Colonoscopy - what do you know?

roger

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 03:19 pm
Not good, not terrible. Chill it, take a deep breath, and basically chug it. Same prep as for a barium enema, and believe me, the taste is the least of your worries.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 03:56 pm
Irishgal- Don't breathe, and chug it quickly. Follow by a lot of water. A martini it ain't, but it is not really terrible.
0 Replies

Bungy

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 02:35 pm
Wow you guy's I'm quit impressed, I'm just starting day 1 of my prep, I "ve already been through this 6 months ago, they removed a few good size polyps, back for a recheck. The prep (your right) is the worst part of it (phospho soda) yuk Mad
Butt, you do what you gotta do, RIGHT Smile
The procedure itself is nothing, I went home feeling pretty grogy, but that's it. I'm sure my body was thanking me for the cleansing :wink:

So for those of you who haven't gone through it yet, not a BIGGIE Mr. Green
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 02:38 pm
cleansing is a good thing in my opinion
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 02:41 pm
Sorta like a oil change every few thousand miles, heh? LOL
0 Replies

Bungy

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 02:43 pm
Exactlyyyyyy
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 02:45 pm
Hi, Bungy - and welcome to A2K. Better out than in, those polyps! Laughing
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 02:53 pm
Welcome to A2K, Bungy. I'd ask how things are "going" for you, but you can spare the details if you wish. Wink

Orange juice seems to have a similar cleansing effect on me. A few large glasses of it and I'm tooting like Anita Bryant in the Florida OJ commercials.

Glad you and your doctor are keeping up with the polyp harvest inspite of the fertilizer. Smile
0 Replies

Bungy

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 02:55 pm
Thanks Margo Very Happy
I think this sight is great, it sure helps to know there are others going through the same (sh**y) ordeal Drunk

Denise
0 Replies

Bungy

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 03:02 pm
Laughing Thanks Butrflynet

I wish all I had to do was drink orange juice, sounds much better then ginger and lemon soda Shocked
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 03:07 pm
Hi Bungy, WELCOME to A2K. Did you know they are planning a Toronto get together? There are quite a few Canucks on A2K, so you'll feel right at home. My wife and I just did the Trans-Canada Train Tour on VIA RAIL and the Rocky Mountaineer from Montreal/Toronto to Vancouver last month. We met with cav and his wife for a special catered dinner at their home in Toronto. Wink
0 Replies

Bungy

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 03:28 pm
Hi ci and thank you. I'll have to find out more about the Toronto get together. How did you and your wife like the train tour, that tour comes right through our town, we live about an hour outside of Vancouver. I've traveled across Canada a few times by car, but never by train, and I hear it's quit beautiful once you start hitting the mountains in Alberta. I hope you found the people friendly, most are... Some Evil or Very Mad Like most places Smile
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 03:32 pm
Bungy, We've been to Canada many times, and always felt welcomed, but this was our first trans-continent train ride in Canada. You have a very beautiful country, and our being neighbors makes it quite easy for visits. I've posted some of our photos on littlek's photoshare website. I'll post the link in a short while if you want to take a peek.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 03:35 pm
You're all welcome to take a peek. Wink
Click on the picture to enlarge it. http://groups.msn.com/littlekb/transcanadatraintour.msnw
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 04:14 pm
Bungy, don't drink orange juice. On the very limited list of things you are permitted in the 24 hours preceding the procedure, I seem to recall that citrus is specifically prohibited. I don't think yellow is a permitted color for jello, and callling that stuff food is one big stretch.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 03:08 pm
time for the annual
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 06:21 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
mckenzie- What is this Golytely stuff? Good grief. A gallon. All I needed to take was 1 1/2 oz. of Fleet's Phospho Soda in the afternoon, and another 1 1/2 oz in the evening. Then I had to drink lots of water. The Fleet's was enough to get rid of EVERYTHING!

Many clinics use either magnesium citrate or the phospho soda, plus a low fiber diet instead of anything else.

Both work extremely well.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 06:24 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Irishgal- Don't breathe, and chug it quickly. Follow by a lot of water. A martini it ain't, but it is not really terrible.

I think there's a lemon flavored mag citrate.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 08:22 pm
used citrus punch flavor - phew.........
0 Replies

newtoexam

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 11:22 pm
dot license
Did DOT Physical in WA require that also?oh my....

i am actuallly sramblng over having required a dot physical.... what would it be like? Physical is all nee to me... had manage to escape it all the years
0 Replies