WHAT should I DO?!?!?!?!

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 09:24 pm
ok. Me and this guy went out for two years and now are just friends. And I have sent messages to him like I never call him. I never do anything with him. I recently emailed him a letter saying I dont wanna be friends anyore and yet HE STILL CALLS ME. I smell a STALKER. What should I do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,990 • Replies: 21
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 06:59 am
How long has it been going on that his attentions are unwelcome? How clear have you been in telling him to leave you alone (is it "Never call me again" or something more like "Don't call me at this time"? You can see where someone might misinterpret the latter).

You need to be unambiguous in telling him to leave you alone. This need not be cruel or loud or have any threats behind it. You just need to make it clear that it's over and it's never, ever gonna start up again. If he persists after that, then yeah, it's time to get the authorities involved. They will ask you if you were clear in telling him to go away, so you may as well do that now.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 08:39 am
Throw fecees at him from your window.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 08:58 am
ew!
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 09:00 am
If you are serious about having no further contact, change your number and block his emails.

I doubt that the police would act yet. Their initial advice would probably be as above.

Hope all goes well for you - if he has not done anything more sinister then call you a lot, maybe he just needs the message loud and clear. Simply not allowing any further contact should send that message.

If he continues, or his behaviour escalates - then call the police.

x
0 Replies

Plushieluv

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 12:10 pm
thanks everyone. I was wondering if there was any way to block him from my cell phone.... I have cingular
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 04:09 pm
Well, you can at least start by screening your calls or even keep your phone off, as people can leave voice mail. And then just delete his voice mails without responding to them or even listening any longer than it takes to figure out it's him.

Try www.cingular.com they might have some solutions.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 04:11 pm
How often is he calling? Do you have caller-id so that you can simply not take his calls?
0 Replies

Plushieluv

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 04:19 pm
he calls every day, twice on my cell, and twice on my house
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 04:21 pm
I suppose if it goes on long enough, or if you are nervous about what he might do, then you could try to take legal action or get an order of protection issued against him. Is he threatening you?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 05:00 pm
Does he seek physical contact? Does he physically follow you?

Tell him straight out that you do not want him calling you at home or on your cell phone--that if his unwanted attentions continue you will report him to the telephone company.

Telephone companies take harassment by phone very seriously.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 05:04 pm
Oh, he's just being a persistant lil' chap. Some day the woman of my dreams, who has 4 restraining orders against me, will be my wife. Too bad she went and cut down all those trees surrounding her house.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 05:35 pm
poop your pants without wiping or bathing for 6 days. On the 7th, invite him over for a candleight dinner and answer the door in only a garter belt and fishnet hose. I believe that will take care of the problem.
0 Replies

Plushieluv

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 05:50 pm
nope
0 Replies

Plushieluv

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 07:15 pm
ok, thanks for all the advice:)
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 09:47 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Oh, he's just being a persistant lil' chap. Some day the woman of my dreams, who has 4 restraining orders against me, will be my wife. Too bad she went and cut down all those trees surrounding her house.

Yo I got some suction cups if you want them. Great for scaling houses and peeking into windows and such. You know, just to get interior decorating ideas from your neighbors, of course. Yeah, that's it.
0 Replies

jeanniefranks

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 02:29 am
Re: What should I do?
I think I'd save the voice mails & caller-ID info especially if the messages get nasty or threatening. You could have a someone else listen to them for you so you can find out. The police might need all that info to help you get a protection order.
Good luck!
0 Replies

NWIslander

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2006 08:33 pm
Partly the answer as to what you should do depends on where you live. I assume you are an American, but the laws may be different on this in different countries, and it may even vary from state to state.

Maybe you could google what constitutes legal harassment in your state. Twice a day after he's been told to buzz off sounds pretty bad to me. He's probably obsessed with you, and this could be dangerous.

BTW, I'm having the same relationship with the Earthlink Corporation, which keeps calling me every day trying to sell me a phone-DSL computer package, even though every day I tell them I already have their package and please take me off the list! There is no way to get rid of these pests. For a so-called communications company, they sure are hard to communicate with!
0 Replies

NoNe

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 07:49 pm
ok, I never could understand people who feel something like this and are not able to tell the opressor(lol) what they think.
I had a friend, Robert, who was just a friend and all of a sudden he calls me at 12:30ish something at night and tells me he wants to see me badly; I am like why? Confused
Another time he is calling me and tells me that when we met that day, he felt magic. I am a very straight forward person, instead of being nice I asked him "Wh*tta f*&K does the magic mean, dude?"
And I was sleepless in my bed and thinking what to do and next day when I met him I told him "Robert, I would like to know if there is anything more than just a friendship u want from me. I would hate to know u want sex or something else. I see u only as a friend, a buddy" And that's it.
Since then, Robert stopped calling me at all.
Tell the dude to back off and u do not like all the attention u r getting from him. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

tedchris

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 06:35 am
tell him to back off and...
just change your numbers
0 Replies