i think were having an emotional affair

msolga

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 08:35 pm
How about intense, prolonged cerebral "affairs"?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 08:47 pm
Mostly all of us are always against affairs. And in this case I certainly am (waiting til the parties grow up a bit)

but I'm not such a generalizer on this.
I didn't have one myself in my long marriage. As is the general wisdom here, I would have left first, somehow.

On the other hand, I did have an affair with a married guy when I was single that I'm not sorry for. It was always what it was. Not marriage shaking by any means, but not nothing. I won't elaborate on that.

I agree with folks here most of the time, but am chary of cut and paste behavior realms. Several of our members are happy now having broken some sorta rules.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 08:50 pm
NOt sure exactly what you're referring to there at the last bit, osso.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 08:52 pm
Re: EMOTIONAL AFFAIR
NICH wrote:
its not that i want to cheat with him,

Yes it is. You want him. You've already admitted it. We didn't forget!

NICH wrote:
I guess i ve developed stupid feelings for him because he shows me interest,

Is that why you married your husband and had a child, because he showed you interest?

NICH wrote:
should i tell him how im feeling straight out or just keep hanging out like we do because he even calls me now private number,

He already knows how you feel. And he likes you too, but he is trying to honor the relationship he has with his wife.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 08:57 pm
Snood, I don't wish to be more plain, people's posts are sort of private - even if ostensibly public - to me, however I act out off the cuff.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 09:21 pm
Oh boy.

Yah Me and Not Getting Married yet!!

This sort of situation is so common. Without being a total bitch: did you put on weight or something? Feel unattractive, need a boost?

At least go for a guy with some money to throw around. Laughing A tow truck driver who is paying for a kid n' wife?!

I think you're just being lazy, frankly. In all respects.

Just be honest with yourself and be a grown up already.
0 Replies

NICH

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 03:47 pm
NO YOU DONT SOUND LIKE A BITCH, I APPRECIATE EVERYONES ADVICE BELIEVE ME I HAVE NO ONE TO TALK TO. ANYWAY NO I DIDN'T GAIN WEIGHT, I DONT FEEL UNATRACTIVE, IT DOES FEEL NICE HOWEVER FOR SOMEONE TO SEEM LIKE THEY REALLY ENJOY BEING AROUND YOU, I TO RESPECT THE MARRIAGES WE BOTH SHARE, AND HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING WITH THIS GUY ITS BEEN A YEAR REMEMBER THAT THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON, I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT HE WANTS A FRIENDSHIP OR MORE. IAM THE ONE WHOS CONFUSED BELIEVE ME, ITS HARD FOR SOMEONE TO WANT TO SPEND TIME WITH YOU ALONE AND THE NEXT MINUTE ACT LIKE IM JUST ANOTHER PERSON. WHICH I AGREE AND HAVE SAID TO HIM IF YOUR HAPPY WITH YOUR WIFE WHY DO WE ALWAYS END UP ALONE SITTING AND TALKING IN PARKING LOTS, HE SAID HE LIKES MY COMPANY. I DONT KNOW IM JUST UPSET. THANKS FOR LISTENING
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 03:55 pm
Nich, have you had guy friends before? Like, just plain friends, no overtones?

Sometimes when I've felt myself getting crushy with a guy I like and who is not available (and/or when I've been unavailable) I think, "would I like him as much if he were exactly the same personality but happened to be a woman?" If the answer is "yes," then I go ahead and have a friendship, same as I would if he happened to be a woman.

If there are too many crushy overtones though or if the attraction is the main reason I want to be around him, I get outta there.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 03:55 pm
NICH--

His behavior is confusing. Perhaps like you, he craves a little romance but doesn't want to complicate his marriage.
0 Replies

sakhi

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 04:50 am
sozobe wrote:
Nich, have you had guy friends before? Like, just plain friends, no overtones?

Sometimes when I've felt myself getting crushy with a guy I like and who is not available (and/or when I've been unavailable) I think, "would I like him as much if he were exactly the same personality but happened to be a woman?" If the answer is "yes," then I go ahead and have a friendship, same as I would if he happened to be a woman.

If there are too many crushy overtones though or if the attraction is the main reason I want to be around him, I get outta there.

Great advice, sozobe. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!
0 Replies

NICH

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 01:29 pm
THANKS SOZOBE THATS GOOD ADVICE, JUST TO UPDATE I WENT GROCERY SHOPPING ON SAT, OF COURSE I HAD TO RUN INTO HIM, ITS WIERD EVERYWHERE I GO I SEE HIM. BUT WERE BACK AT WORK TODAY AND HES ALREADY SNIFFING MY GOODIE BAG AGAIN, AND YOU KNOW WHAT IM NOT IN THE MOOD FOR IT Mad
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 03:55 pm
NICH--

Affairs don't stop problems. Affairs start trouble.

Glad to know you can draw the line between fun and flirtatious--it is important distinction.
0 Replies