Moderate Pain in My Foot....9 Hours After Injury

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 03:06 pm
Ok, so I am a huge klutz....this morning, while walking Zoe, she tugged, I lunged and landed a foot in a hole. Hurt pretty bad but I sucked it up, and walked home. The whole day was pretty good. A little tender but nothing serious. Figured it was ok. But then, as I was sitting here, i rolled my ankle slightly and BAM! pain. And it isn't just a little pain. It's about a 6 on a scale of 1-10. It doesn't look swollen...maybe a little . But holy sh!t if I touch the top of my foot....I can hardly walk on it. It hurts pretty damn bad. The whole foot hurts now, not just the ankle.

What could have I done to this foot that it would take such a slight movement to cause such awful pain? If I cross my legs, I can't even let it dangle without some pretty bad pain. It hurts like a mo-fo.

I suspect I should see a doctor......but what could this be??
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,598 • Replies: 6
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 03:36 pm
It could be cartidoloiosisanyklyosisphenylbarabetetitis. But I'd check with a doctor to be sure.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 03:54 pm
maybe pulled muscles, or a hairline fracture in a bone either of which you may have aggravated throughout the day, best to get it checked out
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 07:18 pm
Got it checked....moderate sprain with the possibility of a fracture not yet visable. Got an air cast. Not happy. Doped up though so foot feels ok.

What a day.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 07:31 pm
Yikes.

Weird-sounding suggestion coming up (a nurse taught me this when I broke a pile of small bones in my foot a while back).

Put a cardboard box on your bed - open side toward you - put a small pillow on the bottom - stick your foot in, on the pillow - drape a light sheet over the box and your leg.

There's a weird point in the night when the meds wear off and the slightest bit of air movement near your foot will make it throb. The box and sheet will protect you from that middle-of-the-night-screaming-Mimi-fit.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 07:35 pm
Yowch! If it still hurts tomorrow -- hurts like you wrote about -- see a doc.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 06:47 am
I did see a doc...he says nothing is broken. Just a moderate sprain. It feels 100% better today. I have to wonder if the swelling was causing some pressure on a nerve. I can move my foot today with some pain but not the kind I had last night. I don't cry from pain often and when the dog bumped my foot, I cried.

The weird thing about this all is that when I actually twisted it, it was 7:30am. But apparently the real injury occured while I was sitting at my desk. Bizarre.
0 Replies