ISRAEL - IRAN - SYRIA - HAMAS - HEZBOLLAH - WWWIII?

revel

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 02:34 pm
Three Strikes

Quote:
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 03:37 pm
Uri Avnery

Junkies of War http://zope.gush-shalom.org/home/en/channels/avnery/1154819859
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 03:50 pm
I enjoyed reading about the suit by Morocco. I wonder what is Morocco's standing in court inasmuch it is not Lebanon. Further, I fear for the USA. Morocco may name MacNamara a Moroccan, and sue us for damage to Nam.

Blue, when Hez kidnapped the two soldiers, it executed, with a bullet to the head, an Israeli bystander. Is that a violation of international law? What about its indiscriminate rocketing of Israel? Certainly, a lawsuit by Israel is in order. The Lebanese ambassador to the UN said there is no difference between a member of Hez and a citizen of Lebanon.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 03:55 pm
Israel is fighting its enemies for its survival!

Hezbollah is Israel's enemy!

Lebanon is Hezbollah's ally!

Syria is Hezbollah's ally!

Iran is Hezbollah's ally!

Allies of your enemy are also your enemy!
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 04:15 pm
Advocate, the capture of the 2 soldiers and the shooting of an innocent bystander? Israel too has prisoners. Many charged with no crime. Many hundreds under 18. Many innocent bystanders are killed by Israel. Many, many. Many children. But all that aside Israel's reaction to the capture of 2 soldiers is a humongous case of overkill. An eye for an eye it aint. It's a collective punishment and a clear crime against humanity in international law. What Israel has done in Lebabnon cannot be excused as retaliation for the capture. I say the catalyst for this war and the war in Gaza was a press conference called by a group of religious leaders called the Jerusalem Peacemakers. A press conference where 2 Hamas government leaders were to announce Hamas acceptence of a 2 state solution using 1967 borders. Israel was well aware of this press conference and stopped the Hamas leaders enroute warning them not to attend. They later were arrested and the press conference canceled. What has panicked Israel and the PNAC Bushie's too is that Hamas first won a fair democratic election and then moderated their position towards acceptence of a 2 state solution and negotiations. That moderation gums up the PNAC blueprint for domination spelled out in their writings "Rebuilding America's Defenses". To me the Israeli actions to destroy that press conference proves their fear of Hamas moderating their position and willingness to accept a state of Israel side by side with a state of Palestine. It is Israel who is against a 2 state solution.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 04:17 pm
Jerusalem Peacemakers http://www.jerusalempeacemakers.org/home.html
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 04:28 pm
ican711nm

Quote:

We're Israel's ally, right ?

Does that mean Iran - Iraq - Syria - Most of the Arab Nations are America's enemy ?
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 04:50 pm
Birth Pangs of a New Christian Zionism
Max Blumenthal

Over the past months, the White House has convened a series of off-the-record meetings about its policies in the Middle East with leaders of Christians United for Israel (CUFI), a newly formed political organization that tells its members that supporting Israel's expansionist policies is "a biblical imperative." CUFI's Washington lobbyist, David Brog, told me that during the meetings, CUFI representatives pressed White House officials to adopt a more confrontational posture toward Iran, refuse aid to the Palestinians and give Israel a free hand as it ramped up its military conflict with Hezbollah.

The White House instructed Brog not to reveal the names of officials he met with, Brog said.

CUFI's advice to the Bush Administration reflects the Armageddon-based foreign-policy views of its founder, John Hagee. Hagee is a fire-and-brimstone preacher from San Antonio who commands the nearly 18,000-member Cornerstone Church and hosts a major TV ministry where he explains to millions of viewers how the end times will unfold. He is also the author of numerous bestselling pulp-prophecy books, like his recent Jerusalem Countdown, in which he cites various unnamed Israeli intelligence sources to claim that Iran is producing nuclear "suitcase bombs." The only way to defeat the Iranian evildoers, he says, is a full-scale military assault.

"The coming nuclear showdown with Iran is a certainty," Hagee wrote this year in the Pentecostal magazine Charisma. "Israel and America must confront Iran's nuclear ability and willingness to destroy Israel with nuclear weapons. For Israel to wait is to risk committing national suicide."

http://www.rawstory.com/showoutarticle.php?src=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thenation.com%2Fdoc%2F20060814%2Fnew_christian_zionism
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 05:08 pm
Blue, you know full well that Israel's actions in Lebanon involves much more than the two soldiers and the bystander (as well as the killing of other soldiers at the time). It is about periodic rocketing of Israel over about 20 years, as well as Hez's suicide bombers. Israel wants this stopped once and for all, as would any other country under such attack.

Also, I don't think you really believe that Hamas is serious about a two-state solution. Its demand for a right of return for millions of Palestinians is a poison pill -- it would lead to the demise of Israel.

In land for peace, Israel pulled out of Lebanon and Gaza. In return, the Arabs kidnapped and killed.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 06:16 pm
freedom4free wrote:
ican711nm

Quote:

We're Israel's ally, right ?

Does that mean Iran - Iraq - Syria - Most of the Arab Nations are America's enemy ?

Read my post again.

If we were actually Israel's ally in this war with Hezbollah et al, that would mean America is Lebanon's & Syria's & Iran's enemy as well as Israel.

Currently, while Lebanon & Syria & Iran are not America's enemy, America is probably Lebanon's & Syria's & Iran's enemy.

Read my previous post again.
ican711nm wrote:
Israel is fighting its enemies for its survival!

