Who is a terrorist?

parados

Reply Fri 21 Jul, 2006 12:35 pm
The contras did systematically target civilians.

The US congress and US State Department both said so. In spite of that, Reagan still funded them. It is impossible to argue that Reagan didn't know about it. It own state department said as much.

So, is it OK to fund terrorists or not?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 21 Jul, 2006 12:40 pm
It's always wrong to deal with any sunovabitch, unless he's our sunovabitch . . .
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 21 Jul, 2006 12:48 pm
parados wrote:
The contras did systematically target civilians.

The US congress and US State Department both said so. In spite of that, Reagan still funded them. It is impossible to argue that Reagan didn't know about it. It own state department said as much.

So, is it OK to fund terrorists or not?

If they fit my definition of a terrorist (given earlier in this thread), and the targetting of non-combatants is policy, not the actions of a few bad apples, no it is not okay to fund them.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 21 Jul, 2006 12:54 pm
Of course. You ain't a terrorist if you have deniability.

Heck, Osama never once attacked a woman or child. It was just some bad apples around him.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 21 Jul, 2006 01:41 pm
parados wrote:

Heck, Osama never once attacked a woman or child. It was just some bad apples around him.

I must assume that you deny the possibility that an army could have a policy never to attack non-combatants, yet could have a few soldiers who do it anyway. Is this your position? Do you propose that one should not support any military which ever has bad soldiers who break the rules?
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Fri 21 Jul, 2006 04:12 pm
If a military is run properly the bad apples will be stopped, either before or after they commit crimes against civilians.
There once was a general who ordered the killing of millions of civilians. He also proposed an attack to kill one hundred million Soviet citizens (luckily he did not succeed).
http://www.geocities.com/lemaycurtis/
0 Replies

The Sweet Desert

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 11:42 pm
Quote:
Would you mind please giving an example of terrorism committed by someone he funded? Thanks.

Palestinian Plight carried out by Israel, I bet.

I've got this book about Israel, well, there's a cartoon about Reagan and here's what's written: (it's on ooooold one)

Rambo
Reagan
can never
be wrong!
Israel My Son
Here I come!

And it's been published in an American newspaper, honest....

This is exactly what's written. Believe me, I mean no harm but it's crystal clear.

Thanks for posing such a thought-provoking question. I really like it.
0 Replies

The Sweet Desert

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 11:57 pm
Dedicated to the Rational American Mentality

In all American movies there's a portrayal of a loving happy family and this reflects the fact that American people really appreciate the Term called Family.
A family is a word that far extends the household. When a grandmother falls ill, her grandchildren would attend upon her though she doesn't live with them in the same house. This is but a fragment of the overall meaning of FAMILY.

Family is kids' bounty, family draws a smile on their beautiful faces, family gives them hope for a beautiful shining tomorrow and family is what really differentiates between orphans and happy kids! I'm sure you do appreciate how bad it feels for a kid to lose a parent. How dark and gloomy life becomes for kids who lose someone dear to them, someone whom they adore.
If it was death that took this beloved away, then hard it would be to tell the kid about reality but, naturally, this kid would manage to convince his mind that this parent went to Heavens.

BUT what if a parent was ALIVE and MISSING at the very same time!
What if kids realise that their disappearing parent is alive YET they are prevented from his hugs, kisses and presence!

I'm talking to you about the kids of the INNOCENT Saudi man, Homaidan al-Turki, who's being jailed in your country, though not guilty! What can compensate four girls and a boy for their father's loss, their hindered education, their internal suffering and its negative impacts on their Health, the psychological scars that the FBI engraved in their minds when they broke into their secure house and the prolonged sadness!

We highly believe that Child Care is a priority for American People and that many are the associations in America that make great efforts to attain the welfare of families. Such is an awe-inspiring goal but I'm afraid that, unless principles are activated, they no more exist.

