Fu@ked By Bush Again

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 02:09 pm
Scrat thank you for the personal attack, I have been laboring under the impression that I'm just a regular guy who realizes that the Bush administration is full of criminals, an opinion that is shared by many and that I'm entitled to.

I actually am a pretty happy guy, but you of course may choose to believe otherwise especially when you so obviously need to shore up the belief that you have the moral highground. Bon appetit, I'm here to serve.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 02:13 pm
In that case, BPB, i'd like a cheeseburger, medium rare, hash brown potatoes (you know, the shredded ones?) a tall Dr. Pepper . . . oh, and a regime change in Washington . . . 'k?
0 Replies

Scrat

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 02:15 pm
BPB - I was out of line. I don't know you and wrote what I did based purely on what I see you write here, but that's clearly not enough information to make the kind of statements I made. (I would not want to be judged purely by what I write here either.) I'm deleting the comments now, and will work harder to keep on topic and away from personal comments.

Nobody's perfect. :wink:

Regards,
Scrat
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 02:27 pm
Setanta wrote:
In that case, BPB, i'd like a cheeseburger, medium rare, hash brown potatoes (you know, the shredded ones?) a tall Dr. Pepper . . . oh, and a regime change in Washington . . . 'k?

Would you like to super-size that? You can topple five governors of your own choosing for an extra thirty-nine cents.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 02:29 pm
hmmmmm, 39 cents, hmmmmmmmmmmmm . . .
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 03:12 pm
patiodog, My order's in - for .39c, that's the best bargain I've seen in years. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 05:56 pm
Scrat wrote:
BPB - I was out of line. I don't know you and wrote what I did based purely on what I see you write here, but that's clearly not enough information to make the kind of statements I made. (I would not want to be judged purely by what I write here either.) I'm deleting the comments now, and will work harder to keep on topic and away from personal comments.

Nobody's perfect. :wink:

Regards,
Scrat

Somebody apologized! Somebody ... apologized, with great politeness and civility. If I may be plain and direct, my respect and admiration for Scrat just went up a very large notch. I'm saving his words in my collection of templates, for future use myself, as needed.

CodeBorg wrote:
... to drastically reduce the oil industry what would have to happen?

1) How much solar, wind, and geothermal hardware would it take
to power all automobiles and electric grid requirements
(assuming fuel cells are already 100% in place)?

2) How much new knowledge and technology needs to be developed first?

Question Anyone have an idea what the cost and timeframe would be for those two steps?
Are we talking $20B? $200B? $2,000B? 40 years out? 80?

THAT'S what it would take to get GW's Oil Inc. off the streets and out of our lives, regardless of the political situation.

I'm still hunting and researching the cost estimates and strategies involved.
Any ideaas where to look, or what other technologies may be involved?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 06:05 pm
Ya forgot nuke power. c.i.
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 08:23 pm
Could that be the Ultimate Solution, clean, safe, renewable, usable for a thousand years, yadda, yadda?

Or would it be yet another stepping stone,
thrown out and replaced as soon as we can?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 08:27 pm
Nukes and fossil fuels seem the only energy sources sufficiently dense (to coin a phrase) enough to supply industrial needs, so I'm holding my breath for hydrogen fusion, and have been for thirty years. But, we digress. . . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 08:33 pm
Hydrogen is like solar, in the respect that no corporation could corner the market, or divvy it up within a cartel--it's available to everyone. You'll not see any development money in an area in which the resources are so readily available, and offer no exclusivity . . .
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 10:00 pm
I'd like to make a few points, please.

1. The cost of producing enough hydrogen to power all the vehicles in the U.S. would be enormous. But at least that money would stay in the USA, and not go to our Middle East OPEC friends.

2. I agree that fusion power is our best long term option. Ever since I first heard of fusion power back in the early '70s, it's always been "thirty years in the future". I suspect if it was funded with 10% of the cost of our recent war in Iraq, we could have the first pilot plant up and running in five years.

3. BPB - I'll see your nickel and raise you a dime. It just isn't this current administration that's full of crooks. By it's very nature, EVERY government is full of crooks. That's why the Founding Fathers gave us a Constitution that hamstringed the power of the Federal Government. It's a damn shame that we the people let the Government grab the power back over the last 100 years or so.
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 10:35 pm
The energy industry is effecting so many things in politics, business, freedom, civil liberties, the economny, war and peace, ... that I'm considering making a career in pursuing the Ultimate Solution. It sure is a noble cause, and would simplify all this crap we go through.

I've read if 5% of Australia were covered in solar panels, that would enough for them. No one could blackmail them with oil anymore. So I consider starting a business to sell solar technology, just to learn about it and get people using it.

I've read if the money spent on the Iraqi War was spent building wind farms (thousands of them) it would have made a significant dent on our energy needs. So I'd love to get a job actually doing that.

I've read hydrogen fusion is the ultimate clean cheap power. But the technology of containing a burning sun is really tricky, could take decades. If I could help resolve that technology, then maybe the natural course of events would put Bush-type people out of business, not now, but sooner.

I don't care about industry not supporting it, or special interests not wanting it, governments getting in the way. The best solution will ultimately overcome all that resistance, sooner or later, through one fight or another.

I just want to be on the winning side, stop all the political BS, and get on with it. Every hour we spend complaining about the bad guys, is an hour not spent on the solution.

Still researching...

-----
Freedom is not a right, but a result. It only occurs when one fights for it every single day.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 10:46 pm
CodeBorg, YOu have my 100 percent moral support. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 02:46 am
Scrat apology accepted. Incident forgotten.

Sentanta how 'bout a complimentary Dixie Chicks cd and Bull Durham dvd to go with that regime change? They're on special to good customers.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 02:49 am
It's a done deal, Boss, and timely, too . . . i'm gittin' hongry . . .
0 Replies