7
   

Jesus Christ and Homosexuality.

 
 
RexRed
 
Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 02:27 pm
I tend to think that possibly heterosexuals underestimate homosexuals who do relate to Jesus Christ in some way or another.

I find that homosexuals who are against the right wing conservatives that when you mention Jesus Christ to them, they either unwillingly confess a secret faith or they become bitter as if there is an "issue" there.

Blacks identified with Jesus and spirituality when they were being persecuted and now homosexuals can relate to Jesus as was done with Matthew Shepherd and other homosexual martyrs.

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown makes the supposition that Jesus was married. This is not corroborated by the Bible itself at all. The apostles debated over whether to marry or stay celibate like their master. Paul finally stated that it was better to marry than to masturbate. But if one chose to masturbate then it would be acceptable too. Apparently celibacy is a gift from God.

Jesus never healed a homosexual on any of the pages of the gospels. Jesus never even speaks of homosexuality. Jesus did oppose adultery though but he left God to be the judge of the human heart.

Jesus was not a nazarite that I know of but it seems he did practice celibacy. So to crucify a celibate man is to a homosexual too close to home. Many homosexuals choose celibacy.

Other than the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, "supposedly" by God. There is no record that I have ever read of a "homosexual" being persecuted due to or in direct reference to the law of Moses in the Bible. There are many unnatural, "unclean" sins of the flesh warned of in the Bible. They were unclean because they spread disease which led to death often.

Any one who is persecuted for the person (within ethical reason) they decide to love can relate to Jesus Christ. It was Jesus who took it upon himself to love God exclusively. Jesus loved God perfectly and gave himself for us so we could love in liberty, moderation, equality and without persecution.

Jesus Christ is a patron to all homosexuals.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 28,572 • Replies: 735
No top replies

 
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 10:04 pm
Rex, I think you are using the word 'martyr' too broadly, though the persecution of any minority is repugnant to God.

Also, you would have a hard time overcoming the many scriptural references to the sinfulness of homosexual behavior included with such things as adultery, stealing and even murder.

Do you have a scriptural reference for your assertion that Paul declared masturbation to be acceptable?
0 Replies
 
RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 11:48 pm
neologist wrote:
Rex, I think you are using the word 'martyr' too broadly, though the persecution of any minority is repugnant to God.

Also, you would have a hard time overcoming the many scriptural references to the sinfulness of homosexual behavior included with such things as adultery, stealing and even murder.

Do you have a scriptural reference for your assertion that Paul declared masturbation to be acceptable?


1Co 7:9
But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn [masturbate].
0 Replies
 
megamanXplosion
 
  1  
Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 12:08 am
RexRed wrote:
neologist wrote:
Rex, I think you are using the word 'martyr' too broadly, though the persecution of any minority is repugnant to God.

Also, you would have a hard time overcoming the many scriptural references to the sinfulness of homosexual behavior included with such things as adultery, stealing and even murder.

Do you have a scriptural reference for your assertion that Paul declared masturbation to be acceptable?


1Co 7:9
But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn [masturbate].


The New English Translation, in the 7th translation note for 1 Cor 7:9, states that "than to burn" is a Greek figure of speech referring to unfulfilled sexual passion. As far as I can tell, that phrase is not talking about masturbation.
0 Replies
 
CerealKiller
 
  1  
Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 01:18 am
Jesus is an assumption.
0 Replies
 
RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 01:27 am
megamanXplosion wrote:
RexRed wrote:
neologist wrote:
Rex, I think you are using the word 'martyr' too broadly, though the persecution of any minority is repugnant to God.

Also, you would have a hard time overcoming the many scriptural references to the sinfulness of homosexual behavior included with such things as adultery, stealing and even murder.

Do you have a scriptural reference for your assertion that Paul declared masturbation to be acceptable?


1Co 7:9
But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn [masturbate].


The New English Translation, in the 7th translation note for 1 Cor 7:9, states that "than to burn" is a Greek figure of speech referring to unfulfilled sexual passion. As far as I can tell, that phrase is not talking about masturbation.


Masturbation I would not term as very "fulfilling"... Laughing
0 Replies
 
RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 01:33 am
"Puroo" is the greek words translated "burn". (Strongs)
Here are some definitions of puroo.

to burn with fire, to set on fire, kindle
to be on fire, to burn
to be incensed, indignant
make to glow
full of fire, fiery, ignited 1b
of darts filled with inflammable substances and set on fire
melted by fire and purged of dross

Comment:
Sounds like fireworks to me...
0 Replies
 
RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 01:44 am
I am not implying that Jesus was a homosexual. I would only seem to be injecting my own level of standards otherwise. I really don't know.

But for him to be celibate does present a very interesting lifestyle that he led. Thirty years is a long time to be a virgin for a man...

How did he handle natural thoughts of sex? The devil can't read your mind but Jesus said once that thinking about something was practically the same as doing it. So he must have been wrestling with his own thoughts.
0 Replies
 
xguymontagx
 
  1  
Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 02:04 am
Quote:
Masturbation I would not term as very "fulfilling"...


That depends on who you ask....

Masturbation: the primary sexual activity of mankind. In the nineteenth century it was a disease; in the twentieth, it's a cure. ~ Thomas Szasz

A woman occasionally is quite a serviceable substitute for masturbation. ~ Karl Kraus


I can't say this is my world view at the moment, but there have been times where I very much agree.


Perhaps Jesus was Talking about STD's....I mean if you get married and stick to one partner then you are less likely to acquire a burning sensation from well you know.

