Remember

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 12:35 pm
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/8310/neverforgetvs1.jpg
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

(Clicking the image will take you to a 7MB Adobe .swf presentation - slow to load, hard to watch, but well worth the effort. Have your speakers or headphones on.)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 642 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 12:54 pm
Thanks for posting this, Timber. Those images are very moving.

My thoughts go out to all Americans today.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 12:56 pm
Mine too...
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 03:43 pm
Very emotional to watch.....

My heart goes out to all the victims and their families on this dark day.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 03:55 pm
The fanatics of 9/11 attacked all people, not only Americans.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 04:15 pm
This was an incredibly hard day, harder than I had thought it would be.

I am again working for the company where I worked on 9/11, wearing almost the exact same badge, doing almost the exact same thing, again working in a tall building.

And I remember my parents' neighbor. He died in the WTC. I remember how we didn't know where my cousin was for a few hours (she's fine). I remember how a friend of ours was 9 months pregnant and had to walk home to Brooklyn. I remember leaving my office at 11 AM or so, terrified that a building was going to fall on me any minute. I remember getting to South Station, where everyone was waiting for a cab. I remember directing people in cabs -- you going North? Here, take this other person with you. I remember getting home, turning on the TV and staring and staring. I remember RP getting home a few hours later (he had walked, as traffic was horrendous), and how we hugged. I remember crystal blue skies and feeling that they were horrible -- and today there is another crystal blue sky and it's making me nauseous. I remember having nightmares of planes and bodies skidding along the office corridors.

Oh yes, I remember.
0 Replies