The Albanians

ossobuco

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 11:21 pm
I'm interested in all this too, but now just a listener.

Ellinas, I hope your friend or associate sticks with it and talks with us.
0 Replies

albo cik

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 01:17 pm
albania cames from the word Albo which in science albo means white clear pure cristal. So I believe albania means white. But most of schoolars dont accept that bc they dont like the TRUTH. The truth Hurts ..
0 Replies

albo cik

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 01:19 pm
@ILLYRIAN,

albania cames from the word Albo which in science albo means white clear pure cristal. So I believe albania means white. But most of schoolars dont accept that bc they dont like the TRUTH. The truth Hurts ..

talk72000

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2011 05:31 pm
@albo cik,
The best way to check ancestry is to take a DNA test. The DNA test could trace the ancestry all the way to Africa.
0 Replies

leonardo

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2011 07:29 pm
@Ellinas,
yeah i cant tell ya,we are the albanians,the ancient illirians,and you guys have to deal with that!!!!!!!!!!!and we were the greatest worriers ever we were the troyans,we were the barbarians that terrified europ,that's why the world is terrified of us,that is a ancient tradition to be terrified of albanians,from those days and at present,and that is the reason that greeks and serbs don't like us...!!so you wanted my opinion,here it is and you better belive it mr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Green Witch

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2011 08:01 pm
@leonardo,
Quote:
...we were the greatest worriers ever...

I think Jewish grandmothers hold that title.
0 Replies

albaniankid103

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2011 06:35 pm
@BANZAI,
croatians and bosnians are all serbian i dont know what your talking about you guys have the same language, you look the same you just split up because of religion
0 Replies

Betimi per atedhe

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2012 04:24 am
@Ellinas,
I Think you my friend (Ellinas)you are talking about Greece
People wake up ALBANIANS ARE PURE YLLIRIANS and thats it
all other in the balkans are MIXED now days GREECE is a mix of Slavs and Turks. Slavs came from the CARPAT Mountains of Russia in the yllirian Lands .The hemogeounus Slavs are in Serbia , mixed slavs and Dalmatians in Croatia and of course Macedonia more than 35% of the now days Macedonian People are PURE YLLIRIANS/ALBANIANS The rest are Slavs -Bulgarian-Turks and Cygonia . And I have a friendly message to the TURKO-SLAVIC people in GREECE .RESPECT THE RIGHTS OF THE YLLIRIAN/ALBANIAN PEOPLE IN QAMERIA OR WE WILL COME AFTER YOUR ASS SOON THIS I PROMISE YOU
0 Replies

DaKind

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2013 12:10 am
@ILLYRIAN,
The territory of present Albania and Kosovo was indeed the last refuge of Roman citizens escaping the horde for centuries. The leftovers of that culture are still preserved in small pockets throughout the territories like the people of Gorani. Those groups do not consider themselves Albanian nor does the other accept them as such. Illyrian language was immediately Romanized due to it never being a single formed language, rather a blend of Celtic, Greek, and even slavic at that time. If anyone has heard someone speak Vlaski they'll know what Im talking about. It sounds very latin and unlike anything else.
Direct lineage from Illyrian (what?) kingdom ? Illyria was never a kingdom or single formed alliance since the Herodotus. It was at the most a province influenced by first Celts, then Greeks and Romans.
Albanian language does not possess a common root with neither of the groups in the territory n to even greek. The latin words in its vocabulary are simply adoptions from nearby inevitably more influential neighbors. Similar can be observed in Hungarian and Serbo Croatian. By sound Albanian sounds more slavic (Georgian). Incidently only the cultures of the Caucaus and Albanian have a trait of "dancing with swords" in their folklore.
Furthermore, as for the reference to the bird. The word pronounced as 'ship tar' has nothing to do with a bird. Great Albania called "Squipria Mole" means "Great Mountain". Shiptar simply means "hillbilly", which is why they are heavily offended if an outsider called them that. One of you guys can try it with your neighbor and see how it goes. Mountain, is also a reference for a country or nation specific to asian cultures.
To sum it up, Albanians came to todays borders with Ottoman Turks. One of you guys mentioned the term 'arnaut' was used for them in turkish language. In Turkish 'arnaut' means argonaut. "Those who never came back home."
0 Replies