ISRAEL - IRAN - SYRIA - HAMAS - HEZBOLLAH - WWWIII?

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 03:09 pm
Advocate wrote:
Fox, I think Set will bring that up the rest of your life.

Hez pretty quickly began launching their rockets. Lebanon sat back and did nothing while Hez accumulated and placed thousands of rockets.

I know that Advocate. And you know that. But some really don't want to acknowledge that rockets were even a factor in the war.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 03:12 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Already answered, Setanta. Did you lose the coupon for that remedial reading school we recommended?

You're the one with obvious reading comprehension problems. I didn't ask you what your ill-informed, bigotted opinion was on the matter, i asked for evidence.

Your earliest statement was:

Foxfyre wrote:
The massive military action was the direct result of Hezbollah launching thousands of Syrian/Iranian furnished rockets into Israeli civilian neighborhoods.

You provided not evidence for that statement. Your attempt to dodge OE's question was to claim that a couple of air raids was not massive military action. Ask the survivors of the dead Lebanese if they considered that massive or not. But that's hardly the point, the point is that you have provided no evidence.

Next you write:

Foxfyre wrote:
The latest reports are that Hezbollah launched up to 4000 rockets in all from mid July to the cease fire. I did not say that they were all launched prior to Israel's counter attack on Lebanon. But the rockets did start hitting Israel before Israel initiated air strikes and continued right up to the cease fire.

Now, leaving aside the fact that no sufficient distinction is made as to when massive military action was initiated by the Israelis, and that no one here has any good reason to take your word for that, especially given your track record for vague, unsupported statements and outright false statements--you have established no time line to let us know if, in fact at least two thousand of those alleged four thousand were fired at Israel before massive military action on the part of the Israelis.

And at any event, you have provided no evidence that this statement regarding 4,000 rockets is true--so why should we believe you.

Yes, you answered me, but you provided not evidence. Therefore, what is your evidence that Hezbollah launched thousands of rockets before "massive military action?"

Now, of course, you could always just admit that you're making sh!t up, as you so frequently do.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 03:14 pm
If you're going to cherry pick one or two of my quotes, Setanta, post them all. And I think you'll see a very different picture than the one you're presenting as a misrepresentation of what I said.
0 Replies

Hammerstone

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 03:18 pm
blatham - your education in current affairs is somewhat lacking. Please acquaint yourself with the politically-incorrect no-nonsense realities which lie behind what the West's predominantly leftwing media has strived to conceal by omission with regard to the Lebanon situation.

http://www.michnews.com/artman/publish/printer_13676.shtml
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 03:20 pm
You stated that Hezbollah launched thousands of rockets, Fox. You've now said it twice. Specifically, you first alleged they had done so before Israel responded with a "massive" military response.

You haven't provided a shred of evidence for any of these statements. Just the fact that you've posted it doesn't make it so--it does not constitute evidence. It doesn't matter now how you dance and twist, you've made wild statements for which you are, apprently, unable to provide evidence. Until such time, anyone is free to call you, with justification, a liar.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 03:20 pm
Seeing that Israel was established as a country by the the world community, the U.N. specifically, unless people want to overturn that decision, what really is the purpose for even the existence of organizations like Hezbollah? Who authorized Hezbollah anyway? What credibility do they have to exist? They are not a sovereign country, so why are people even negotiating with this bunch of rabble rousers? I vote they be disbanded. If it is really Iran or somebody else doing this stuff under that name, then it is Iran that needs to be called on the carpet for this mess. By the way, where are the soldiers that were kidnapped?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 03:21 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
But some really don't want to acknowledge that rockets were even a factor in the war.

If that is directed at me, then, reluctantly, i must point out once again that you are a liar.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 03:24 pm
Hey, here are some things the IDF did before even the cabinet authorized what it called a "severe" response on the very same day:

- IDF responds to the attacks from Lebanon with heavy artillery and tank fire. Al-Manar television reports that IDF artillery was pounding the fringes of the villages of Aita el-Shaab, Ramieh and Yaroun in the hills east of the coastal border port of Naqoura.

- Israel Air Force jets strike roads, bridges and Hezbollah guerrilla positions in southern Lebanon. Two Lebanese civilians are killed and a Lebanese soldier is wounded in the IAF air strike.

- Israeli troops cross the border to search for the missing soldiers, marking the first incursion into Lebanon since the withdrawal in May 2000.

That is what Ha'aretz reported. If you don't trust them, go on the internet and look for the information, from what you believe is the most credible source, and see if the above information is correct.

