him and other world leaders on a regular basis, and I don't see anyone calling them out for it.

What gives you the impression that Chavez hates the idea of America, and not just the actions of America?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2006 02:36 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I'm attending a conference here in San Fran on getting Non-profits started up next month, ...

Is that anywhere near Frisco?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2006 02:39 pm
Um, I guess so

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2006 02:54 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
kickycan wrote:
I don't understand how anyone can think that it's a good idea to help out a guy who hates our country so much.

Chavez is an a$$hole, and we shouldn't be helping the dumb f*ck to stick it to us, no matter what dumbass monkey is running our country at the moment.

It would be the equivalent of a guy saying he wanted to butt-rape your dad, and you going, "here's a baseball bat in case you want to loosen him up a little bit first!"

There's nothing wrong with pointing out that America has fallen far, far from the lofty moral position that we used to hold, or at least the one which we still claim we hold.

Chavez is just a guy, just like anyone else. Various members of our Administration talk as bad, or worse, about him and other world leaders on a regular basis, and I don't see anyone calling them out for it.

What gives you the impression that Chavez hates the idea of America, and not just the actions of America?

Cycloptichorn

You're right. I retract the first paragraph of my statement. That sounds like some bullshit Bushian rhetoric. This is what happens when I do A2K stuff while I'm at work.

But I still think he's an a-hole, and shouldn't be given a pass just because he happens to hate the same guy as I do.

Citgo can go to hell!
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2006 02:56 pm
kickycan wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
kickycan wrote:

Cycloptichorn

You're right. I retract the first paragraph of my statement. That sounds like some bullshit Bushian rhetoric. This is what happens when I do A2K stuff while I'm at work.

But I still think he's an a-hole, and shouldn't be given a pass just because he happens to hate the same guy as I do.

Citgo can go to hell!

Fair enough.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 02:21 am
Re: Goodbye CITGO!
cjhsa wrote:

Cindy Sheehan & Chavez
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/060129/060129_ven_hmed_1p.hmedium.jpg

Sheehan is a traitor - and a bigger one IMO for not trying to kill Chavez when she had the chance.

Donald Rumsfeld & Saddam Hussein
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/kelticwizard100/Rummy-Saddam.jpg

Rumsfeld is a traitor - and a bigger one IMO for not trying to kill Saddam when he had the chance.

Rumsfeld is a traitor!
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 02:37 am
Green Witch wrote:
kickycan wrote:
Didn't 7-11 already cut it's ties with Citgo? Good for them!

This is not a new idea for 7-11, they have been planning to market their own brand for the last couple of years (according to their stock reports). The reality is we need to get off the oil tit and stop funding fanatics around the world with our fossil fuel addiction.

We need to do several things.

One is aggressively go after every source of oil available to us domestically including Alaska and offshore of Flori-duh and California.

Another is building more refining capacity. In particular, liberals and envirowhacks have prevented most oil exploration and any/all refining contruction in America for the last 30 years. That has to stop.

Another is eliminate all unnecessary commuting. The typical resident of metro areas in the US probably does not need to be at any one work site more than one day a week and while it's likely true that most people are not organized enough to work at home, they could damned well be working from neighborhood work sites. The biggest part of the solution is to use electrons instead of oil and rubber wherever possible.

Another part of the puzzle is electric and new tech cars including mass use of carbonfibre instead of steel and new engines like the MYT engine:

http://www.angellabsllc.com/

The typical car if made of carbonfibre instead of steel would weight 1200 - 1500 lbs. The amount of fuel that would save is collosal.

Basically, the United States should be exporting oil and not importing it.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 05:14 am
McGentrix wrote:
I have long boycotted Citgo. Been 10 years at least since I purchased gas from the company directly. I purchase most of my gasoline from the Oneida Indians now actually.

And from where do they get their gasoline/diesel Laughing
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 03:25 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

And from where do they get their gasoline/diesel Laughing

No idea, do you?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 09:18 pm
Rumsfeld is a traitor my ass. That photo was taken back when Reagan inherited the Whitehouse from the incompetent peanut farmer, and there were still hostages in Iran. An American cabinet member serving his country and trying to save hostages is far from a traitor. Cindy Sheehan is a traitor. Chavez is a pig.
0 Replies

MarionT

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 10:52 pm
Chavez doesn't need to have anyone patronize Citgo. He has billions of barrels of oil in Venezuela and since oil is fungible he will continue to get richer and richer and then lead the countries of South America on an economic war against the USA.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 11:30 pm
McGentrix wrote:

No idea, do you?

Why don't you look it up yourself?
0 Replies

MarionT

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 11:33 pm
Chavez doesn't need to have anyone patronize Citgo. He has billions of barrels of oil in Venezuela and since oil is fungible he will continue to get richer and richer and then lead the countries of South America on an economic war against the USA.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 11:39 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

No idea, do you?

Why don't you look it up yourself?

Well, you were the one with smug remark, I figured you knew something. My mistake.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 12:31 am
cjhsa wrote:
An American cabinet member serving his country and trying to save hostages is far from a traitor. Cindy Sheehan is a traitor. Chavez is a pig.

Oh, I see. So according to you, Rumsfeld being a cabinet member, (which makes him superior to a mere lowly American citizen like Cindy Sheehan), chummying up to a fellow whom he and his later Administration cohorts would sacrifice thousands of American lives to overthrow is better than Cindy Sheehan chummying up to Chavez, who really has done nothing against us except go to the UN and say Nyaah nyaah nyaah United States.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 12:36 am
PS: Make that Nyaah nyaah nyaah United States government-not United States.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 10:13 am
cjhsa wrote:
Rumsfeld is a traitor my ass. That photo was taken back when Reagan inherited the Whitehouse from the incompetent peanut farmer, and there were still hostages in Iran. An American cabinet member serving his country and trying to save hostages is far from a traitor. Cindy Sheehan is a traitor. Chavez is a pig.

I'd figure them both as pigs. Sheehan isn't really bright enough to be a traitor.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 01:13 pm
The world is full of uncomfortable alliances. I'd be willing to be that everyone here has "former" friends, and business arrangements they'd rather do without if they could.

Sheehan and Chavez aren't uncomfortable. They luv each other. They both hate the USA.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 09:27 pm
cjhsa wrote:
The world is full of uncomfortable alliances. I'd be willing to be that everyone here has "former" friends, and business arrangements they'd rather do without if they could.

That's funny-Rummy doesn't look uncomfortable. He looks bright-eyed, bushy-tailed and full of enthusiasm.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/kelticwizard100/Rummy-Saddam.jpg
0 Replies