ISRAEL - IRAN - SYRIA - HAMAS - HEZBOLLAH - WWWIII?

georgeob1

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2009 08:49 am
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

My statements are really deserved when it comes to George. He has no hesitation to post any lies and one-sided attacks on Israel. For instance, that Hamas fired thousands of rockets at Israel is of no moment. The magnitude of his attacks on Israel translate into a hatred of not only Israel, but of Jews in general. This is the typical MO of anti-Semites.

Was that your ultimate rhetorical weapon ? If so it fizzled.

As a point of fact, I have never said the Hamas (and other) rocket attacks on Israel were of no importance -- never ! I have, however, noted that over the past 40 years Israel has inflicted far more damage on their Palestinian subjects & neighbors than have Hamas and their predecessors. Do you dispute this readily verifiable fact?

Advocate insists that anyone who opposes the idea that Israel can continue to displace local populations and do whatever else it wishes to ensure its continued growth and existence as a Jewish state in a land with a decidedly mixed population, which actively resists its displacement and loss of political rights and property, is necessarily an anti Semite.

Apart from the nonsensical choice of words (both of the peoples involved in this tragic struggle are Semitic), this is merely empty rhetoric and posturing on the part of one whose arguments are exhausted and gross hypocrisy has been thoroughly exposed.

Advocate

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2009 08:59 am
@georgeob1,
George said: "Apart from the nonsensical choice of words (both of the peoples involved in this tragic struggle are Semitic), this is merely empty rhetoric and posturing on the part of one whose arguments are exhausted and gross hypocrisy has been thoroughly exposed."

The stupid, or desperate seem to always resort to childish semantics. I suggest you check "anti-Semite" in the dictionary.

Israel never laid a finger on the WB and Gaza, despite hundreds of attacks, until the '67 war, when it took control of those areas to stop the incessant attacks. As you well know, Israel is a multi-cultural country. As for its security efforts in the WB and Gaza, this is the fault of the Pals who will not accept Israel as a country, and who constantly attack it.

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2009 09:56 am
@Advocate,
Advocate, You keep falling back on two idiotic excuses for the apartheid treatment of Palestinians; 1) Palestinians will not recognize Israel, and 2) we are all anti-Semites.

How does anyone recognize a country that doesn't provide equal rights, and their lands stolen at will and without legal ramifications? Do you know how the population of Jews increased and the population of Palestinians decreased since 1967? Do you understand the land laws of Israel?

Pathetic!
Advocate

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2009 11:09 am
@cicerone imposter,
Please tell me about how the Pal population decreased since the '67 war. My understanding is that the population has soared.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2009 11:36 am
@Advocate,
http://domino.un.org/UNISPAL.NSF/796f8bc05ec4f30885256cef0073cf3a/7a33d0cf052d2c19852560de005649f3!OpenDocument

Taken from: http://www.country-data.com/frd/cs/israel/il_appen.html#table2
At the end of October 1987, according to the Central Bureau of Statistics, the population of Israel was 4,389,600, of which 3,601,200 (82 percent) were Jews. About 27 percent of the world's Jews lived in Israel. About 605,765 (13.8 percent) of the population of Israel were Muslims, 100,960 (2.3 percent) were Christians, and about 74,623 (1.7 percent) were Druzes and others. At the end of 1986 the population was growing at a rate of 1.3 percent for Jews, 3.0 percent for Muslims, 1.5 percent for Christians, and 2.8 percent for Druzes and others.

A significant group entering Israel since 1965 has been Soviet Jews, of whom approximately 174,000 immigrated between 1965 and 1986. In the most recent period for which data existed in 1988, the period from 1983 through 1986, immigration contributed only a little more than 6 percent to a much diminished average annual growth rate of 1.5 percent (see table 2, Appendix A).

