0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 04:42 am
lezzles...doubly funny because you pulled it off on a brother. Very Happy
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 10:30 pm
lezzles wrote:
Many years ago, my brother, who was an airline captain, came home for a few days leave. I love him dearly, but he is the type of guy that knows everything and does not waste any time in letting you know it. He had been home for about fifteen minutes, pontificating on heaven-know-what when the devil in me took over.

"Wasn't that awful news about Iberian Airlines?" I asked in all seriousness.

"What about them?" he replied - and you could see he did not have a clue what I was talking about.

"Haven't you heard?" I said with a face so straight you could use it to draw lines "They've been grounded!"

"What!" he ejaculated (in the verbal sense) "When did this happen?"

(Now, one thing I did know was that pilots keep up-to-date on information and gossip in the airline industry. I had many friends among their ranks and the thought of me knowing something about flying that he did not know really galled him.)

"It just came over the news today." I continued "The whole fleet! Evidently all the aircraft are riddled with rust."

He was speechless - you could see from his expression that he was searching his vast knowledge and experience of flying for an answer to this. And what were the possible ramifications? How many other companies would be affected? Were jobs at risk?

I continued "Yes, it turns out it's because the rain in Spain falls mainly on the planes."

He nearly killed me, but it was worth it! The dumbest, baddest joke ever and I had pulled it off! Twisted Evil

That was GREAT, Lez! Loved it Smile Mind if I borrow it? lol
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 10:30 pm
Merry Andrew wrote:
That's not the dumbest, baddest joke, Lezzles.

My wife pulled one on me a couple of years ago that beats yours. She asked me, in all seriousness, whether I had heard that they wouldn't be selling any beer at the Red Sox baseball games this year.

"No," I said. "Why?"

"Beacuse the team lost the opener," she replied.

Well, you hadda be there.

Hey, I think I WAS there! I think that's funny - lol... give your wife a hug from me Laughing
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 08:16 am
I pulled a classic one on my husband about 15 years ago, and he still tells people about it.

He was standing in front of the bathroom mirror before an important meeting, tying his tie in various ways, trying to decide which knot looked best.

"That's not bad," I said. "But why don't you try a Henway?"

...Um, you know the rest.
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 09:36 am
THAT WAS CRUEL! Laughing
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 10:37 am
Groan.....
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 03:08 pm
Yeah, it was. But he fell for it! Laughing

And he's been trying to get someone else to fall for it ever since.
(Hasn't happened. <snort>)
0 Replies