And play till we're blown away
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 04:10 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Not at all. It's well worth it - especially "Monty Python and the Holy Grail."

Your the alter ego of BerhardR, Brandon? Shocked

Actually, I think Brandon was simply responding to the question asked by the thread: "Do you think Monty Pyton is a waste of time?"
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 05:36 pm
BernardR wrote:
I will and can cover those topics, Hingehead, but I am very much afraid that I must insist that I was first in line.

By the way, you must have noticed that I gave a source and page numbers for my quotes. You did not!

The English--cowards??? You can't be talking about the English Army. I was referring to the French Army.

The English--cowards???

Perhaps you mean the leaders in Parliament or Neville Chamberlain?

You are a twat. So the French are cowards because their government didn't send troops into fight the Nazis - but the British? they're not cowards because their government didn't send troops into fight the Nazis.

Good logic.

As for my 6 pounds of toxins per head dropped on the vietnamese - well, I should clarify it. It was 6 pounds per head dropped on the South Vietnamese (the ones the US was protecting from the evil North). And that my dear fruit loop is from Senator Gaylord Nelson in a report to the US Senate in 1970. You can go to the Library of Congress and look it up if you want.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 06:11 pm
Now now now, hingehead. I deliberately refrained from posting this in the politics forum. I, myself, noted as of late that I tended to argue with little bridge dwellers way too often, without a chance of changing their behaviour just a tiny wee bit.

Of course, the thrill one does get out of these things are those brilliant moments when Possum suddenly, dramatically changes his and says totally unexpected things, like, for example

Possum wrote:
Yes, I was ignorant

Ha! I have thought about making this my sig line, truth be told!
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 06:12 pm
I always said that President Johnson, that quintessential Democrat was a failure as a person and a leader, Hingehead. There are many biographies written about how his idiocies(Preceded by the whoremonger, Kennedy--also a Democrat who led us into war) led us into the morass of Vietnam.

Do you want to claim that the French Soldiers were brave but that the govenment was cowardly?

I'll take that, but now you must show that the French Soldiers were "brave"

When?

Not in Algeria-They got their butts kicked because they gave up so easily

Not in World War I and World War II- The French Armies practically dissolved when they ran up against the Germans.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 06:15 pm
I suggest returning the Statue of Liberty, in that case.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 06:18 pm
So thank you all for the responses so far! A quick look at the poll suggests that a majority thinks watching Monty Python is not a waste of time!

This makes me very happy indeed!

Thanks for the contributions of everyone, too! The "Penis Song" did indeed bring back good memories, and the same goes for "Sit On My Face". Thank you very much!

I further notice that a quite vocal minority opts for "Splitter", to which I shall reply that any Anti-Imperialist group like this one must reflect such a divergence of interests within its power-base.

And Possum says it's a waste of time. Ha! Have at you!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 06:20 pm
You can never have too much Spam.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 06:22 pm
Mr. Walter Hinteler-ever the pedant--objects to my use of "A couple of months" When I used the date---March 7th---The Battle of Britain began on AUGUST 8, 1940.

Since the dictionary definition of A couple is "MORE THAN TWO BUT NOT MANY, I will not change my words.

Mr. Walter Hinteler wants to know why I did not recount the actions of the British.

That would take too much time, but the British, FAR FAR BRAVER AND WARRIOR LIKE THAN THE FRENCH, WON THE PLAUDITS OF THE WORLD WHEN THEY DEFEATED THE LUFTWAFFE BETWEEN AUGUST 6 AND SEPTEMBER 15, 1940
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 06:24 pm
and then there's canned ham
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 06:25 pm
So there was this taxi ride in San Francisco not so long ago, but far away, in which Dys and the taxi driver traded Firesign theater spiels.... alas I was in some other taxi and missed it, but those there account of it with glee.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 06:32 pm
I am very much afraid that both Hingehead and Old Europe are ignorant concerning the French role in Europe against the Nazis.

NOt only were they cowardly, they were stupid.

Of course, Hingehead and Old Europe are invited to show that the material below is false or misleading.

From Shirer---P. 726

quote-

"Prime Minister Churchill flew to Paris while German spearheads were sixty miles west of Sedan, rolling along the UNDEFENDED open country. Nothing very much stood between them and Paris and between them and the Channel, but Churchill did not know this.
"Where is the Strategic Reserve? He asked Gamelin. THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF OF THE ALLIED ARMIES TURNED TO HIM AND WITH A SHAKE OF THE HEAD AND A SHRUG ANSWERED-- T H E R E I S N O N E!