When looking at American families in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, one can clearly see and sense the openness of the Saudi Community. An American woman in the Kingdom is, for example, not forced to put on the Islamic veil that any Saudi woman wears unlike what happened to the wife of INNOCENT Homaidan when she'd been obliged to sit in courtroom without putting her Headscarf on though it is yet part of her lifestyle! See, this bullying doesn't take place in the Kingdom.
American families live happily in the Kingdom and Saudi people do respect their customs and lifestyle. American expatriates in the Kingdom are always granted their freedom and, as you might have already known, the Saudi Government has arrested many Saudi young people who's tried to harm Americans living in the Kingdom. Needless to say, Americans are always privileged.

The Saudi people also highly regard the concept of FAMILY as it's part of their religion. Of course, the case of INNOCENT Homaidan and the fabrications that were set against him has arisen much anger in the Saudi people as a whole; not only his family members. It's the Big Saudi Family that is feeling for him and they spare no effort to unfold reality. Why not deal with us the same way we do towards your respected people? Why are you crushing his kids? If Homaidan were a non-Muslim, a non-Saudi, would all this have taken place?

I send this plea to All American families, to Fathers who adore their kids, to mothers who can't stand kids' bullying, to grandparents who can't help weeping when their grandchild twists an ankle: do angelic souls deserve to suffer when they've hardly commenced their life journey?
Imagine your beloved kids' tears when you leave them for a little while, let alone for months! What if they were not allowed to see you even from behind bars! Not even a shadow of hope will dwell inside their hearts, I bet.
INNOCENT Homaidan has been arrested in November, 2004. His kids suffering PLEASE stop. Protest against his Kids' Bullying and remember that Saudi people would never forget this JUSTICE. For the good of all CHILDREN, support Homaidan's kids to have their STOLEN daddy back and restore the positive image Saudis used to have about your Land of Liberty. Mind you, Saudi people ever remain certain about Homaidan's innocence.
Happy successful families deserve to be hailed; not jailed!

I am sure that any rational mentality would give these lines some consideration and objectively think over them.

Regards,
The Sweet Desert

P.S. Until the 31st of August, there's much you may do.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 12:15 am
The Sweet Desert wrote:
Quote:
Would you mind please giving an example of terrorism committed by someone he funded? Thanks.

Palestinian Plight carried out by Israel, I bet.

I've got this book about Israel, well, there's a cartoon about Reagan and here's what's written: (it's on ooooold one)

Rambo
Reagan
can never
be wrong!
Israel My Son
Here I come!

And it's been published in an American newspaper, honest....

This is exactly what's written. Believe me, I mean no harm but it's crystal clear.

Thanks for posing such a thought-provoking question. I really like it.

Thanks for demonstrating that you're unable to answer it.
0 Replies

The Sweet Desert

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 12:43 am
Quick reply, I really appreciate it and many many thanks for taking the pains....

But, dear Brandon, my answer is the answer any Muslim would give you and I am one.
That America is the ally of Israel is something no one can deny even when some would defend Israel and the US, deep down, their conscience would tell them it's all a lie!

However, thank God there're Muslim young people who fear not from death and they're ready to always sacrifice their souls for the sake of their Lord then their Land and People.

It's so hard for me to see our young population being killed everywhere. As I said, each and every Muslim on Planet Earth realises how much Israel hates them but, fortunately, they're ready to face it..

Terrorism is when militiary attacks are stopped in Lebanon till Americans get evacuated and the Lebanese People, well, let's go back:

What does Terrorism mean?
Ah, now it's Bush!!!

Thanks
I'm so glad I had this nice talk with you
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 03:44 am
The Sweet Desert wrote:
Quick reply, I really appreciate it and many many thanks for taking the pains....

But, dear Brandon, my answer is the answer any Muslim would give you and I am one.
That America is the ally of Israel is something no one can deny even when some would defend Israel and the US, deep down, their conscience would tell them it's all a lie!

However, thank God there're Muslim young people who fear not from death and they're ready to always sacrifice their souls for the sake of their Lord then their Land and People.