Now, I've posted before what Hezbollah did that day. However, it can hardly be said that Israel didn't follow an aggressive course right from the very first moment. Now go and tell me how many rockets had been fired by Hezbollah by that time? Hm? Any information, or just uninformed opinions?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 03:25 pm
it is directed at you only if you are among the 'some'. And you can say til the cows come home that I said Hezbollah fired 4000 rockets before Israel attacked, and you won't be able to to prove it, because I didn't.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 03:26 pm
Hammerstone wrote:
blatham - your education in current affairs is somewhat lacking. Please acquaint yourself with the politically-incorrect no-nonsense realities which lie behind what the West's predominantly leftwing media has strived to conceal by omission with regard to the Lebanon situation.

http://www.michnews.com/artman/publish/printer_13676.shtml

Actually, I get the majority of my data on this situation from Ha'aretz. Perhaps you're understanding is that this Israeli paper is anti-Semitic?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 03:28 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
it is directed at you only if you are among the 'some'. And you can say til the cows come home that I said Hezbollah fired 4000 rockets before Israel attacked, and you won't be able to to prove it, because I didn't.

At no time have i stated that you said Hezbollah fired 4,000 rockets before Israel attacked. I have already quoted what you wrote:

Fox wrote:
The massive military action was the direct result of Hezbollah launching thousands of Syrian/Iranian furnished rockets into Israeli civilian neighborhoods.

Once again, you resort to lies.

Got any evidence yet, Fox, for the contention that, and i quote: " . . . thousands of Syrian/Iranian furnished rockets . . ." ?
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 03:32 pm
I would specifically like to know why heavy artillery and tank fire, air force strikes and an army crossing a border does not constitute "massive military action".
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 03:33 pm
old europe wrote:
Hey, here are some things the IDF did before even the cabinet authorized what it called a "severe" response on the very same day:

- IDF responds to the attacks from Lebanon with heavy artillery and tank fire. Al-Manar television reports that IDF artillery was pounding the fringes of the villages of Aita el-Shaab, Ramieh and Yaroun in the hills east of the coastal border port of Naqoura.

- Israel Air Force jets strike roads, bridges and Hezbollah guerrilla positions in southern Lebanon. Two Lebanese civilians are killed and a Lebanese soldier is wounded in the IAF air strike.

- Israeli troops cross the border to search for the missing soldiers, marking the first incursion into Lebanon since the withdrawal in May 2000.

That is what Ha'aretz reported. If you don't trust them, go on the internet and look for the information, from what you believe is the most credible source, and see if the above information is correct.

Now, I've posted before what Hezbollah did that day. However, it can hardly be said that Israel didn't follow an aggressive course right from the very first moment. Now go and tell me how many rockets had been fired by Hezbollah by that time? Hm? Any information, or just uninformed opinions?

The operative word here is that Israel responded to the attacks from Lebanon. This is the first clue that Israel didn't pick the fight.

I have read a different sequence that Haaratz and others have reported on who did what when however.

1) Lebanon kidnaps the soldiers.
2) Israel enters Lebanon to rescue their soldiers resulting in casualties on both sides.
3) Hezbollah starts firing rockets
4) Israel responds with air strikes
5) Hezbollah keeps firing rockets
6) Israel steadily steps up the air strikes
etc.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 03:36 pm
old europe wrote:
I would specifically like to know why heavy artillery and tank fire, air force strikes and an army crossing a border does not constitute "massive military action".

Oh god, now we're going to have 15 pages of argument over what constitutes 'massive'
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 03:36 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
I have read a different sequence that Haaratz and others have reported on who did what when however.

1) Lebanon kidnaps the soldiers.
2) Israel enters Lebanon to rescue their soldiers resulting in casualties on both sides.
3) Hezbollah starts firing rockets
4) Israel responds with air strikes
5) Hezbollah keeps firing rockets
6) Israel steadily steps up the air strikes
etc.

You have, haven't you? Well, here's my link.

Where did you get your information from?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 03:39 pm
OE and Setanta (who is back on ignore until he can be civil and/or at least read the responses and links already provided), I will refer you to NUMEROUS responses to your answers and NUMEROUS links already provided here on this thread.

Just say you want to believe your source and you won't accept any of mine and we'll get along fine.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 03:40 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
OE and Setanta (who is back on ignore until he can be civil and/or at least read the responses and links already provided), I will refer you to NUMEROUS responses to your answers and NUMEROUS links already provided.

Just say you want to believe your source and you won't accept any of mine and we'll get along fine.

Damned stinking anti-semitic Ha'aretz just don't know what they are talking about. Bad bad source. Naughty source. Go to your room right now, source.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 03:40 pm
You can ignore me if you like. You can call me uncivil if you like. I call it uncivil when you lie about me.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 03:41 pm
I have posted Haaretz sources that provide a different order (and impression) than the one OE posted. So take your pick, but don't just say the others don't exist.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 03:47 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
I have posted Haaretz sources that provide a different order (and impression) than the one OE posted. So take your pick, but don't just say the others don't exist.

I didn't post a specific order, as I couldn't get a specific order of events from the information the Ha'aretz article provided. I must have missed where you linked to an article by Ha'aretz that would support the specific order you provided. This thread has some 222 pages, after all. Maybe you can provide the information again. I'm always interested in what Ha'aretz is writing.
0 Replies