I was dumfounded, Churchill later related. It was UNHEARD of that a great army when attacked, HELD NO TROOPS IN RESERVE.
I admit, says Churchill that this was one of the GREATEST SURPRISES THAT I HAVE HAD IN MY LIFE>"

end of quote

But, the French tradition of stupidity and cowardice continues. The French at first announced that they would take the lead in sending a couple of thousand troops to Lebanon to keep the peace. NOW, they are down to 400--Cowardly, disorganized and untrustworthy!!!!
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 06:38 pm
ehBeth wrote:
You can never have too much Spam.

An excellent and outstanding contribution to this thread, ehBeth!!
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 06:39 pm
The French have been demoralized for most of their History--Here is an account of their failure in Algeria__

In the French army, the growing demoralization of the officer corps paralleled the defeatist mood of the bourgeoisie. As one historian summarized it: "As the year 1960 progressed, certain currents of conviction in the Army were perceptibly changing.... Few officers relished the thought of relinquishing Algeria to the GPRA, but an increasingly large number realized that the end of their adventure was in sight and silently submitted to the imperative" (George Kelly, Lost Soldiers: The French Army and the Empire in Crisis, 1947-1962 [1965]). A French battalion commander wrote in a November 1960 letter: "The army has had enough! The army wants an end to the war! Of course, this refers to the army of the djebels [countryside], the fighting army, that is, the overwhelming majority and not the military bureaucracy of the chiefs-of-staff" (La Nouvelle Critique, January 1961.

END OF QUOTE

"The Army has had enough"--WHAT BRAVE MEN!!! I would not want those spineless cowards defending the USA!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 06:42 pm
and then there's jambon with dijon
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 06:46 pm
and then there's egg and spam
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 06:47 pm
Did you mean: french military defeats

No standard web pages containing all your search terms were found.

Your search - french military victories - did not match any documents.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 06:49 pm
egg bacon and spam
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 06:51 pm
The Infamous Monty Python Spam Skit!

Scene: A cafe. One table is occupied by a group of Vikings wearing horned helmets. Whenever the word "spam" is repeated, they begin singing and/or chanting. A man and his wife enter. The man is played by Eric Idle, the wife is played by Graham Chapman (in drag), and the waitress is played by Terry Jones, also in drag.

Man: You sit here, dear.

Wife: All right.

Man: Morning!

Waitress: Morning!

Man: Well, what've you got?

Waitress: Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam;

Vikings: Spam spam spam spam...

Waitress: ...spam spam spam egg and spam; spam spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam spam...

Vikings: Spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam!

Waitress: ...or Lobster Thermidor a Crevette with a mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam.

Wife: Have you got anything without spam?

Waitress: Well, there's spam egg sausage and spam, that's not got much spam in it.

Wife: I don't want ANY spam!

Man: Why can't she have egg bacon spam and sausage?

Wife: THAT'S got spam in it!

Man: Hasn't got as much spam in it as spam egg sausage and spam, has it?

Vikings: Spam spam spam spam... (Crescendo through next few lines...)

Wife: Could you do the egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam then?

Waitress: Urgghh!

Wife: What do you mean 'Urgghh'? I don't like spam!

Vikings: Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!

Waitress: Shut up!

Vikings: Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!

Waitress: Shut up! (Vikings stop) Bloody Vikings! You can't have egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam.

Wife: I don't like spam!

Man: Sshh, dear, don't cause a fuss. I'll have your spam. I love it. I'm having spam spam spam spam spam spam spam beaked beans spam spam spam and spam!

Vikings: Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!

Waitress: Shut up!! Baked beans are off.

Man: Well could I have her spam instead of the baked beans then?

Waitress: You mean spam spam spam spam spam spam... (but it is too late and the Vikings drown her words)

Vikings: (Singing elaborately...) Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam! Spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam. Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Spam spam spam spam!
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 06:57 pm
Yes, that's another excellent contribution, djjd62! Thank you very much!

If there's somebody here who is still Voluntarily Ignorant about this famous sketch which brought to us and made popular the very word every e-mail users loves so dearly, I found a video, too!

(for some reason, it has some scribbled bits at the bottom of the picture.... I very much suspect that this might be an encoded message, intended to give some important information to extraterrestrians.....)
0 Replies