44

Why does sunlight make me tired?

coluber2001

1  
Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2017 02:32 pm
@stuh505,
I too have noticed a depletion of energy when I've been in the sunlight a long time, and it's especially serious if I get a sunburn. It may simply be that the body is using energy to try to cool the surface of the skin. Even on a relatively cool day of say 70 or 80 degrees the the direct rays of the sun greatly increases the temperature of the skin. Over a long period of time this could take a lot of energy. The same energy drain occurs on a hot day even in the shade because the body is trying to keep cool by sweating.

Krumple

1  
Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2017 04:12 pm
@stuh505,
stuh505 wrote:

I have noticed that exposure to sunlight makes me tired. I recall a friend mentioning something about a specific vitamin or something that was created when in the sunlight that caused the effect and I'd like to find out what it is, and if there is a way I can prevent it.

My theory;

You have trained your body to the point when you get warmer than room temperature your brain thinks, "sleepy time."

So you have trained your body every night hoping into bed with warm blankets. Body tempature rises and you fall asleep.

Step out into the sun, body tempature rises, brain thinks oh must be time to sleep.
chirchri

0  
Reply Tue 23 May, 2017 09:42 pm
@Krumple,
So it's natural reaction´╝č