I need your honest opinion!

dlowan

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 02:24 am
Erik30 wrote:
At last Ive witnessed one of those Americans that just go blank when faced with irony or sarcasm! its true after all!

Have a nice day, Bernard.

he can't.

there's just too much irony woven into the fabric of human existence.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 02:56 am
why does this thing keep freezing on me?

Methinks I'll go to forum help, as I can't seem to get the bloody thing to work, today.
0 Replies

Erik30

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 03:23 am
BernardR wrote:
What's the matter, Erik? Can't you respond to my question or did it ruin your preconceptions?

BernardR - "Well. the Brits may have a different sense of humor than the Americans. I know some people who walked out of the theatre when the Pythons sang- "We don't have enough Jews" or something like that"

Somehow I missed the songs(please fill me in if I did) by the Pythons celebrating the anal proclivities of gays or the disasterous stupidity of most African-Americans.

Some people look for equal opportunity in comedy--Erik!!! "

My response.

Bernard, if you cant honestly see the irony or sarcasm in the examples that you used, you've more than proved my point. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Do you wear that blank expression a lot, Bernard?
0 Replies

Erik30

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 03:24 am
dlowan wrote:
Erik30 wrote:
At last Ive witnessed one of those Americans that just go blank when faced with irony or sarcasm! its true after all!

Have a nice day, Bernard.

he can't.

there's just too much irony woven into the fabric of human existence.

Laughing
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 04:01 am
Bugger! That's what I was going to say!

I'm giving my computer one last chance, and then I'm going to throw it out of the window, methinks.

(Helpful hint to BernardR.......Irony has nothing to do with metalwork, old boy)
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 04:08 am
Nor has it to do with removing wrinkles from clothes..
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 04:53 am
BernardR wrote:
Well. the Brits may have a different sense of humor than the Americans. I know some people who walked out of the theatre when the Pythons sang- "We don't have enough Jews" or something like that"

Somehow I missed the songs(please fill me in if I did) by the Pythons celebrating the anal proclivities of gays or the disasterous stupidity of most African-Americans.

Some people look for equal opportunity in comedy--Erik!!!

There's a salvo for you, Nimh!!!!

I can't ask for forgiveness for chic (OK here he is Bernard) because he doesn't have a clue what he is talking about. Funny is funny all over the world, but our fact checking bernie just mentioned a song that doesn't only exists in his diseased mind. Shame on you Massagotto, you should know what you are talking about before you open your big yap. Must be scary out there in your cave. RIP, Chic. RIP.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 05:12 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
Bugger! That's what I was going to say!

Ha! That's what they all say.
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 07:43 pm
Hey! I was just going to say that!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 09:28 pm
There is not one of us who would not gladly suffer death to rid this country of the Romans once and for all!

Oh, yeah, there's one.

But otherwise, we're solid.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 10:02 pm
patiodog wrote:
There is not one of us who would not gladly suffer death to rid this country of the Romans once and for all!

Oh, yeah, there's one.

But otherwise, we're solid.

But look at the roads!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 01:10 pm
Well, of course, the roads. The roads go without saying, don't they?
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 01:22 pm
Well. the Brits may have a different sense of humor than the Americans. I know some people who walked out of the theatre when the Pythons sang- "We don't have enough Jews" or something like that"

And, Erik. I have a great opportunity for you--There is an opening in Baghdad for a presentation like Monty Phython--All you have to do is to work up some good gags about Mohammed and Allah-

If you tried that they would rip off your gonads and stuff them in your mouth.

The Jews did not do that after the
"we don't have enough Jews" crap--but that is because we have liberty in this country--Just as long as you don't satirize gays, blacks or feminists>
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 02:15 pm
BernardR wrote:

And, Erik. I have a great opportunity for you--There is an opening in Baghdad for a presentation like Monty Phython--All you have to do is to work up some good gags about Mohammed and Allah-

If you tried that they would rip off your gonads and stuff them in your mouth.

The Jews did not do that after the
"we don't have enough Jews" crap--but that is because we have liberty in this country--Just as long as you don't satirize gays, blacks or feminists>

It's official, Bernard has no sense of humor and has never seen Monty Python shows or the movies. If they (the ensemble) were anti-anything it's anti-serious. But Bernard, if you really want to believe that, then watch one of their movies, I'm sure you will find something subversive in one of the scenes. You are very talented when it comes to sniffing out outrage. I doubt seriously if you would enjoy their comedy, too many obscure references for the humorless.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 02:17 pm
What roads, Patio Dog? What roads are you talking about?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 02:30 pm
The roads that were built by the Ancient Romans. It was meant to be humorous. Please, I beg you, don't watch anything the Pythons did.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 02:39 pm
<a whooshing noise is heard, as the fun fairy passes over Bernard's head, leaving a vapour trail as she heads for pastures new, where people actually smile occasionally>
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 03:55 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
<a whooshing noise is heard, as the fun fairy passes over Bernard's head, leaving a vapour trail as she heads for pastures new, where people actually smile occasionally>

DON'T TELL HIM ABOUT THE GODDAMN FAIRY!

You KNOW what he'll do if he knows about her!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 03:58 pm
patiodog wrote:
Well, of course, the roads. The roads go without saying, don't they?

And the baths. Thought of the baths?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 06:41 pm
Oh, and don't forget sanitation, Reg. Remember what the city used to be like.
0 Replies