ISRAEL - IRAN - SYRIA - HAMAS - HEZBOLLAH - WWWIII?

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 02:18 pm
revel wrote:
Quote:
More on that phony Reuters photo. Note that Reuters is now saying that the photographer who turned it in is the same photographer who provided all those heart wrenching Reuters photos from Qana. It does raise some interesting additional questions doesn't it?

Are you suggesting that all the images that we have seen on TV and other news agencies of Qana are fake because one of the ones from one photographer is bogus? It was more than just Reuters who provided photos from Qana.

It appears that the photographer did fake the photo to make it more dramatic. However, the event actually did take place.

There is a huge difference between an event taking place and the way it is used to generate sympathy from those gullible or whatever leftoids or anti-Israel people in general. And if photographers/reporters are willing to doctor photos to make them more 'dramatic', isn't it reasonable to think it possible that they also sort of doctor the circumstances of the event itself?
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 02:27 pm
Blue, I respect your view that Palestine wants a two-state resolution to the fighting. However, it has a funny way of expressing itself, which is to hit Israel with hundreds of rockets and a number of suicide bombers, and all this after Israel retreated from Gaza. Hamas also says that Israel should be liquidated, although it will admit that Israel exists. It says it might accept Israel if Israel met certain conditions, which include the right of return of millions of Arabs (even though only 700,000, most of whom are not alive, left Israel in 1948). This condition would certainly mean the end of Israel. I assume that you don't make your assertions with a straight face
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 02:31 pm
revel wrote:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41947000/jpg/_41947584_girls_afp.jpg

You know, I really hate to say it, but a lot of what I'm hearing seems to be borne out here...

There's no blood on those two bodies.

Or apparently on any of the others. One claim I'm reading is that the hezbullies just went around to morgues and funeral homes and collected the first 60 bodies of women and kids they could come up with.

Or are you claiming that Count Dracula killed those two and drank all their blood?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 02:35 pm
Well, when you look at photos from Germany after bomb attacks in WII - not all can be fake, the one I own were made privately, by neighbours of my death family members.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 02:37 pm
We're not saying there are no deaths or that the deaths are not tragic. There is plenty of reason to think Hezbollah may be staging death scenes for the benefit of gullible or willing reporter/photographers who then feed them to the gullible anti-Israel public.

Remember, experience teaches them they don't have to win militarily if they are successful winning a propaganda war.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 02:42 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
We're not saying there are no deaths or that the deaths are not tragic. There is plenty of reason to think Hezbollah may be staging death scenes for the benefit of gullible or willing reporter/photographers who then feed them to the gullible anti-Israel public.

Remember, experience teaches them they don't have to win militarily if they are successful winning a propaganda war.

I was responding to this:

gungasnake wrote:

You know, I really hate to say it, but a lot of what I'm hearing seems to be borne out here...

Or apparently on any of the others. One claim I'm reading is that the hezbullies just went around to morgues and funeral homes and collected the first 60 bodies of women and kids they could come up with.

Or are you claiming that Count Dracula killed those two and drank all their blood?

I have photos of the six deaths in my grandfathers home, where those look similar, especially the baby.
There weren't taken from some other place there - at least not to what is known and could be documentated.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 02:47 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:

I was responding to this:

gungasnake wrote:

I have photos of the six deaths in my grandfathers home, where those look similar, especially the baby.
There weren't taken from some other place there - at least not to what is known and could be documentated.

It may be Walter. I wasn't there. Nor was I in Qana. But I would guess the photos you have of your family were not in color as that was very rare back then. The photos of the Qana children are.
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 03:22 pm
Quote:
Israel ALLOWING Hezbollah rockets to be launched into Israel for PR purposes!

THOMAS RICKS, REPORTER, "THE WASHINGTON POST": I think it will be. But I think civilian casualties are also part of the battlefield play for both sides here. One of the things that is going on, according to some U.S. military analysts, is that Israel purposely has left pockets of Hezbollah rockets in Lebanon, because as long as they're being rocketed, they can continue to have a sort of moral equivalency in their operations in Lebanon.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0608/06/rs.01.html
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 03:38 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
It may be Walter. I wasn't there. Nor was I in Qana. But I would guess the photos you have of your family were not in color as that was very rare back then. The photos of the Qana children are.

Thanks that you at least think it was possible that my relatives died under the bombs. I should be glad that it wasn't a photo in colour.

(However, it was recorded by the Royal Air Force as well. I even saw the documents in the UK ... by crew members of that bomber. The photos were in black&white as well.)
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 03:43 pm
freedom4free wrote:
Quote:

THOMAS RICKS, REPORTER, "THE WASHINGTON POST": I think it will be. But I think civilian casualties are also part of the battlefield play for both sides here. One of the things that is going on, according to some U.S. military analysts, is that Israel purposely has left pockets of Hezbollah rockets in Lebanon, because as long as they're being rocketed, they can continue to have a sort of moral equivalency in their operations in Lebanon.

