Why does this happen to me ?

Eva

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 03:51 pm
Because romance does, that's for sure.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 09:46 am
Sms on my phone from *him* - "hold me kiss me and then some but never forget me"

Has me smiling all day.....
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 09:47 am
ehBeth wrote:
the prince wrote:
Deb, unfortunately, the english and I dont get along very well so....

If you were interested in something steadier, you could find it there.

You make your choices ... and you know it.

I have no clue what this means......
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 10:20 am
I guess you've forgotten our conversations on this topic.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 10:43 am
Aaaaah chance meetings... I had one of those once. 16-17 years ago. The most beautiful man I ever met inside and out. Sadly, we were both in our late teens, he had a girlfriend, he was in NA and fell of the wagon. He had been clean for almost a year when we met. It was romantic, exhilarating, and the most fun I'd ever had. I felt like he accepted me for who I was because he really knew what it was like to be in my shoes. We even had a song too. "Hold on to the night" by Richard Marks. *sigh* We used to drive down the road and sing that song at the top of our lungs and laugh at first, then get quiet every time it got near the end because the reality of the song would hit us.

I still wonder about him sometimes. I even thought about him on the way to get married because that song came on the radio and I doubted for the first time if the guy I was marrying was really the man for me, because to me that was love in it's purest form. The connection we had was phenomenal. Something I've never experienced since. If anything though, it gave me something to gage my relationships by. Not to compare every man to, by any means. But something to look at and say, "Yeah, it happened once. It could happen again. I could connect with someone like that again. And maybe this time it will be someone it would actually be a feasible relationship with." So maybe if you look at it from that perspective it will seem a little easier. A little more hopeful. As Noddy said: It IS better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. I know that I am a richer person because of him.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 11:12 am
ehBeth wrote:
I guess you've forgotten our conversations on this topic.

No I havent. But I cant figure out its relevance in this context....

hephzibah, our song is "When you say nothing at all" by Ronan Keating Smile
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 11:30 am
Awesome! Very Happy

You know I'm glad you posted this thread. It raised a question in me. When you really love someone, I mean REALLY love someone you shouldn't need to work that hard to keep that love going right? Huh... I never thought of that before. Interesting...
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 01:33 am
True I guess. Once upon a time, when I was REALLY in love, I made no extra effort to keep it alive - it just happened...
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 03:29 am
Quote:
You know I'm glad you posted this thread. It raised a question in me. When you really love someone, I mean REALLY love someone you shouldn't need to work that hard to keep that love going right? Huh... I never thought of that before. Interesting...

There is a big difference in glamour between Love-of-My-Life and Comfortable-Old-Shoe.

Love persists, but you have to keep working on the glamour.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 09:07 am
When it's REALLY love, it isn't "work." Exclamation
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 09:21 am
dlowan wrote:
nimh wrote:
dlowan wrote:
You don't get along with a whole COUNTRY worth of people?

Oh that's not hard. Try Dutch women.

You don't get along with a whole COUNTRY worth of women?

Methinketh there is the odour of rat herein.

I posted this elsewhere, but it bears repeating:

Quote:
How to Find a Man in Europe and Leave Him There
« German Men | Main | Italian Men »

Dutch Men
The thought of writing an entire chapter on Dutch men made us cringe because there's not a whole heck of a lot to say about these boys. They're not bad guys, they're just boring. Strong points: well-educated, open-minded and kind. Weak points: everything else. Grab a Dutch boy and make him your best friend. If you make him your boyfriend, you're in for some serious frustration. Dutch men don't understand passion, romance or excitement. They lack imagination and fail to understand the fine art of present-giving.

<snip>

Dutch Girl Competition
Dutch girls are just as nice and ordinary as Dutch boys. Boring and boring don't mix, so the girls are probably out looking for some French guy to blow smoke in their face or some German guy to tell them something isn't possible. So if you're after that Dutch stud, don't worry about any Dutch girls. They're not competing.
0 Replies