ORIGINAL NAZI DOCUMENTS ONLINE - Nuremberg Project

Charli

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 09:05 pm
"These historically significant documents have been selected by the Rutgers Journal of Law & Religion from the Donovan collection , which is kept at the Cornell University School of Law Library . By agreement, Cornell's law library will make acid-free and digital copies for use by the RutgersJournal of Law & Religion. Then, the RJLR will serve as the main outlet for publication on the internet of other selected portions of the extensive Donovan collection, which comprises nearly 150 bound volumes of Nuremberg trial transcripts and materials.

"The documents come from the personal archive of General William J. Donovan , who served as special assistant to the U.S. chief of counsel during the International Military Tribunal at Nuremberg. The International Military Tribunal was convened following the conclusion of World War II to hold accountable the principal perpetrators of the Holocaust. The tribunal addressed four counts: conspiracy, crimes against peace, war crimes (including genocide), and crimes against humanity.

"In addition to posting selected documents on its web site, the Rutgers Journal of Law & Religion will solicit commentary from Holocaust and Nuremberg scholars. In addition, the RJLR will provide hyperlinks to other web sites containing relevant articles and information."

http://www.lawandreligion.com
[/color]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 2,016 • Replies: 6
No top replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 12:27 pm
Heil.
0 Replies

giordansmith

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 04:06 am
Private archive???
'The documents come from the personal archive of General William J. Donovan ...'

Does anyone else think it suspicious that so many Nuremberg documents were held in private hands after the trials were over? (Many still are, in fact.)

I mean, how does a private individual get to keep important documents of this kind? At the very least, the documents used by Donovan ought to have been retained by the US government and handed over to the BRD in 1955.

I smell a rat.

Was the idea to keep them from being accessible to scholars?

And does the selective publication of these documents on this website represent an effort by the 'Rutgers Journal of Law and Religion' to pull the wool over the eyes of posterity by culling the documents which would draw attention to the embarrassingly fraudulent nature of the postwar trials?

In other words, are we only going to get shown the best fakes?

Giordan Smith
http://holocaust-lies.blogspot.com/
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 04:14 am
Re: ORIGINAL NAZI DOCUMENTS ONLINE - Nuremberg Project
Charli wrote:
"These historically significant documents have been selected by the Rutgers Journal of Law & Religion from the Donovan collection , which is kept at the Cornell University School of Law Library . By agreement, Cornell's law library will make acid-free and digital copies for use by the RutgersJournal of Law & Religion. Then, the RJLR will serve as the main outlet for publication on the internet of other selected portions of the extensive Donovan collection, which comprises nearly 150 bound volumes of Nuremberg trial transcripts and materials.

"The documents come from the personal archive of General William J. Donovan , who served as special assistant to the U.S. chief of counsel during the International Military Tribunal at Nuremberg. The International Military Tribunal was convened following the conclusion of World War II to hold accountable the principal perpetrators of the Holocaust. The tribunal addressed four counts: conspiracy, crimes against peace, war crimes (including genocide), and crimes against humanity.

"In addition to posting selected documents on its web site, the Rutgers Journal of Law & Religion will solicit commentary from Holocaust and Nuremberg scholars. In addition, the RJLR will provide hyperlinks to other web sites containing relevant articles and information."

http://www.lawandreligion.com
[/color]

Interesting stuff, thank you Charli.
0 Replies

Charli

Reply Sun 4 Feb, 2007 10:17 pm
A COUPLE OF "ANSWERS"
dlowan - You are welcome!

giordansmith - You've posed a couple of interesting questions . . . to which I don't have any answers.

Even though I have had an affiliation with Rutgers for many years, I'm not personally familiar with the Donovan/Nuremberg material. I simply had seen the notice of the web site in some email/brochure/information that came across my desk from Rutgers and was passing it along. As I read it, all of these documents are available at the Cornell University School of Law Library. I have no idea about the reasoning behind Rutgers selection of certain portions to put on the Internet. Who knows, they may eventually do all of the 150 bound volumes!

As to why Donovan was in possession of the collection, it would seem strange indeed that this would be "illegal"? Possibly, anyone who is interested could contact both Rutgers and Cornell. They probably would be overjoyed to talk about their work.

Thanks again for your interest.

[/color]
0 Replies

freefallgunner

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2007 07:30 am
Wasn't General William J. Donovan formerly the chief of the Office of Strategic Services (OSS)? This was the wartime American intelligence agency that was a predessecor to the CIA.

By all accounts O'Donovan was a very able spymaster.
0 Replies

Charli

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 08:48 pm
You are so right, freefallgunner!
You are so right, freefallgunner! From the Arlington Cemetery web site:[/color]

Quote:
http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/wjodonov.htm

William Joseph Donovan - Major General, United States Army

Born at Buffalo, New York, January 1, 1883, he earned the Medal of Honor for service in World War I, where he earned the nickname "Wild Bill."

He is the ONLY American to have received our nation's FOUR highest awards, The Medal of Honor, the Distinguished Service Cross, the Distinguished Service Medal and the National Security Medal.

During World War II, he founded, and then led, the OSS (Office of Strategic Services - the predecessor of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).

Following the war, he served as an Assistant to Robert Jackson, Chief American Prosecutor at the Nuremberg War Crimes Trials. He also served as United States Ambassador to Thailand in 1953.

. . . (more)
0 Replies