Take my Wife, Please

cjhsa

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2006 06:02 pm
Tonight she hands me a disgusting almond cookie made with almond liqueur, which I despise. When I complain, she accuses me of being a food snob.

Of course I know what I like, and what I hate. I'm willing to experiment with the in between.

I don't see very well. I hear better than most dogs, and have tastebuds to match. So sue me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,193 • Replies: 32
No top replies

Treya

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2006 06:13 pm
Ha! A food snob... that's funny... and just a wee bit petty too... *sigh*
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2006 06:16 pm
You have no idea.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2006 06:17 pm
Sounds delicious to me.

She bakes cookies?

I'll take her!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2006 06:18 pm
Hell no, she buys them - with my money.

Please, come get her, I'll throw in her van.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2006 06:20 pm
cjhsa wrote:
You have no idea.

Oh I bet I do... LOL I am a woman after all and I understand that tendancy to want to put too much emphasis on the little things... (not saying all women do this, by the way)
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2006 06:25 pm
Ha! Little things, schmittle things.

For gawds sakes cjhsa. Open yer eyes. You got one a them sophisticated womens that likes sophisticated little things. That's a good thing when it comes to knowin' just which beer to buy for venison stew. I don't hear ya complainin' 'bout that, now do I?

Get back in yer Lazy Boy and be thankful.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2006 06:31 pm
She wouldn't have a clue about the beer. Nor do I own La-Z-Boy, but that's a good idea.

Someone tell her to get a job and buy me one.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2006 06:48 pm
I bet you'd hate the almond torta I make with almond paste..

on the other hand, I have some sympathy, being an irritating foodie myself.

Still, she bought you cookies! Count yer blessings..
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2006 06:50 pm
Really cjhsa they are right, you should count your blessings. Things could be a lot worse than her just buying you some cookies you don't like and calling you a "food snob" because you didn't like them. LOL I still think that's funny though! Razz
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2006 07:07 pm
Ugh. I hate the almond cookies too.

Still, you should have gulped it down. Maybe she is trying to seduce you. :wink:

I admit to doing the same thing as your wife. If I like a food, i want everyone around me to try it and like it too. It's part of the fun of finding good food - sharing.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2006 07:13 pm
I happily tried it, thinking it might be a real almond spice cookie - but no, it was a flaky layer (tasteless) cookie sprayed with almond crap. Yuck.

I took a bite and instantly grimaced, not realizing she was watching. I might as well have puked in her Cheerios.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2006 07:22 pm
Have you tried that before?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2006 07:22 pm
At least you didn't plug her with a load of buckshot!. You should count your blessings that the dear lady offers you anything.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2006 07:24 pm
lol. Are you in the doghouse or something, cjhsa?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2006 07:52 pm
Is that what my house is called? I never knew. Wondered why all those canines came over and crapped on my lawn. Hey doggies!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2006 07:55 pm
Maybe you could bake some flaky almond cookies, just to prove you're not anti-almond?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2006 08:01 pm
Truthfully, I'm being held hostage and forced to work to support the money sucking leaches called "my family". I try to be a good husband and father, only to be repaid with lack of secondary support and copious amounts of ill will. Crap, if my wife could at least try to find a job that would at least give us some health coverage while I'm between jobs - but no. Her sleep is too important to her.

Am I in the doghouse? Maybe, but I don't care because I own the place. But likely not for long.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2006 08:03 pm
Truthfully, they are your family. That is what you are supposed to do. Get a grip. Whining is for babies. There, that's better. Chin up. Eat the damn cookies and kiss your wife and kids. Thank you for listening.

Oh, and straw will make the doghouse a little more comfy.
Laughing
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2006 08:34 pm
**** that.

They can fend for themselves. I'm done.
0 Replies