Table 2. Sources of Jewish Population Growth, 1948-86
(in thousands)

Population at beginning of period
1961-71....1,911.2
1972- 82....2,662.0
1983-86....3,363.8

Natural increase
1961-71....412.9
1972- 82....523.3
1983-86....198.4

Immigration
1961-71....337.9
1972- 82....178.5
1983-86....13.4

Total population growth
1961-71....750.8
1972- 82....701.8
1983-86....211.8

Annual percentage increase
1961-71....3.0
1972-82....2.1
1983-86....1.5

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2009 12:05 pm
@cicerone imposter,
http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/Archive/Communiques/1998/POPULATION%20OF%20ISRAEL-%20GENERAL%20TRENDS%20AND%20INDICATOR

Population Trends: 1948-1993

In early 1994, Israel had a population of approximately 5.3 million: 81.5% Jewish, 14.1% Muslim, 2.7% Christian, and 1.7% Druse and other (Table 1). The main factor in population growth is Jewish immigration from all over the world (Figures 1 and 2). In 1948-51, 687,000 immigrants reached Israel's shores. Most were survivors of Nazi extermination camps in Europe and members of entire communities that immigrated from the Arab countries in Asia and North Africa.

This mass immigration doubled Israel's population within less than four years. Smaller but no less important immigration waves arrived in 1955-57, 1961-64, and 1969-74. The population growth increment in these years was in the range of 30-45 per thousand, of which 35-50% was due to the migration balance. The influx of immigrants was much slower at other times and in 1974 settled to a nadir that lasted until the great awakening of 1990-93, when hundreds of thousands of Jews came from the former Soviet Union. This immigration, coupled with stability in natural increase, caused the population growth rate to increase from 17 per thousand in the 1980s, of which immigration contributed only 6%, to 40 per thousand on annual average in 1990-93, two-thirds of it due to the positive migration balance.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2009 12:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Thanks for admitting you are wrong. Your own figures show that the Arab population is increasing at a rate of 3 %, vs. a Jewish increase 1.3 %. I might add that the population of Pals outside Israel has soared.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2009 12:37 pm
@Advocate,
Where did I admit I was wrong? You still can't see that the Jewish population increased through immigration while they displaced the Palestinians from their lands.

You are a hopeless case of bigotry against the Arabs of Israel.

Those Palestinian populations outside Israel soared, because they were displaced by Israel's wars and stealing of their property.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2009 12:39 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate is right on this point. The Israelis are having as much difficulty exterminating the Palestinians as did the Nazis the Jews of Europe. Oppressed peoples tend to have high birth rates.

Given these demographics, I wonder just how Advocate imagines the Israelis will be able to prevail in the long run.
ican711nm

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2009 12:42 pm
@Advocate,
The Israelis know they would in effect be committing suicide if they were to agree to a single state solution in Palestine with a majority of Arabs. They know that while the general Arab population may be little threat to their existence, they also know that this general population of Arabs will do nothing to confront those Arabs in Palestine determined to rid Palestine of Israel and all its Jews.

The Israelis have only these choices:
(1) accept the status quo: that is, when fired upon fire back; and increase their habitation of land granted the Palestinian Arabs by the UN and stolen by Israel;
(2) accept both a single state solution containing a majority of Arabs, and its consequences;
(3) accept the fact that to stay in Palestine without danger to their exictence, by Palestinian Arabs they must exterminate all the Arabs in Palestine;
(4) accept the fact that if none of the previous alternatives are acceptable, they must flee Palestine.
Advocate

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2009 04:14 pm
@georgeob1,
BS! Muslims have a high birthrate wherever they are, including the USA.

Some extermination! Israel has killed all of 10,000 Pals since the country was founded. I guess Israelis are not very good at extermination. The USA killed over three million in Nam.
Advocate

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2009 04:18 pm
@ican711nm,
One proposal that has a lot of merit is to partition the state of Israel, giving away the land occupied by the Pal-Israelis. The latter have shown their disdain for their country, as well as their disloyalty. Israel would be well rid of them.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2009 04:18 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate, You're confusing total population and percentages when you compare Vietnam to Israel.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2009 04:20 pm
@Advocate,
Your true colors are showing; the ultimate goal of "Israel be well rid of them."

Bigots.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2009 04:40 pm
@Advocate,
I disagree. The Israeli Pals are not a problem beyond the usual criminals that also exist among the Israeli Jews. In both cases, these criminals are either killed in the act of perpetrating a crime, or are arrested, indicted, convicted, and jailed or executed. I expect the Israeli Pals would quickly become a problem, and join the non-Israeli Pals who are, or will be, mass-murdering Jews, if they were to be removed from the protection of Israel.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2009 05:15 pm
@ican711nm,
You are a very sick person, and belong in an institution for the insane.
ican711nm

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2009 06:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter, the shocking irrational, wrote:
You are a very sick person, and belong in an institution for the insane.