It's so hard for me to see our young population being killed everywhere. As I said, each and every Muslim on Planet Earth realises how much Israel hates them but, fortunately, they're ready to face it..

Terrorism is when militiary attacks are stopped in Lebanon till Americans get evacuated and the Lebanese People, well, let's go back:

What does Terrorism mean?
Ah, now it's Bush!!!

Thanks
I'm so glad I had this nice talk with you

Now, if you'd just be so kind as to give me an example of Bush ordering someone to deliberately target a non-combatant, as the Palestinian terrorists routinely do.
0 Replies

The Sweet Desert

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2006 02:22 am
Webpage Title

Dear Brandon,
If there was anything that really breaks my heart, it would be the future of your NEW GENERATION whom future you have demolished.

What do you expect them to encounter when they go overseas!!!
It's our Prophet(peace be upon him) that advised us, as Muslims, to be good to kids of non-Muslims but what about non-Muslims who haven't this principle?
How do you expect them to react when seeing an American!!

When you have kids, I'm sure you're gonna feel each and every letter I've typed.
It's a pity what Bush is doing to you, Americans.
It really is...

As for us, we take it for granted that he's a liar and a criminal as well, you know why,
becasue he's been breaking the dreams of millions and most of them are among his folks.
His history that is being typed in BLOOD will repeat itself...

Again, what would happen to the new American generation?!
Ah, my heart aches..

After all this,
Humanity, don't listen to me,
Go to Lebanon, Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine and see for yourself...

Brandon, and you're saying non-combatants, dear American, EVEN PIGEONS ARE KILLED...

Bush, forgot to say, THANKS FOR EXPOSING YOUR REALITY, THNKS FOR INDIRECTLY DEMOLISHING YOUR PEOPLE

I do not wish any HUman any harm from this very man, Amen

Regards,
The Sweet Desert
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2006 03:48 am
The Sweet Desert wrote:
Webpage Title

Dear Brandon,
If there was anything that really breaks my heart, it would be the future of your NEW GENERATION whom future you have demolished.

What do you expect them to encounter when they go overseas!!!
It's our Prophet(peace be upon him) that advised us, as Muslims, to be good to kids of non-Muslims but what about non-Muslims who haven't this principle?
How do you expect them to react when seeing an American!!

When you have kids, I'm sure you're gonna feel each and every letter I've typed.
It's a pity what Bush is doing to you, Americans.
It really is...

As for us, we take it for granted that he's a liar and a criminal as well, you know why,
becasue he's been breaking the dreams of millions and most of them are among his folks.
His history that is being typed in BLOOD will repeat itself...

Again, what would happen to the new American generation?!
Ah, my heart aches..

After all this,
Humanity, don't listen to me,
Go to Lebanon, Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine and see for yourself...

Brandon, and you're saying non-combatants, dear American, EVEN PIGEONS ARE KILLED...

Bush, forgot to say, THANKS FOR EXPOSING YOUR REALITY, THNKS FOR INDIRECTLY DEMOLISHING YOUR PEOPLE

I do not wish any HUman any harm from this very man, Amen

Regards,
The Sweet Desert
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

Translation: You cannot answer my question, because you know full well that my government has never ordered the deliberate targetting of non-combatants. That's an Islamic specialty, isn't it? There isn't much glory in bombing a school bus.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2006 07:43 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
parados wrote:

I must assume that you deny the possibility that an army could have a policy never to attack non-combatants, yet could have a few soldiers who do it anyway. Is this your position? Do you propose that one should not support any military which ever has bad soldiers who break the rules?

What rules? You mean the rules that allow dogs without muzzles? waterboarding? Or are those just a few bad apples?

When the policy is ambiguous there can be deniability. The US has had an ambiguous policy on many things in the war on terror. That ambiguity breeds abuse. When soldiers are lied to about Iraqis being responsible for 9/11 what do we expect them to do? When the president says the Geneva convention doesn't apply how do you expect the subordinates to act? The idea that we don't have an active policy doesn't absolve the leaders when they promote acts by their words and deeds.
0 Replies