Birth Control and Miscarriages

JPB

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 08:51 am
material girl wrote:

Take a test or get the morning after pill.

She's way beyond the morning after, mg, more like a month after.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 08:52 am
martybarker wrote:
I REALLY think you are getting excellent advice here. People can tell you that you are too young for sex but the truth is, you're going to do what you want to do. My opinion also is that 14 is too young for sex, don't give in to peer pressure. Back at your age I'm sure girls bragged about losing their virginity but actually didn't. Sex should be shared between two people who are truely in love with each other and want to share in an intimate relationship. I just gave my 14 year old daughter advice yesterday. She is entering highschool! I told her"just know that boys talk, so make sure the first boy you kiss is someone you really want to, because most likely all his friends will know" Most importantly"make wise choices" At 40 I still tell myself that.
If you are considering becoming sexually active the advice of calling planned parenthood is excellent. It never hurts to just talk to someone with professional knowledge. I'm proud of you for coming here seeking advice. At your age I was uninformed which was very dangerous, I consider myself lucky!
!

I love my mum dearly but I wish she had given me that advice when I was young.
We didnt talk about it at all!!!

Yep, the avice id give is along the same lines.'Boys lie, make sure you can handle the consequences'.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 08:59 am
JPB wrote:
material girl wrote:

Take a test or get the morning after pill.

She's way beyond the morning after, mg, more like a month after.

Sorry, meant to say I hadnt read the whole thread.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 11:40 am
Exitmusic's original thread on this subject:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=80934&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Exitmusic--

I'm delighted to hear that you've talked to your mother about birth control. She may not be delighted, but when push comes to shove, she's on your side.

Echoing other posters: Starting Birth Control will not cause an abortion. You'd just be locking the barn door after the horse was stolen.

Please, get to a drugstore, buy a pregnancy test and take the pregnancy test.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 11:58 am
I think I may have started the confusion re: taking birth control pills after becoming pregnant having a bad effect on the pregnancy, sorry. From my bc pill package insert:

Quote:
1.Missed periods and use of oral contraceptives before or during early pregancy

There may be times when you may not menstruate regularly after you have completed taking a cycle of pills. If you have taken your pills regularly and you miss one menstrual period, continue taking your pills for the next cycle but be sure to inform your health care provider before doing so. If you have not taken the pills daily as instructed and missed a menstrual period, you may be pregnant. If you missed two consecutive menstrual periods, you may be pregnant. Check with your health care provider immediately to determine whether you are pregnant. Do not continue to take oral contraceptives until you are sure you are not pregnant, but continue to use another method of contraception.

There is no conclusive evidence that oral contraceptive use is associated with an increase in birth defects, when taken inadvertently during early pregnancy. Previously, a few studies had reported that oral contraceptives might be associated with birthdefects, but these findings have not been seen in more recent studies. Nevertheless, oral contraceptives or any other drugs should not be used during pregnancy unless clearly necesary and prescribed by your doctor.

That's for mine, yours might be different.

I'd suggest:

1.) Find your package insert + read it.
2.) Get a pregnancy test.
3.) Use other forms of contraception until you get your period (if you're not pregnant).
4.) Once you have your period, start a new packet of bc pills.
5.) Most importantly, and superceding 1-4, talk to a doctor about all of this.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 12:35 pm
Soz, she's not on BCP or any other kind of birth control at this point. Only 2) applies. 3) and 5) should apply regardless.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 12:42 pm
Oh... was it Mintcake?

I'm obviously confusing a few (running around doing a zillion things and not paying enough attention, sorry).
0 Replies

exitmusic7

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 02:01 pm
sozobe wrote:
I think I may have started the confusion re: taking birth control pills after becoming pregnant having a bad effect on the pregnancy, sorry. From my bc pill package insert:

Quote:
1.Missed periods and use of oral contraceptives before or during early pregancy

There may be times when you may not menstruate regularly after you have completed taking a cycle of pills. If you have taken your pills regularly and you miss one menstrual period, continue taking your pills for the next cycle but be sure to inform your health care provider before doing so. If you have not taken the pills daily as instructed and missed a menstrual period, you may be pregnant. If you missed two consecutive menstrual periods, you may be pregnant. Check with your health care provider immediately to determine whether you are pregnant. Do not continue to take oral contraceptives until you are sure you are not pregnant, but continue to use another method of contraception.

There is no conclusive evidence that oral contraceptive use is associated with an increase in birth defects, when taken inadvertently during early pregnancy. Previously, a few studies had reported that oral contraceptives might be associated with birthdefects, but these findings have not been seen in more recent studies. Nevertheless, oral contraceptives or any other drugs should not be used during pregnancy unless clearly necesary and prescribed by your doctor.

That's for mine, yours might be different.

