0 Replies

JerryR

Fri 13 Jun, 2003 03:39 pm
Nice one, Craven!!

I think I might try that one right now!! Very Happy
0 Replies

cavfancier

Fri 13 Jun, 2003 03:47 pm
Mmm, that would be nice for a summer cold too.....yum!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Fri 13 Jun, 2003 03:48 pm
While we are waiting for more recipes, did anyone know that honey is a natural spermicide? Note: do not try this at home, condoms are far superior.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Fri 13 Jun, 2003 04:28 pm
cav,

And what about lemon juice? lol Monger posted an article about that a long time ago.

BTW, I am out of the running for the champagne too. I will be adding a few beverages to the recipie list though.
0 Replies

JerryR

Fri 13 Jun, 2003 04:33 pm
Isn't one story that Cleopatra "invented" he diaphragm by scooping out half a lemon,..then using that lemon "cup" and honey??
0 Replies

cavfancier

Fri 13 Jun, 2003 09:54 pm
Could be, too bad I missed monger's post.
0 Replies

JerryR

Sun 15 Jun, 2003 08:51 pm
An Appetizer entry from bandylu2:

Recipe contest entry, Appetizers, Hungarian Pizzas
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Mon 16 Jun, 2003 09:42 am
Ahem...

Lemons are spermicidal because they are acidic.

Honey is spermicidal because it has a very high osmotic potential (for the same energy as sugar solution, honey has twice the concentration, as the fructose and glucose are separated, rather than combined as sucrose). That's why honey NEVER goes bad due to bacteria, etc. The spermatozoa will just dehydrate on contact.

Science is an amazing thing! Those clever bees never have a problem with mouldy hives!
0 Replies

JerryR

Wed 18 Jun, 2003 07:07 pm
OK,...NEVER thought I 'd be saying this, (since I'm a culprit too),...but,..
NO MORE TALK OF SPERM, DEHYDRATED OR OTHERWISE, ON THE "COOKBOOK RECIPE CONTEST THREAD",...OK!!!!

http://bostonabuzzers.homestead.com/whacky40.gifhttp://bostonabuzzers.homestead.com/devil04.gif Laughing
0 Replies

JerryR

Wed 18 Jun, 2003 07:08 pm
Jespah added a great recipe today!!

Recipe Contest - Main Dishes - Marco Polos
0 Replies

cavfancier

Wed 18 Jun, 2003 07:52 pm
If we can talk caviar we can talk sperm, tis an equal opportunity board. Perhaps this may be the last word on the subject however:

白子 (shirako)

Literally "white children", shirako is a Japanese euphemism for soft roe, which in turn is an euphemism for milt, which is a technical term for fish sperm. It's white, it's globby, it's gooey, it looks exactly like you'd expect fish sperm to look and it tastes worse: "even my own tastes better", to quote a friend. Shirako is most often spotted in kaitenzushi restaurants, where it is plopped into a little boat of rice and nori to await the unsuspecting gaijin.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Wed 18 Jun, 2003 08:00 pm
cav,

I just tweaked the forum a bit so tehy should work now. I do not have the thigs I need to isntall to display japanase on this puter so can you let me know if it worked?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Wed 18 Jun, 2003 08:24 pm
Hey, it worked! Very Happy
0 Replies

JerryR

Sun 22 Jun, 2003 05:15 pm
eeeeewwwww!!

heeheehee Laughing !
0 Replies

cavfancier

Thu 26 Jun, 2003 04:43 pm
Here is one for the book, from my third and final Cuisinouveau Menu Contest win. If you don't want to wait until November for the Nouveaux, a light Beaujolais or Gamay will do just fine in place of the wine suggested.

Chilled Plum and Vin Primeur Soup with Crème Fraîche and Primeur Granita

1 bottle of Caves Rhodanienne 1998 Vin Primeur
1 cup sugar
2 cinnamon sticks
3 cloves
zest of one orange
1 pound of fresh purple plums
4 Tbsp. Crème Fraîche

Wash and pit plums. Combine remaining ingredients, except for crème fraîche, and bring to a simmer, stirring to dissolve sugar. Poach plums in liquid until soft. Strain liquid and reserve. Remove cinnamon sticks and cloves from plums; purée with ½ reserved liquid; strain and chill well.

Freeze remaining ½ of poaching liquid in an ice cream maker for granita, as per the ice cream maker's instructions.

To serve: Ladle chilled soup into rimmed soup bowls. Place a scoop of granita in centre, drizzling crème fraîche around granita scoop. Cuisinouveau Menu Contest '98
0 Replies

cavfancier

Thu 26 Jun, 2003 04:48 pm
Oops, I goofed, this was the second contest I won.
0 Replies

Diane

Sun 29 Jun, 2003 09:52 am
What fun!! Now to check all my recipes--and try those already listed.
0 Replies

JerryR

Sun 6 Jul, 2003 12:17 pm
Hi All!!

Excellent Diane!!, the more, the BETTER!!

Cav,..the soup sounds Terrific!!

I've been out of the loop for about a week, did eight consecutive dinners on my bosses yacht ( I know,..poor me Laughing )
It does take some time to get used to a moving kitchen! Laughing
And quinn got to be my "sous-chef", as I had to do the dinners from my home, an needed some help!!,..She's Awesome!!

Anyway, I'm back,..doesn't look like there's been much happening around here.

Come on now,..I know that at least some of you cook!!
Favorite recipes, cookbook, free champagne,...what's the problem?? Laughing
0 Replies