Jesus Christ and Homosexuality.

BernardR

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 04:16 pm
Oh no, Light Wizard, you have me all wrong. I don't live in an asylum. I lilve on Broadway in Chicago. You ought to visit. It is filled with all kinds of good action. We just had a great parade!
0 Replies

real life

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 11:21 pm
If we take the argument put forth by some that one cannot help who one is attracted sexually to, and therefore cannot be held responsible for actions to gratify that sexual desire.......

.........do we include pedophiles who 'just can't help ' that they are attracted to children? Were they just 'born that way' and have no choice?

.........do we include those who are sexually stimulated by violence and so torture and kill their victims for gratification? Were they just 'born that way' and have no choice?

The Bible speaks of sexual desire as that which CAN be controlled and directed.

Modern society says sexual desire CANNOT (and/or SHOULD NOT) be controlled or directed.

How far are we willing to take that line of 'reasoning'?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 11:25 pm
Another reason I can't stand this person.

He compares homosexuals to pedophiles. I'm so sick of his homophobic mantra.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 11:38 pm
Lash,

I can stand people I disagree with.

Too bad you can't.

I have worked for homosexuals, and I have hired homosexuals to work for me.

My most recent experience working for a homosexual was very pleasant.

We became great friends and I was given extremely generous consideration to stay on the team, long after I felt my contribution was over.

I was told repeatedly that I was considered the most valuable member of the team and much effort was expended to keep me.

There are homosexuals in my family and in my neighborhood.

A homosexual who was very dear to my children died recently. They had ( and still have ) no idea he was a homosexual. He chose never to discuss it, and so we didn't either.

I can do more than 'stand' them. I love them all.

Homo 'phobic' ? Hardly.

I am fearful of nothing, least of all anything having to do with homosexuals.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 11:43 pm
There is not one person here who shares all of my political/social views, but I'm crazy about most everyone here.

I said YOU, not people I disagree with.

I guess you couldn't fire people for being gay. Kudos for not breaking labor law.

Are they going to hell?

Do they decide to be gay? Should they live a life of monogamy to suit you?
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 11:51 pm
It is clear that real life is opposed to HUMAN FREEDOM.

Does Real LIfe know that Boys and Girls married when they were 12 and 13 years old in the Medieval Days. Then they were not looked on as incapable of having sex.

Does Real Life know that polygamy and polyandry has been a fixture in many countries in the world throughout History?

Does real life know that Egyptian Royalty intermarried-?-It was common for brothers to marry their sisters.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2006 04:55 am
RR, if you love the homosexuals but not the sinner, surely you shouldn't compare them to paedophiles?

Technically, I don't think paedophiles can help themselves either but because child sex is technically non-consensual and a child can't possibly understand it, it's rape. You cannot justify paedophilia, even if you ignore the Bible. The same goes for bestiality, which BernardR in his delusional reverse psychology rants can't quite comprehend.

Homosexuality is different, unless you're talking about homosexual rape. It's consensual and furthermore, if we assume equal numbers of each gender in the homosexual community, the Bible only condemns half of all the homosexuals.

It doesn't condemn lesbianism.

I'm sure BernardR and RR have no objections to girl-on-girl sex.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2006 07:49 am
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
. . . It doesn't condemn lesbianism. . .
That would be incorrect:
"Therefore God, in keeping with the desires of their hearts, gave them up to uncleanness, that their bodies might be dishonored among them, 25 even those who exchanged the truth of God for the lie and venerated and rendered sacred service to the creation rather than the One who created, who is blessed forever. Amen. 26 That is why God gave them up to disgraceful sexual appetites, for both their females changed the natural use of themselves into one contrary to nature; 27 and likewise even the males left the natural use of the female and became violently inflamed in their lust toward one another, males with males, working what is obscene and receiving in themselves the full recompense, which was due for their error." (Romans 1: 24-27, Emphasis mine)
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2006 07:51 am
BernardR wrote:
It is clear that real life is opposed to HUMAN FREEDOM. . .
That we have moral free will does not permit complete moral license.
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2006 08:19 am
real life wrote:
If we take the argument put forth by some that one cannot help who one is attracted sexually to, and therefore cannot be held responsible for actions to gratify that sexual desire.......

.........do we include pedophiles who 'just can't help ' that they are attracted to children? Were they just 'born that way' and have no choice?

.........do we include those who are sexually stimulated by violence and so torture and kill their victims for gratification? Were they just 'born that way' and have no choice?

The Bible speaks of sexual desire as that which CAN be controlled and directed.

Modern society says sexual desire CANNOT (and/or SHOULD NOT) be controlled or directed.

How far are we willing to take that line of 'reasoning'?

