This Little Piggy Went to Market...This Little Piggy....

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 01:07 pm
...stayed here and ate every frickin' thing in sight.

It's the week before "the week" and I am starving. I want food all day. I obsess over the snack in my drawer until I can have it. (I have a mid morning and mid afternoon snack every day) I can't stop eating! I am trying really hard not to eat bad things. I only went over my calories yesterday by 100 so it isn't like I am eating chocolate and candies and cake and junk. I just am having a really hard time with this. I am drinking water by the gallon. But instead of curbing my appetite, I just pee more. Is there a way to combat this PMS hunger?

Any suggestions on what foods to eat during my period that will fill me up better? Or that I can snack on all day other than raw veggies? I want salt. I want cheese. I want sweet.

Now, where did I put that bag of Cheetos......
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 873 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Chai

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 01:11 pm
Bella, is it possible you're being a little to strict with this diet? I know you want to loose weight, but it literally sounds in your post like you are frantic.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 01:16 pm
Not frantic, frustrated.

I am coming into the third (?) week of this diet and I've lost 4 lbs. It isn't like I am losing weight like nuts. I'd like to be losing 2 lbs per week but since that isn't happening....1 will have to do.

I am being strict right now because if I let myself slide before I win this battle, I will go right back to being how I was before. I don't want that. I WANT this lifestyle change. I want to lose weight and I know that once I lose the weight, I can ease up on myself. I allow myself goodies, don't mistake me there. I just had one of those little bags of Oreo cookie things (the 100 calorie bags).

Normally, I am a-ok. But this week....I am starving because of my stupid period that's messing my groove up. And I am frustrated.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 01:20 pm
oh, ok, that's different.

you know, I can only drink so much plain water...have you tried those little packets of green tea or ice tea and such?

I really like the one that's green tea and honey....Lipton. It's subtle in taste, and unlike water, still is refreshing when it becomes room temperature.

That goes and stays down much better.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 01:22 pm
I use Water Sensations, a fruit flavored addition. Love it.

But still, it doesn't do the trick.

You know how it is when the PMS Hungries strike...I am getting to the point that i am going to snap and PIG OUT. I don't want to do that. And by pig out I mean, buy a candy bar or two, grab a bag of Lay's Chedder and Sour Cream potato chips and eat until I feel like puking.

And we all know what good that will do me.

Confused
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 01:24 pm
How bad is it really to pig out completely one day? I gotta wonder what kind of set back that would be...

See? I am weighing the consequences and bargaining with myself.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 01:31 pm
Shewolf and I are no longer friends. She suggested I throw out the Cheetos pack in my desk drawer. Throw out the Cheetos???????? Ha.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 01:33 pm
titty baby.......
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 01:36 pm
Look for one of those lists of food craving substitutes, Bella.

I've got one at home, but I'm about 3 hours east of it right now.

They're not perfect substitutes, but they can sometimes get you past the critical hours.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 01:41 pm
have some nuts or a banana.

something heavy in weight.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 01:42 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
have some nuts or a banana.

something heavy in weight.

Nuts and bananas, huh? What are YOU thinking about eating Chai??

Laughing
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 01:49 pm
Wanna feel full with less calories?

eat as much unflavored pop corn as a bowl can hold

Drink 1 full 12 ounce glass of water right after words.

Broccoli + Mrs dash butter flavoring
eat as much as you want. Literally.

Carrots

Eat 2

Grapes,
3 cups

Apple - 1+1 glass of water

Nuts 1/3 cup + 1/2 cup of pretzels
Followed with one cup of water

Brown rice
eat until you cant eat anymore. No matter how much it takes

Bananna + 1/2 cup of yogurt
followed with a glass of water

( all of the above is much less then 100 calories and heavy enough to make you FEEL full , even if you were not really hungry to begin with)
except the nuts combination.
That will take you to about 120 calories depening on what kind of nuts you eat
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 01:53 pm
Oh, god, how I sympathize! Thank sweet baby Jesus that yesterday when I just completely snapped there was nothing bad in the house except a tiny, tiny bit of potato chip crumbs at the bottom of the bag. I absolutely DEVOURED them and licked out the bag, and if there had been a whole bag I'd have eaten all of it. I'm also trying the water thing...seems to help a little-- I'm going thru baby carrots and red bell pepper like crazy too!

I'm glad you mentioned this because my period is next week too and I wouldn't have made the connection that that's why I'm going snack crazy. So if I manage to hold out for a few more days I should be back to my normal level of snack cravings!

It's nice that you're working on a diet too, Bella, I keep reminding myself when I'm feeling all deprived and annoyed that you're doing the same thing. Very Happy I can't wait to be at the point where I've gotten the results that I want and then it'll all seem worthwhile. Right now, it's very hard to feel like I'm accomplishing anything other than driving myself nuts.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 01:54 pm
Can you just suck on 2 hersheys kisses???

If you just SUCK on it, dont chew.. it lasts a few minutes, and you still get a 'sugar' high without going over board.

that will give you about 20 calories per little kiss...
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 05:01 pm
For salt cravings try eating a sour or dill pickle instead of chips.
For sweet I make a coffee (milk, little or no sugar) frappe type thing. Get the ice nice and slushy in a blender. Use a good dash of cinnamon. You can do a similar thing using fruit flavored tea and some real fruit. Drink it out of a nice glass with a thin straw so it goes down slow and feels special.
I don't have a problem eating good fats, so I will eat nuts and cheese. I buy nuts in the shell so I have to work to get the reward. I figure the extra energy to get the nut out of the shell also burns calories. I only buy good cheeses (none of that low fat crap that tastes like foam) and I cut them into serving portions so I can't just mindlessly chow down. I usually have the cheese on FiberThin type crackers.
The best thing is diversion, we think about food the most when other things are not occupying our minds.

I also think everyone deserves to wallow in a little binging now and then, life's too short to live on diced carrots and seltzer.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 05:40 pm
Well, I hogged out on some popcorn with parmasean cheese on it. It was soooooo good. And I had a few squares of chocolate...

I worked out this morning so I figure, it balanced itself out. Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 11:07 am
Salt and crunch and savoury are my demons.

Last night I snacked on radishes and shaved emmenthal instead of the giant bag of Doritos I really really really wanted. It worked. phewwwww
0 Replies