I'd suggest:

1.) Find your package insert + read it.
2.) Get a pregnancy test.
3.) Use other forms of contraception until you get your period (if you're not pregnant).
4.) Once you have your period, start a new packet of bc pills.
5.) Most importantly, and superceding 1-4, talk to a doctor about all of this.

Okay... um so this is saying that it will not cause people to have a miscarriage? But if you take the bc pills if you are pregnant, will it have any health effect on the person taking the pills?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 02:07 pm
exitmusic7 wrote:
Okay... um so this is saying that it will not cause people to have a miscarriage?

Correct!

Quote:
But if you take the bc pills if you are pregnant, will it have any health effect on the person taking the pills?

Any medication has possible side effects, including BCP. The possible side effects depend on the pills prescribed, the dosage, and your system. You need to discuss side effects of the particular pills you are given with your dr when you get your prescription.
0 Replies

exitmusic7

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 03:00 pm
AHHHH!

That's the who reason I was getting birth control!

I'm just pretty much screwed now.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 03:08 pm
WHAT'S the whole reason you were getting BCPs?

To induce a miscarriage? Or, to have protection against pregnancy without any side effects?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 03:10 pm
Exitmusic--

Please will you take the pregnancy test.

If you are going to be sexually active--and if you're doing things that make your bf happy, you're going to be sexually active--you must use birth control.

"Saving yourself for marriage" means little when the hormones are hot and heavy.

Do you have an appointment with a doctor to talk about the pill? You can request that your mother not be in the room when you talk to the doctor.

First, get a Pregnancy Test Kit and use it.
0 Replies

exitmusic7

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 04:46 pm
JPB wrote:
WHAT'S the whole reason you were getting BCPs?

To induce a miscarriage? Or, to have protection against pregnancy without any side effects?

I'm getting Birth Control Pills so I can, yes, induce a miscarriage.
But see, no one else can know... like my parents.
0 Replies

exitmusic7

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 04:49 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Exitmusic--

Please will you take the pregnancy test.

If you are going to be sexually active--and if you're doing things that make your bf happy, you're going to be sexually active--you must use birth control.

"Saving yourself for marriage" means little when the hormones are hot and heavy.

Do you have an appointment with a doctor to talk about the pill? You can request that your mother not be in the room when you talk to the doctor.

First, get a Pregnancy Test Kit and use it.

I have an appointment the 19th of this month.

I know "saving myself for marriage" is going to be hard, but I'm religous and I'm going to try and stick with it, and I understand that it will be difficult.
So I'm not going to be sexually active.

And my boyfriend is getting me a pregnancy test today.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 04:58 pm
exitmusic7, no matter what the outcome of the pregnancy test turns out to be, please keep your appt on the 19th. You definitely need to talk to someone who can give you the proper facts about sex, protection, and pregnancy regardless of your current status.

Good luck on the results tomorrow!
0 Replies

exitmusic7

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 07:25 pm
Okay thanks--

So let me get this clear... If I get birth control and I'm pregnant. You are 100% sure there is no way I would loose the baby?
0 Replies

exitmusic7

Okay thanks--

So let me get this clear... If I get birth control and I'm pregnant. You are 100% sure there is no way I would loose the baby?
0 Replies

exitmusic7

Okay thanks--

0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 07:34 pm
I don't think anyone can say that with any certainty.

As in, people miscarry for a lot of reasons, especially in the first trimester, so even if the birth control pills have nothing to do with it, it's possible that while you take them, you would spontaneously miscarry.

But if your intention is to miscarry, birth control pills are not very likely to get you there. It seems like even the worst-case scenario is that they may cause birth defects, not miscarriage.

It sounds like you don't actually know for a fact that you're pregnant -- if that's the case, I heartily agree that it's the first step. (Find out if you are pregnant or not, go from there.)
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 04:50 am
OK

I just went back and looked at your previous posts exitmusic.....correct me if I'm wrong with this recap....

You posted on 8/14 that you engaged in some heavy petting and oral sex, and your boyfriend, who MAY have gotten some ejaculate on his hand, and put his finger in your vagina. This happened on the 10th.

You say you were due to get your period in about 3 weeks. That BTW, makes you due for you period on 9/11, which is still a few days away. All these occured 4 days before you posted, you would still be due right around now.

For some reason, you won't walk into a Walgreens and pick a $10.00 pregnancy kit off the shelf, plunk down your money, and pee on a stick.

Instead, you want to take birth control pills to miscarry, when you have no idea if you're pregnant.

Oh, almost forgot...you're experiencing symptoms of pregnancy, even though at the time you stated that, it was just a few days after the finger incident. Which would be highly unusual as pregancy symptoms generally would not occur nearly so soon.

Do I have all this relatively straight?
0 Replies