I think it was a prophesy to us in the future.

when it comes to homosexuality, well I do think that is for GOD to judge no me. Any christian should feel the same...afterall if you are a christian then you would belive no one is without sin.
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 02:50 am
Re: Jesus Christ and Homosexuality.
RexRed wrote:

Other than the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, "supposedly" by God. There is no record that I have ever read of a "homosexual" being persecuted due to or in direct reference to the law of Moses in the Bible.


Other than the 9 million or so Jews he killed...and the many laws he passed to humiliate and degrade Jews...Hitler never really did anything against them.

The fact that your god destroyed two entire cities filled with people...men, women, and children...and had laws that directed people to kill anyone found engaged in homosexual activity...

...IS PRETTY FUKIN' MUCH ALL ON ITS OWN!



Quote:


Any one who is persecuted for the person (within ethical reason) they decide to love can relate to Jesus Christ. It was Jesus who took it upon himself to love God exclusively. Jesus loved God perfectly and gave himself for us so we could love in liberty, moderation, equality and without persecution.

Jesus Christ is a patron to all homosexuals.


Any homosexual so afraid of life and the boogeyman that they would go through this kind of rationalization to make things alright...

...really should seek out major league professional help!
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 02:52 am
RexRed wrote:
neologist wrote:
Rex, I think you are using the word 'martyr' too broadly, though the persecution of any minority is repugnant to God.

Also, you would have a hard time overcoming the many scriptural references to the sinfulness of homosexual behavior included with such things as adultery, stealing and even murder.

Do you have a scriptural reference for your assertion that Paul declared masturbation to be acceptable?


1Co 7:9
But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn [masturbate].


So "burn" in this case means masturbate...and not suffer in Hell????

Jesus H. Keerist, Rex...you are the most deluded individual I've ever heard offer opinions.
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 02:54 am
Read that citation in context...and try to figure out what was being said with the words "cannot contain."

Holy shyt!
0 Replies
 
Lightwizard
 
  1  
Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 11:59 am
Frank, know you have a ball engaging with RexRed ( Very Happy of course, never in that way) and so do I but it's mostly an exercise in futility. He won't seek psychiatric help, he'll try to get his justification and therepy from the armchair clerics and psychiatrists which seem to abound on public forums. Man, is this misguided or what?

Jesus does state that one should honor all the laws written before, meaning the Old Testament, and that a man should marry a woman, without specifically mentioning homosexuality. Despite the meager historical proof, he wasn't homosexual by any means but consider that out of ten apostles, one of them was? Dr. Kinsey, where are you when we need you? Or Masters and Johnson. Very Happy
0 Replies
 
RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 12:17 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
Frank, know you have a ball engaging with RexRed ( Very Happy of course, never in that way) and so do I but it's mostly an exercise in futility. He won't seek psychiatric help, he'll try to get his justification and therepy from the armchair clerics and psychiatrists which seem to abound on public forums. Man, is this misguided or what?

Jesus does state that one should honor all the laws written before, meaning the Old Testament, and that a man should marry a woman, without specifically mentioning homosexuality. Despite the meager historical proof, he wasn't homosexual by any means but consider that out of ten apostles, one of them was? Dr. Kinsey, where are you when we need you? Or Masters and Johnson. Very Happy


Maybe that was the disciple "in whom Jesus loved"...

John 13:23
Now there was leaning on Jesus' bosom one of his disciples, whom Jesus loved.

John 20:2
Then she runneth, and cometh to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple, whom Jesus loved, and saith unto them, They have taken away the Lord out of the sepulchre, and we know not where they have laid him.

John 21:7
Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved saith unto Peter, It is the Lord. Now when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he girt his fisher's coat unto him, (for he was naked,) and did cast himself into the sea.

John 21:20
Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee?
0 Replies
 
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 12:50 pm
Rex; are you aware that the Greeks had four words (that I know of) translated as 'love' in English?
Briefly:
Agape= principled love
Storge= parental love
Philia= brotherly love
Eros= erotic love
Which word do you think may have been used in the expression 'the disciple whom Jesus loved'?
BTW, that would have been John.
0 Replies
 
RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 04:33 pm
neologist wrote:
Rex; are you aware that the Greeks had four words (that I know of) translated as 'love' in English?
Briefly:
Agape= principled love
Storge= parental love
Philia= brotherly love
Eros= erotic love
Which word do you think may have been used in the expression 'the disciple whom Jesus loved'?
BTW, that would have been John.


Why be so specifically preferential?
Why didn't Jesus "agape" all of the disciples equally?
0 Replies
 
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 07:23 pm
I have friends of my own gender that I love more than others and have not desired any of them sexually.

For this I am sure they are grateful. :wink:
0 Replies
 
Lightwizard
 
  1  
Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 08:23 pm
Of that I would not doubt. Very Happy
0 Replies
 
BernardR
 
  1  
Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2006 12:13 am
Light Wizard is correct. He wrote:

Jesus does state that one should honor all the laws written before, meaning the Old Testament, and that a man should marry a woman, without specifically mentioning homosexuality. Despite the meager historical proof, he wasn't homosexual by any means but consider that out of ten apostles, one of them was? Dr. Kinsey, where are you when we need you? Or Masters and Johnson.


************************************************************

That proves that all of this hate aimed at depriving Homosexuals of their constitutional rights is just based on the bigoted fundamentalists. What is wrong with letting people just love each other regardless of gender or species?
0 Replies
 
material girl
 
  1  
Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2006 02:40 am
RexRed wrote:
Jesus said once that thinking about something was practically the same as doing it.


I seriously have to disagree with that.
I struggle to get a good fantasy going in my head.Something tells me the real thing would be different!!

I thought God/Jesus were supposed to love everything/everyone.
Didnt God invent humans and therefore homosexuals?!
Whats with all these rules?!!
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
  1. Forums
  2. » Jesus Christ and Homosexuality.
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 07/14/2020 at 10:22:50