Having a Bad Day

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 11:52 am
Today is one of the "bad days" that those of us with chronic conditions often face. While a bad day now is 200 times better than a bad day a year ago, when they hit, they suck.

I am tired for one. But the biggest issue is my eye. My TED is really acting up today. I can't see much out of my right eye, which makes work hard because now I have a headache. I work at a computer so there is no avoiding reading and typing. I want to turn out the lights in my office. I can't look up or to the right today without pain. This sucks.

My eye feels swollen and gritty. It's quite unpleasant. I just wanted to complain.

Is today a good day or a bad day for you? I guess I have to consider that without the bad days I wouldn't be able to appreciate the truly good days I have. But still....I'd like to be able to see. Confused
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 948 • Replies: 7
No top replies

JPB

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 12:03 pm
Sorry you're having a bad day, Bella. Glad to hear your bad days aren't as bad as they used to be.

What happens with your eye pain? Does it go away on it's own eventually, or do you take something for it?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 12:35 pm
Thanks JB.

It goes away on it's own when I rest them. The pain isn't really pain so much as discomfort and it's caused by the swelling behind my eye ball pressed on the optic nerve. Which also causes the blurry vision. Fun.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 01:02 pm
I hope you feel better, Bella. Take it easy.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 18 Jul, 2006 07:07 am
Well, I found out that my blurry vision is more likely caused by dryness than anything. I don't have any protrusion of the eyes (YEAH!) and my cornea looks good. My problem with dryness has to be fixed though, so since the drops aren't working 100%, they put a collagen plug into one tear duct (the bottom one) to block the drainage of my natural tears. It will dissolve in 3 days but they do it to see if it's too much and if I am crying all the time. But so far, nothing. It feels NORMAL. I will go back on the 28th for laser surgery to close the duct. My mom is freaking out but it is reversable and is done in the office so I am not concerned.

I may try my left eye after this one but I don't think that my left eye needs the surgery.

I also found out that I have retinal deterioration in my right eye (that eye is the bum one). It is possible that one day I will have retinal detatchment but it isn't certain. I just have to watch for it.

Once this dry eye surgery is over, I can think about Lasik. Yippee!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 18 Jul, 2006 07:14 am
fyi, you won't even feel them lasering it....piece of cake. tell your mom not to freak.

actually if she freaks about that, don't even tell her about the lasik until after you've had it done. that's a lot more freaky for others than for you.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 18 Jul, 2006 10:14 am
Not doing the Lasik just yet. Have to do the other laser eye surgery to correct my dryness.

But I hope I can get lasik
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 18 Jul, 2006 10:25 am
yeah, that's what I meant, you won't feel them zapping it to close the duct either....

meant if you mom freaks out over that Shocked

she'd really freak over the other. Shocked Shocked
0 Replies