~~ ~ !???! ~ ~~
~~~ (O|O) ~~~
....~~ ( O ) ~~....

0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2009 07:07 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Advocate wrote:

My statements are really deserved when it comes to George. He has no hesitation to post any lies and one-sided attacks on Israel. For instance, that Hamas fired thousands of rockets at Israel is of no moment. The magnitude of his attacks on Israel translate into a hatred of not only Israel, but of Jews in general. This is the typical MO of anti-Semites.

Was that your ultimate rhetorical weapon ? If so it fizzled.

As a point of fact, I have never said the Hamas (and other) rocket attacks on Israel were of no importance -- never ! I have, however, noted that over the past 40 years Israel has inflicted far more damage on their Palestinian subjects & neighbors than have Hamas and their predecessors. Do you dispute this readily verifiable fact?

Advocate insists that anyone who opposes the idea that Israel can continue to displace local populations and do whatever else it wishes to ensure its continued growth and existence as a Jewish state in a land with a decidedly mixed population, which actively resists its displacement and loss of political rights and property, is necessarily an anti Semite.

Apart from the nonsensical choice of words (both of the peoples involved in this tragic struggle are Semitic), this is merely empty rhetoric and posturing on the part of one whose arguments are exhausted and gross hypocrisy has been thoroughly exposed.

Attempting to assign the present day ad-hominem of anti-Semite is a red-herring, I believe. The reality is, in my opinion, that there are those that are very pro-Israel, and those that are very pro-Palestinean (not necessarily pro-Arab). Sort of like the fans for any World Series.

What is interesting in reading George's posts, in my opinion, is that while I do not seem to discern a pro-Palestinean position, I do seem to discern a continued critical eye towards Israel. Now this does not make him an anti-Semite. But, it does put him, I believe, in the separate category of one who does not seem to be either pro-Palestinean, nor pro-Israel. Just critical of Israel, it seems to me. Now that is not an anti-Semite. How would I know how George feels about Jews?

But, since so many of the Middle East news fans (another baseball reference) do take sides, and wear their rally caps, so to speak, whenever news comes out of the Israel/Gaza ballfield, I do scratch my head as to what George's feelings are based on?

Perhaps, without his specific education, I do not see the world as he does. But then again, many must not either, since so many are choosing sides. They are pro-Israel, or pro-Palestinean, and therefore anti the other side. George does not seem to be pro-either side, only a critic of Israel.

So, I wish George can share with readers what motivates his concerns regarding Israel? I am guessing, but perhaps, he sees his viewpoint as not a subjective viewpoint, but an objective viewpoint, based on a lifelong belief in certain moral/ethical/religious teachings? I hope he never therefore had a moral/ethical dilemma when he served the nation, since his morals and ethics appear to me, in my opinion, to be so highly refined.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2009 07:51 pm
@Foofie,
It's not about choosing sides; it's about equal rights to property and treatment.
It's about discrimination against the occupied citizens of a country; now a minority.

It doesn't matter whether the minority discriminated against are black, brown, red, white or yellow. It's about who's doing the discriminating, and who suffers from it.
ican711nm

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2009 07:58 pm
@Foofie,
I'm going to dare guess what motivates georgeob1's positions on Israel.

HE THINKS:
(1) The UN failed to have adequate justification for recommending a two-state Palestine in response to the British request to recommend something for what should be done about Palestine after the British leave.

(2) Once the two-state solution was established, the Israeli Jews had no acceptable justification for why Israel should be a Jewish state.

(3) Once the two-state solution was established, the Israeli Jews had no acceptable justification for subsequently stealing land recommended by the UN for the Palestinian Arabs.

(4) Once the two-state solution was established, the Israeli Jews had no acceptable justification for responding to the Palestinian Arabs killing Jews in Israel, by killing far more Palestinian Arabs than the Palestinian Arabs killed Jews in Israel.

(5) The failure of the Jews to accept a one-state Arab-Jew integrated solution for Palestine caused all their troubles with the Palestinian Arabs.

0 Replies