Thank You
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 01:41 pm
You're very welcome.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 24 May, 2003 10:54 pm
Husker, You "deserve" a good weekend. c.i.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 12:31 am
Errr, great news Husker, perhaps a little less .... input, next time?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 05:13 am
Husker- All done! Great news! Wait a bit for the fries and burgers. With all those biopsies, your gut is a bit sore. Treat it kindly, until it has a chance to heal a bit!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 05:15 am
Mr. Stillwater- Au contraire- I think that Husker performed a very valuable service, even though he WAS a bit explicit. I think that it is important that we share these kinds of stuff with one another. Takes a lot of the mystery and fear out of it!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 10:55 am
Phoenix, amen! c.i.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 05:16 pm
Guys, I was just being my ironic self. Lots of brownie points to the Husker for reminding us that we all need a bit of fine-tuning and maintenance on the freeway of life. I'm sort of mid-way now, some things are beginning to need some attention. Something else to look forward to.

So why do I feel ripped off? When I was younger we the idea was that we would all get these cool mechanical bodies that would never break down. Or we would be able to regenerate limbs and stuff. Another disappointment.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 05:28 pm
yep is was thinking in a backwards short of way - it looks like everything is coming out ok <grin> Wink
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 05:29 pm
Quote:
perhaps a little less .... input
works for me the less the better Embarrassed
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 05:31 pm
Mr. Stillwater- I hear ya. One of the most difficult transitions that human beings go through is the realization that we are NOT immortal. As youngsters, people take chances that older folks would not dare consider. Why? Because there is very little concept of mortality when we are young.

In middle age, people start to realize that their bodies just will not do what it did a decade before. It takes awhile to become comfortable with that concept. I think that is why many people have this obsessive need to stay young- hair dyes to hide the grey, clothing on middle agers more suitable for teenagers, the huge increase in plastic surgery.

When a person acknowledges their mortality, and enjoys the pleasures of each age, there comes a realization that the is something wonderful about growing older.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 05:32 pm
you ever wonder if there wasn't so much taboo around certain things or we were able to talk about certain things - it would be more healthly for mankind in general???

just an idea.............
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 05:38 pm
husker- I think that it is vital and healthy for people to talk about taboo subjects- take it out in the open. The problem is that because of embarrassment, many people have difficulty in discussing taboos.........and end up being cutesy or gross. Personally, I don't think that there is any subect that can't be discussed in an intelligent, thoughtful way.

I thought that your thread about colonoscopy was wonderful, and theoretically may someday save someone's life. By bringing a subject such as this out in the open, the mystery and fear are shattered, and people are better able to deal with such situations with equinamity!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 05:47 pm
well and a little humor and pun here and there............
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 06:02 pm
Husker- If you think about it, most taboo subjects are concerned with two things...... life and death. That is why many areas of sex were and some still are taboo subjects. IMO that is because people are still in fear and awe of life and death processes.

People tend to joke and titter nervously when something is discussed that is uncomfortable for them. If a person needs to kid a bit in order to release some anxiety about the subject, that IMO is fine, if he needs the joking to be able to discuss the subject,

Just think about the subjects of a vast majority of humor!
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 06:07 pm
Have you ever had a colonoscopy?
Yeah, it's the prep that the pits. The rest you don't know about; you're out of it.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 08:11 pm
Glad to hear your results are good, husker!

Jeez! That means you'll be around to bug me for a bit longer, huh?

JUST KIDDING!!!!!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2003 11:28 am
This needed to be posted. Hope you 'enjoy.' c.i.

Colonoscopies
A physician claims these are actual comments from his patients made while he was performing colonoscopies: (the last one is best!)

1. "Take it easy, Doc, you're boldly going where no man has gone before."

2. "Find Amelia Earhart yet?"

3. "Can you hear me NOW?"

4. "Oh boy, that was sphincterrific!"

5. "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"

6. "You know, in Arkansas, we're now legally married."

7. "Any sign of the trapped miners, Chief?"

8. "You put your left hand in; you take your left hand out; you do the Hokey Pokey...."

9. "Hey! Now I know how a Muppet feels!"

10. "If your hand doesn't fit, you must acquit!"

11. "Hey, Doc, let me know if you find my dignity."

12. "You used to be an executive at Enron, didn't you?"

13. "Could you write me a note for my wife, saying that my head is not, in fact, up there?"
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2003 11:42 am
Laughing That is sooo funny!
0 Replies

irishgal

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 02:17 pm
does the Fleet Phospho-Soda have a taste to it? if you mix it with apple juice or something
0 Replies