THE BRITISH THREAD

patiodog

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 03:40 pm
Look at the little islanders trying to stake out a little bit if individual identity and superiority for themselves. Quite the pissing contest. It's cute. You're probably all cousins, so you should just kiss and make up.

Or maybe skip the kissing part. Truth be told, I'd recommend directing your more amorous impulses away from the drizzled isle and get in on some of that hybrid vigor that folks on the various continents have been raving about.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 04:01 pm
Who's been getting the dog pissed?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 04:35 pm
No one at all. Just thought I'd offer the warring factions a chance to unite against a common enemy.

And, no, not the Judean People's Front.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 04:47 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
my mother comes from New Zealand,

Aaaaha! that explains it all.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 05:20 pm
Mathos wrote:
If i were you smorgsi, I would find the Yorkshire pillock and shove the gas man's wrench right up his arse...
you have a certain way with words, and wrenches mathos.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 05:30 pm
Doziedawg wrote-

Quote:
Truth be told, I'd recommend directing your more amorous impulses away from the drizzled isle and get in on some of that hybrid vigor that folks on the various continents have been raving about.

What about little old me Ear-twitcher?

I have no " amorous impulses". I did have once but they have been beaten out of me by forces I suspect you are familiar with.

Is the "hybrid vigour" a new mutation or the same old mutton chops being spun in a novel fashion by light shows and mirror tricks.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 05:31 pm
dorothy wrote

from memory

"my fannwy"

or some such, which I thought very funny

if a bit vulvagar
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 05:34 pm
Ta Steve. Thought you'd appreciate that one.

x
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 05:38 pm
Dorothy Parker wrote:
Ta Steve. Thought you'd appreciate that one.

x
not at all dp thanks for sharing.

You know what...i found out what a brazilian is today
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 05:50 pm
Yes it's a neatly clipped MYFANWY.

x
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 06:05 pm
Dorothy Parker wrote:

x
Laughing 'night

wot you doin up this late missy?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 07:08 pm
spendius wrote:
Doziedawg wrote-

Quote:
Truth be told, I'd recommend directing your more amorous impulses away from the drizzled isle and get in on some of that hybrid vigor that folks on the various continents have been raving about.

What about little old me Ear-twitcher?

The battle, I thought, were between Mathos and Ellpus. I'll admit to not having read to closely, however.

Quote:
I have no " amorous impulses". I did have once but they have been beaten out of me by forces I suspect you are familiar with.

Bangers, or beer?

Quote:
Is the "hybrid vigour" a new mutation or the same old mutton chops being spun in a novel fashion by light shows and mirror tricks.

Just a politically correct way of saying, "Not inbred."
0 Replies

The Grand Duke

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 07:36 pm
Speaking of mutton-chops, I just found out about this bloke:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/22/Ambrose_Everett_Burnside.jpg/240px-Ambrose_Everett_Burnside.jpg

General Ambrose Burnside, who might have given sideburns their name.

Wikkipedia has a fascinating piece, including the fact that Scrooge McDuck (fictional millionaire) is another famous sideburn cultivator.

Nothing particularly British about any of this, so I do apologise, but I had to share it with someone.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 10:09 pm
Whilst I suspect that mathos jibes are intended to be lighthearted banter there comes a time when people of concience realise they have overstepped the mark. online it is difficult to interpret intentent however it is not too difficult to mis-interpret LEs reaction

Technological trauma: cyber bullies more powerful than schoolyard thugs
Larissa Dubecki
October 28, 2006

TECHNOLOGY has turned the traditional image of the bully waiting at the school gates on its head. Now a 24-hour, wireless, faceless, version 2.0 of the school bully hides behind text messages

read this mathos

As the above artical goes on to say, many knew of the actions of the thugs involved in the production of a video and DVD
Quote:
At the heart of the moral panic accompanying this week's headlines is the disturbing fact the DVD's existence was widely known and circulated among Werribee's school-age children. Before footage of the attack was played on Today Tonight on Monday night, none of them acted to halt it.

I will not stand by and wait for this issue (mathos/elphus) to resolve itself
I call upon Mathos to acknowledge that he may have taken things a little too far.

I am also reporting mathos recent posts and Eelphus' response to admin.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 03:42 am
dadpad !

Get in the real world you sanctimonious sheep violater.

By the way you missed the 's' out of conscience!

There is no such word as intentent.

Good food for thought for you before you go walkabout too mate, Leave the Brits to the themselves, we don't need you, or your stupid, pathetic interfering posts.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 03:50 am
Mathos has given me plenty of that stuff but it has no effect on me.

Having a rant must be cathartic for him. I assumed he was drunk.

Has nobody noticed how he switches into phoney sickly sentimental mush just as easily. No middle ground and the middle way is the British way.

All bullies are like that. Crush at no risk and slush with no meaning. Both are as bad as each other.
Boring. And not a jot of originality. I've been a Yorkshire oik about 500 times and it's always watching paint dry.

Take no notice. It's quite funny really. Padded cell rage I guess.

He's a serial asserter. The patriarch at bay.

Ellpus is a bit similar. Let 'em slug it out.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 03:57 am
I have also reported mathos most recent post as an attack on a member.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 04:02 am
spendius wrote:

Take no notice. It's quite funny really.

Bullying is NOT funny it has dire consequences for those that are vulnerable. Which, I assume elphus is not. However the principle remains the same. How long before this bully persues someone more vulnerable?
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 04:17 am
Hello, I'm in leafy Pennsylvania. So far, so nice.

I'm going to write on the Bagels (NY) thread - to avoid repetition- so see y'all later.

McTag
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 04:49 am
Dorothy Parker wrote:

x

Hey I remember Alias Smith & Jones on TV (remember them? Very good) had a song sketch about Welsh girls' names and amazingly plentiful these names are. Can't remember many now though- lets have some contributions

Megan, Mair, Gwyneth, Myvanwy +
0 Replies