Deja Moo all over again.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2006 08:23 am
All I know is that God made us all and loves us all.If he didnt like us he would do something about it.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2006 08:40 am
material girl wrote:
All I know is that God made us all and loves us all.If he didnt like us he would do something about it.

The problem is there are some deluded people who look on every bad event as God's punishment and this supposedly proves their hatred correct.

P.S. Neo, what was the context of that part of Romans, again? It wasn't one of St. Paul's rantings, was it?
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2006 08:47 am
It has nothing to do with God and everything to do with humans.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2006 09:20 am
The tidal wave in Indonesia was apparantly a lot of humans splashing a lot out in the ocean. That's why it's called an "act of God?" So we are God after all.

(Purposefully stupid logic). Very Happy
0 Replies

real life

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2006 09:05 pm
BernardR wrote:
It is clear that real life is opposed to HUMAN FREEDOM.

Does Real LIfe know that Boys and Girls married when they were 12 and 13 years old in the Medieval Days. Then they were not looked on as incapable of having sex.

Does Real Life know that polygamy and polyandry has been a fixture in many countries in the world throughout History?

Does real life know that Egyptian Royalty intermarried-?-It was common for brothers to marry their sisters.

We could point out lots of things that 'have been done' in history.

So what?

Are you saying that since somebody did it...........(sigh)

...............it's too ridiculous to even have to spell it out to you.

Mohammed married a 9 year old girl. Should this be our standard for behavior?

Please post something sensible.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 12:07 am
Lash wrote:
There is not one person here who shares all of my political/social views, but I'm crazy about most everyone here.

I am glad to hear about these.

Lash wrote:
I said YOU, not people I disagree with.

I thought I was a person you disagreed with.

Lash wrote:
I guess you couldn't fire people for being gay. Kudos for not breaking labor law.

I also hired homosexuals. Their sexual behavior was not a factor, and neither was labor law.

I also have been employed by homosexuals. Labor law didn't force me to do so.

Lash wrote:
Are they going to hell?

I do not know their future.

Lash wrote:
Do they decide to be gay?

We all choose our own behavior. Do you not believe this?

Lash wrote:
Should they live a life of monogamy to suit you?

Why would that suit me?

--------------------

Do you believe there are any moral absolutes, Lash?

If you do believe in moral absolutes, what is their source?
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 04:53 am
real life wrote:

According to law, no. According to the Bible, who knows? The Bible doesn't exactly condemn paedophilia.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 09:38 am
I don't think the scribes of the Bible wanted to recognize anyone sleeping with someone under eighteen because they were doing it.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 09:15 am
Lightwizard wrote:
Yes, BernardR is so in control of his temper -- that's why he's been banned several times before under other cloned names.

RR doesn't want anyone to consider a homosexual life. Do I now sense a sublimated guilt complex now emerging? How long has this been going on? Seek professional help and stop trying to get it on A2K from the likes of BernardR, et al. Everyone has advice, it's almost like my experience in art galleries of "everyone is an artist." NOT.

Man that relationship must have really messed up your head, RR.

As for BernardR, he is discountable as if he were being displayed in K Mart.

All one has to do is look at persecution of homosexuals over the not so distant past to realize that homosexuals are STILL persecuted.

I have been persecuted simply for my sexual preference alone, MANY times throughout my ENTIRE life. Yet I don't want no pity. I would not change my sexuality if my spirituality depended on it, but, it doesn't depend on it, it is enhanced by it.

Are you suggesting we actively recruit people to the homosexual way of life? Considering the hate that homosexuals have to confront every day, just for being different, it is very easy for me to conclude that homosexuality is still not a choice one makes for a "better" life... (at least today) I have had many hundreds of homosexual friends in my lifetime.

The problems are not internal but the external pressures that homosexuals face because of both random and calculated attacks. Hate is not a fun thing. Homosexuals are the most hated minority of society next to criminals.

Homosexuality is also not something always easily hidden. Even as a straight acting homosexual I have had so much insult piled on me that I do have problems! It is the hatred in this world! What am I going to do about it? Society often uses the human conditions to champion their own cause. Support among fellow homosexuals is also rather spotty these days.

All men start out as a woman in the womb... Then a slew of hormones develop the fetus into varying degrees of human sexuality.

All men have been a woman once. (Even Jesus) Some women develop male characteristics as some men retain their feminine.

I will not curse the feminine in me, because I would be cursing all men (and women) too...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 09:16 am
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
real life wrote:

According to law, no. According to the Bible, who knows? The Bible doesn't exactly condemn paedophilia.

Mary was about 14 when God impregnated her. (handmaid of the lord)
0 Replies