Why does this happen to me ?

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 01:05 am
As some of you know, I spent the last week in Hong Kong on work. I met someone there - he was an aussie bloke and we hit off instantly. Even though I knew it was not going to last, I spent all my evenings while I was there with him - even refusing official dinners just so that I can be with him. We even held hands under the table, and then became bolder and held hands over the table (something which is not common in HK !! )

After a long long time, I started feeling something above my waist in addtion to feeling it below my waist.

But then I left for London, and he is relocating back to Australia (he was an expat in HK) this weekend.

We even had our own song - and the orchestra in my hotel used to start singing it as soon as they saw us (after we asked them to sing it on our second date)

Why does this happen to me?

This is the second time Australia has snatched away something which had potential. (no fault of Australia though....)

Oh yes, and we cried when we parted on our last night...

Life sucks..

Just wanted to vent...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,096 • Replies: 30
No top replies

McTag

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 01:11 am
That's a shame. I met a girl from Gillingham, once, in Keswick. She was a real beauty. But we both had other lives to lead, other priorities.

I know an Australian gay guy in HK, a musician. Was it him?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 01:50 am
Dear.....you need to pick someone who lives in ENGLAND.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 04:15 am
I suspect, G, that you night feel freer, lighter, more out-going, less constricted, more open to adventure, when away from home.
Now, if you felt the same, on your home turf .........! Very Happy :wink:

..... And who knows, maybe you haven't seen or heard the last of your new friend!
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 06:07 am
Mc, nah he wasnt a musician but he had great taste in music. We liked excatly the same songs Smile

Deb, unfortunately, the english and I dont get along very well so....

msolga, maybe you are right - but I dont see any difference in the way I am when I am here and when I am travelling. I mean, I am always my usual charming self irrespective of the location.....
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 06:41 am
the prince wrote:
.... unfortunately, the english and I dont get along very well so.....

The answer is simple, G!: Move to Hong Kong! Very Happy

.... Or better still: move to Oz! :wink:
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 12:53 pm
Prince--

Better to have loved and lost, than never loved at all--particularly when the ache has gone and you can feel philosophical.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 01:39 pm
Aww...

Can't you even attempt a long-distance romance? I know it's hard, but I've been rooting for you to find someone for quite a while now and it seems a shame to just give up when you find a great guy, especially if at least one of you has the financial wherewithal to make a go of it (does he, too?)
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 01:42 pm
It wasn't the crocodile hunter was it, prince? Because if it was, that guy is married.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 03:56 pm
the prince wrote:
Mc, nah he wasnt a musician but he had great taste in music. We liked excatly the same songs Smile

msolga, maybe you are right - but I dont see any difference in the way I am when I am here and when I am travelling. I mean, I am always my usual charming self irrespective of the location.....

You don't get along with a whole COUNTRY worth of people?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 05:07 pm
Ok.

So you are more willing to kick up your heels in a diffrent place..

what about making it a point to visit some city a hundred miles or so from home so that you are still 'free' in a new place and more open to new encounters?

Im sorry you meet people who are too far from you.
It sounds like you have been single for a long time and are starting to feel really lonely. That cant feel very good. Sad

I do hope you can find someone close to home, or find someone who can help you relocate to them if need be.

Best of love luck dear. Wink
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 05:12 pm
prince, i know what being lonely is like but just find pleasures in the small things- sounds crazy but have you seen Amelie- well for me that was so true find pleasures in the small things and the big things will come.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 06:35 pm
Re: Why does this happen to me ?
the prince wrote:
We even had our own song - and the orchestra in my hotel used to start singing it as soon as they saw us (after we asked them to sing it on our second date)

Aww... that is so romantic! Such a lovely memory.

Moments like that are rare star gifts... even without follow-up.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 06:35 pm
dlowan wrote:

Oh that's not hard. Try Dutch women.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 10:31 pm
nimh wrote:
dlowan wrote:

Oh that's not hard. Try Dutch women.

You don't get along with a whole COUNTRY worth of women?

Methinketh there is the odour of rat herein.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 11:19 pm
Sympathy for Prince here. Also pleasure, that G had such a significant experience.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 02:08 am
Thanks guyz. Soz, encounters like these make me wonder if being alone is as much fun as I think it is. When I was in Toronto, I met aguy there as well who I wanted to know more. Unfortuntaley, he did not want to see me again (he said he had plans - and well, I did see him on the street with another guy next day when Beth and I were walking along checking out the men...)

Ahh well, sh*t happens.

And yeah, it was great while it lasted - the memories alone are worth it.

Long distance romance - nah - Oz is tooooooooo far away....
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 09:49 am
Is there any (really solid) reason you can't move to Oz? You do seem drawn to the Australian people.

I will admit I've never lived in a foreign country, but I have moved across my own rather sizeable country. And I will say that at the very least, I learned a lot that I wouldn't have learned staying home.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 10:56 am
the prince wrote:

If you were interested in something steadier, you could find it there.

You make your choices ... and you know it.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 11:43 am
Prince--

Does love come more easily in an exotic setting?
0 Replies