Hezbollah is Israel's enemy!

Lebanon is Hezbollah's ally!

Syria is Hezbollah's ally!

Iran is Hezbollah's ally!

0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 06:20 pm
ican, every day in every way you remind me more and more of Milton Berle crossed with Ernie Kovacs. Did you ever do stage work?
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 06:56 pm
dyslexia wrote:
ican, every day in every way you remind me more and more of Milton Berle crossed with Ernie Kovacs. Did you ever do stage work?

Yes, in grade school. How about you? You appear to have much in common with the Marx brothers. Is that by coincidence or by training?
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 07:48 pm
Advocate, I most certainly do believe Hamas is still interested in a 2 state solution. I dont believe for a minute that the leaders of Israel do want that at all. I do believe most Israelis strongly desire a 2 state solution. Here's a quote from the Christian/Zionist article I posted. Imo this is the thinking of those Americans and Israelis driving the wars in Iraq and Lebanon and soon to be Syria and Iraq. "Hagee has told his supporters that supporting Israel is a "biblical imperative," and proudly pronounces his belief that Israel is the future site of the Rapture. Hagee has even reveled in events that most Israelis would describe as tragic. For instance, in his 1996 book The Beginning of the End, Hagee described the murder of Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin as fulfillment of prophecy and suggested admiration for Rabin's assassin, Yigal Amir.

Imagining Amir's mindset as he prepared himself to kill Rabin, Hagee wrote, "Tonight, if God was good, an opportunity would show itself. No longer would Rabin be able to transfer Israeli lands to Palestinians. The damage he'd done in the West Bank and Gaza was enough. Israel had a divine right to the land, and to give it away was an act of treason against Israel and an abomination against God." Absolute insanity.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 07:52 pm
Canadian Free Press pundit excoriates pinko/slammonazi media efforts in Lebanon:

http://www.canadafreepress.com/2006/burtis080806.htm

Reuters it seems, fresh from two expeditions into the realm of bullshit which would get it shut down in a righteous world, has now told the world about the IAF strafing a funeral procession.

Like I say, ten years ago nobody had ways to check on such things and the Dan Rathers of the world ruled unchallenged.

It's kind of what they say about cars and houses, i.e. they don't make cars or houses the way they used to, thank God.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 07:56 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
Advocate, I most certainly do believe Hamas is still interested in a 2 state solution....

They've been offered a two-state solution more than once, including upwards of 90% of everything they'd ever publically asked for and Arafart's advisers even told him to take the deal offered him in 2000. He refused because he assumed the lunatics amongst his people would kill him if he took it.

"Palestinians" basically need to be put somewhere where they cannot hurt other people. One of those islands we were using for H-bomb tests in the 50s would probably be ideal.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 07:56 pm
The views of radical Christians are of no import.

Begin, Rabin, and Barak fought to have separate states. Barak almost pulled it off at Camp David, where Arafat was offered 95 % of what his side wanted. Arafat, without a counter offer or even informing his people, rejected the offer. He said that acceptance would mean his death. This is what Israel is facing. I don't think anyone shares your view that Hamas is really interested in living at peace with an Israel. Israel pulls back from Gaza and is rewarded with suicide bombers, a kidnapping, and rockets.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 08:11 pm
When Hamas won a fair and democratic election the hard liners in America and Israel went nuts. They attacked Hamas in every way they could. Yet Hamas moderated their position. They did express a willingness to accept a 2 state solution using the 1967 borders as a start of negotiations. They worked with credible and accomplished religious leaders and although Israel was aware of meetings they not only did not join in they squashed the announcement. The day after the planned press conference was squashed by Israel a Palestinian family was killed on a beach in Gaza. The message was delivered. It was then soldiers were kidnapped and that against the will of the elected government of Hamas. Israel is doing all she can to destroy any hope of peace and still peace is offered. Bushie is pushing for the destruction of Damascus. That's my opinion and it's based on current events of just the last several months and the rabid writings of the Christian Zionists. And of course the blueprint of the PNAC Rebuilding America's Defenses. "SHIN BET VETOED SECRET ISRAELI-PALESTINIAN PEACE AGREEMENTIsraeli and Palestinian Sources Concur: Israel Made War Inevitable" http://www.uruknet.info/?p=m25159&l=i&size=1&hd=0
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 08:31 pm
Israeli gunboats hit Palestinian camp By HUSSEIN DAKROUB, Associated Press Writer
Tue Aug 8, 6:58 PM ET

BEIRUT, Lebanon - Israeli gunboats shelled Lebanon's largest Palestinian refugee camp early Wednesday, killing at least one person and wounding three others, Lebanese and Palestinian officials said.

The shelling was the first time Israel attacked the camp since the fighting between the Jewish state and Hezbollah began more than four weeks ago.

Israeli gunboats fired two shells. One landed in the Ein el-Hilweh camp, located on the outskirts of the southern port city of Sidon, and the other slammed into the city's amusement park, the officials said, speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to the media.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 09:52 pm
Imagine the scene... Mexicans have just lobbed 3000 rockets and mortar shells into Texas for no rational reason, i.e. basically out of pure, stupid hatred engendered by some sort of a phony religion.

The $64000 question: what would Mexico look like one day after that ****?

The basic answer:

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB162/nagasaki-1a.jpg

But, everybody here pretty much knew that, didn't they?
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 02:31 am
Surprise! US policy affects arab opinion, against reform

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/09/world/middleeast/09arabs.html?th&emc=th

Now who could have expected that to happen?
0 Replies