That's one of the most stupid, unethical, and irresponsible things a U.S. reporter has said yet, and considering how stupid, unethical, and irresponsible so many of them are, that's saying a lot.
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 03:48 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
freedom4free wrote:
Quote:

That's one of the most stupid, unethical, and irresponsible things a U.S. reporter has said yet, and considering how stupid, unethical, and irresponsible so many of them are, that's saying a lot.

You're running out of excuses, that report had just spat in your face. You're basically speechless. You have no idea how dumb you look, pretending to worship 'god's chosen' devils.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

If you would read the Israelian papers, Foxfyre, you would notivce that Israelians ask, too, how it could happen that their airforce knows exactly in what building one certain person is .... but not where the missiles are.
0 Replies

blatham

Foxfyre wrote:

You don't sense how silly this is in its irrelevance?

How many "faked" photos do you suppose might have been produced? And how many real blown-apart Lebanese citizens?

How much time would you spend, in an active war zone, setting up even one staged photo when you simply need to walk a few blocks to find such a scene already waiting?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 03:51 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
If you would read the Israelian papers, Foxfyre, you would notivce that Israelians ask, too, how it could happen that their airforce knows exactly in what building one certain person is .... but not where the missiles are.

I haven't seen that as an issue. They know where the missile launchers are because they're watching and can see them being fired. Where a person is I don't know other than through whatever intelligence they're using. As to where the missiles are, I don't know that either, but what I've seen so far is no different than any other television war we've seen unfolding on our screens.
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 03:52 pm
blatham wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:

How many "faked" photos do you suppose might have been produced? And how many real blown-apart Lebanese citizens?

How much time would you spend, in an active war zone, setting up even one staged photo when you simply need to walk a few blocks to find such a scene already waiting?

You nailed that one. Smile
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 03:54 pm
blatham wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:

You obviously haven't been reading the detailed posts and comments leading up to this conclusion. As for F4F, I'm pretty much ignoring him as he has not posted a credible source yet for any of his anti-Jewish, anti-Israel screeds.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 03:56 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Walter Hinteler wrote:

I haven't seen that as an issue. They know where the missile launchers are because they're watching and can see them being fired. Where a person is I don't know other than through whatever intelligence they're using. As to where the missiles are, I don't know that either, but what I've seen so far is no different than any other television war we've seen unfolding on our screens.

My objection to this kind of reporting is it flames the Israelis based on nothing more than speculation. If the reporter is going to report something like this, he damn sure should back it up with more than 'that's what the military authorities tell me.' What military authorities? It is irresponsible and, if not true, damning as anti-Semitic, anti-Israel, and pro-Hezbollah. This particular reporter has been pretty consistently anti-American in most of his stuff, however, so I'm not surprised that he would be anti-Israeli too.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 04:10 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
blatham wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:

You obviously haven't been reading the detailed posts and comments leading up to this conclusion. As for F4F, I'm pretty much ignoring him as he has not posted a credible source yet for any of his anti-Jewish, anti-Israel screeds.

Time presses. But there's no commentary or fact which negates the irrelevance of your point. You could fake a photo of someone leaping from the WTC and then publish it. How would that diminish the real and too horrid to imagine instances of same?

Go ahead and say that Hezbollah propagandizes. That's good information for everyone to have, so long as it is credible (which much will be). But don't use that fact to minimize the reality of so many blown apart humans.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 04:13 pm
freedom4free wrote:
Israel pushing toward WWIII

August 6, 2006

It is beyond my moral imagination why our U.S. Congress and our five Iowa congressmen have given almost 100 percent approval in what Israel is doing to Lebanon and the Palestinians, all because of three captured Israeli soldiers.

Why do the Zionists believe they are God's chosen people, and do what they are doing? Israel has made refugees out of two-thirds of the Palestinians; they have 10,000 Palestinians in their prisons and won't release them.

The radical Hamas and Hezbollah organizations did not come into existence until Israel began its land expansion. Now Israel has created 700,000 more refugees in Lebanon.

The prophets of justice and peace need to rise up and be heard at this time. I don't want my tax dollars going to Israel and supporting this Zionist, military action.

May God help us Americans to see what is morally right in the Middle East, or Israel will be leading us into a Third World War.

