Let's hear from all the men out there!!

Francis

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 01:54 am
Ouch, Gus! Now I'm glad not being real man!!!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 01:54 am
I hear you, brother. We carry a tremendous burden.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 01:56 am
Francis, if you would like to borrow a few of my muscle shirts some time, by all means, feel free to ask.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 02:11 am
martybarker wrote:

I've already identified what I'm looking for. What I'm curious about is this... Are my expectations realistic? Maybe I'm being a little misunderstood here. Just looking for some male perspectives.

Here in lies your problem. stop setting goals and having expectations. Start being friends with people. Hopefully some of those people will be attractive and interesting to you. Its even possible that some of these people will have a penis and testicals. Over a period of time you may come to a point where you can be honest enough with yourself to be able to consider sharing a large part of your life with a person.

What do men want? Honesty realness and respect.

Not the fakery that magazines and cosmetic companies and such sell (thats for fantasizing about.)

Big tits are an added advantage,..... hmmmm so are small ones and if your dad owns a brewery.......... :wink:
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 07:46 pm
Quote:
CJ and I agree sometimes, more often than not, and appreciate each other generally. This time I think she totally nailed it, and left me laughing while agreeing. I might even save that post to print.

I hope that means your laughing WITH me. I definitely like to think I have a good sense of humor and the ability to laugh at myself when I'm being a complete knucklehead(it's been known to happen from time to time)

Gustav, I appreciate your honesty, quite honestly I think it realistic that men think that way. I'm hoping to eventually find a partner that appreciates the beauty from within as well as from the outside. Someone who can just appreciate me as an ordinary human being who has great qualities as well as some annoying habits. I'm an honest, loyal person and hoping to find the same in a partner. I'm in no huge hurry. It's not like my biological clock is ticking by all means. But I've been out of a long term relationship for 3 years now and feel that I'm ready to accept someone into my life.

As a friend of mine told me yesterday, the more inside information you have the better you can play the game. I'm not into playing games but would like to understand if men in general are capable of commitment,loyalty and true love.

Not trying to put any of you down by all means, I've been burned and am left with a lot of uncertainties. Just looking for some general insight from you guys!
0 Replies

Tenoch

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 05:21 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Please ignore anything Francis says. He is French and has no idea what goes on in the head of a real man.

Allow me.

Real men, such as myself, have no specific thoughts in their head. By that I mean there is no clear image because we do not think of one thing only but rather our heads our filled with a carnival of images, a phantasmagorical whirlwind of items on the agenda, i.e., breasts, thighs, a recently slaughtered village, the smell of napalm in the morning, a football sailing through the air on a crisp autumn day, another breast or two jiggling around in a seductive fashion, a brand new nail gun, the smell of hot roofing tar, the brief glimpse of the neighbor lady's derriere as she plants some flowers, the intense pleasure of switching the channel when one comes across Wrestlemania, watching the water race toward you as you sit on the front of a boat, the simple beauty of a tree, another breast, and, and perhaps most importantly, the sight of your dog trotting toward you with an ice-cold can of beer in its mouth.

Haha, I read that and think to myself how stereotypical i am and how easy it is to figure me out.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 05:36 am
Ugg!

Gus and muscle shirt. That thought will haunt me all day!

Go ahead. Try to picture it. Gus, muscle shirt, pitchfork and straw hat.

(There, now we can all suffer together.)

Laughing
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 01:47 pm
You guys are great sports, thanks for the sense of humor!!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 02:10 pm
martybarker wrote:
Gustav, I appreciate your honesty, quite honestly I think it realistic that men think that way.

Though the shoe obviously fit for Tenoch <g>, I think, actually, Marty, that Gus was joking.. :wink:

martybarker wrote:
the more inside information you have the better you can play the game. I'm not into playing games but would like to understand if men in general are capable of commitment,loyalty and true love.

Perhaps a good place to start would be to discard this urge to see men as some kind of uniform, collective identity who would all work and think in the same "men way". Men are as different from one to the other as women. So, obviously, there are men who are capable of commitment,loyalty and true love, and there are men who are not, and there are men who are capable of one or two of the three but not the other. Pretty much like with women, or say, right-handed people or Asians.

Also, though I know that what he said directly contradicted the advice of some of the women here (CJ and Osso), I would say that Dadpad is the one who hit the nail on the head.

Let go of the idea that men are this way or that, and that if you only find out "how they work" you can work it the right way - and get to know them as people, who turn out to be likable or not, instead.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 02:27 pm
I don't disagree with dadpad, or you either, nimh.
Besides, being a woman, I shouldn't even have answered..
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 02:31 pm
Well I suppose I shouldnt have answered either, because I havent even approached my mid-life crisis..
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 02:45 pm
MartyB said -
I hope that means your laughing WITH me. I definitely like to think I have a good sense of humor and the ability to laugh at myself when I'm being a complete knucklehead(it's been known to happen from time to time)

Oh, I was laughing re CJ's description of different men's takes on things. Certainly Not laughing at you, Marty.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 04:40 pm
Laughing I know that I seriously have some uncertainties now that I'm single after being with the same person for the past 20 years(that includes dating) But I was hoping to find some answers and some humor at the same time. :wink:
0 Replies