- Darrell V. Mitchell,

Marshalltown.

freedom4free, please define morallly right in the following context:

Anabbreviated chronology of the land called Palestine (years are approximate). The Encyclopedia Britannica, "Palestine", is the source.[/I][/b]

Quote:
1400 BC:Eqypt conquers Palestine
1300 BC:First Israelite Culture.
1100 BC:First Philistine Culture (Philistra, evolved to the name Palestine).
Jews start ruling part of Palestine
1000 BC:Saul King of Israel (all Palestine except Philistra and Phoenicia).
950 BC:Solomon King of Israel.
721 BC:Israel Destroyed, but Judaea Continued.
516 BC:2nd Temple in Judaea.
333 BC:The Greek, Alexander the Great Conquers Palestine.
Jews stop ruling part of Palestine.
161 BC:Maccabaen Maximum Expansion of Judaea to All Palestine Plus.
Jews start ruling Palestine.
135 BC:Maccabaen Maximum Expansion Ends.
40 BC:The Roman, Herod Conquers Palestine.
73 AD:Fall of Jerusalem and all resistance ceases.
Jews stop ruling part of Palestine.
638 AD:Arabs take Jerusalem.
Arabs start ruling part of Palestine.
1099 AD:Crusaders take Palestine.
Arabs stop ruling part of Palestine.
1187 AD:Saladin Takes Palestine.
1229 AD:Saladin/Crusader Treaty.
1244 AD:Turks Take Palestine.
1516 AD:Ottoman Empire Begins Governing Palestine.
1831 AD:Egypt Conquers Palestine.
1841 AD:Ottoman Empire Again Conquers Palestine.
1915 AD:British Ambassador Promises Palestine to Arabs.
1917 AD:British Foreign Minister Balfour Promises Palestine to Zionists.
1918 AD:Ottoman Empire Ends Control of Palestine.
1918 AD:British Protectorate of Palestine Begins.
1920 AD:5 Jews killed 200 wounded in anti-zionist riots in Palestine.
1921 AD:46 Jews killed 146 wounded in anti-zionist riots in Palestine.
1929 AD:133 Jews killed 339 wounded
1929 AD:116 Arabs killed 232 wounded.
1936,38,39 AD:329 Jews killed 857 wounded
------------------3,112 Arabs killed 1,775 wounded
--------------------135 Brits killed 386 wounded.
--------------------110 Arabs hanged 5,679 jailed.
1947 AD:UN resolution partitions Palestine into a Jewish and an Arab State.
1948 AD:Civil war breaks out between Jews and Arabs.
1948 AD:State of Israel conquers part of Palestine.
Jews start ruling part of Palestine;
Arabs start ruling part of Palestine.

NOW

The arabs do not own all of Palestine.

The jews do not own all of Palestine.

But the arabs think they own all of Palestine. Why?

But the jews do not think they own all of Palestine. Why?

The arabs think they are morally right to murder jews in order for the arabs to rule all of Palestine.

The jews think they are morally right to intentionally kill (i.e., murder) arabs, and their accomplices, who are murdering and attempting to murder them, in order for the jews to rule part of Palestine.

PREVIOUSLY

He who initiated murder WAS guilty of a crime. He WAS normally called the murderer or perpetrator, or perp.

He who aided or abetted a murderer WAS guilty of a crime. He WAS normally called an accomplice.

He who WAS murdered WAS not guilty of a crime. He WAS normally called the deceased or victim or corpse.

He who WAS threatened to to be murdered by those who initiate murder, WAS normally called the potential victim. He WAS not guilty of a crime when he defended himself by intentionally killing (i.e., murdering) those who would initiate his murder or were accomplices to his murder. He WAS normally called a self-defender or hero.

He who aided or abetted a self-defender WAS not guilty of a crime. HE was normally called a rescuer or a hero.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 04:22 pm
blatham wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
blatham wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:

Time presses. But there's no commentary or fact which negates the irrelevance of your point. You could fake a photo of someone leaping from the WTC and then publish it. How would that diminish the real and too horrid to imagine instances of same?

Go ahead and say that Hezbollah propagandizes. That's good information for everyone to have, so long as it is credible (which much will be). But don't use that fact to minimize the reality of so many blown apart humans.

I have not minimized any reality at all. Nor do I object to real photos of real circumstances so long as same do not provide useful information that the bad guys can use to create more carnage. If you've been following my posts at all, you know full well that I hate war, I hate fighting and bombing people, and there is no way to say that war is not unconscionably immoral whenever it is wage.

But if you're going to pick a side, at least pick the one that is defending itself from unprovoked aggression. And don't condemn that side if it manages to fight more effectively than the aggressor. And don't fall for manufactured propaganda that causes the gullible to take the wrong side. And when reporting a war, you don't report theories and innuendo and speculation that provides aid and comfort and/or useful information to the aggressor.
0 Replies