Cut & Run Liberals

parados

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 07:07 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Advocate wrote:
Were we to leave Iraq, al-Qaida and other foreign fighters would be considered more occupiers to be expelled. This is Murtha's point, and he is correct.

So, then, you deny that establishing a pattern of cutting and running as soon as the going gets tough will embolden potential future enemies?

Iraq is not our country and the Iraqi's have no obligation to care about our fight with our "potential future enemies".

The only question in this debate should be what do the Iraqi's want.

So, then, you're saying that a pattern of slinking off whenever someone puts up a fight won't encourage potential enemies?

Are you referring to the US response in Tora Bora?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 07:35 pm
parados wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Advocate wrote:
Were we to leave Iraq, al-Qaida and other foreign fighters would be considered more occupiers to be expelled. This is Murtha's point, and he is correct.

So, then, you deny that establishing a pattern of cutting and running as soon as the going gets tough will embolden potential future enemies?

Iraq is not our country and the Iraqi's have no obligation to care about our fight with our "potential future enemies".

The only question in this debate should be what do the Iraqi's want.

So, then, you're saying that a pattern of slinking off whenever someone puts up a fight won't encourage potential enemies?

I see that you are scared to simply answer the hypothetical.
Are you referring to the US response in Tora Bora?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 07:37 pm
Brandon, you had better examine your response.
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 08:17 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Brandon, you had better examine your response.

I thought it was one of the best & most honest one that I have ever seen from Brandon..........NOTHING!
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 08:20 pm
Quote:
Finn - - They want us to stay in their country and provide them with the necessary back-up muscle to allow them to establish a stable democracy. As it just so happens, this coincides quite nicely with our strategic interests. Everybody wins!

Finn, you really are off the deep end. Do you honestly believe the crap that you write?
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 07:57 am
Bush said yesterday that we have to stay in Iraq because of the sacrifice of over 2,500 of our troops. I guess we have to sacrifice another 5 - 10,000 troops to cover that prior sacrifice.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 09:16 am
Your question is a hypothetical Brandon?

It must be because it isn't based on any reality if you think leaving after 3-1/2 years in Iraq is slinking off when someone puts up a fight. Ending an occupation isn't slinking off because of a fight. It is ending an occupation. Is there not a government in place in Iraq? Isn't the war over in Iraq?

In Tora Bora we didn't act decisively. That is why I asked if that was your reference point. It is impossible to claim we are slinking off in Iraq because someone is putting up a fight. Aren't things going well in Iraq? We are told that repeatedly by the RW fools. Now you are claiming that leaving becuase they aren't going well shows weakness. Which is it?
Are things going well or not?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 10:40 am
Advocate wrote:
Bush said yesterday that we have to stay in Iraq because of the sacrifice of over 2,500 of our troops. I guess we have to sacrifice another 5 - 10,000 troops to cover that prior sacrifice.

If yur son is killed I will be very sorry.... but not sorry enough to send my son to his death... that's the stupidest f*king lgic I ever heard of... and yet bush delivers it with a straight face and people suck it up. Cue the Sousa.....
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 12:42 pm
Blue, I guess Republicans buy that crap. It is similar to Bush's statement that we are killing terrorists in Iraq so that we won't have to fight them here. Let's hope that the independent voter is able to see through this. However, I am not very optimistic.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 10:50 pm
Magginkat wrote:
Quote:
Finn - - They want us to stay in their country and provide them with the necessary back-up muscle to allow them to establish a stable democracy. As it just so happens, this coincides quite nicely with our strategic interests. Everybody wins!

Finn, you really are off the deep end. Do you honestly believe the crap that you write?

This is a typically silly response from you Maggie.

How about an attempt to counter my argument rather than common Maggie Spew?

For instance provide evidence, if you can, that the majority of Iraqis want us to leave their country.

Obviously a relatively small number of maniacs willing to blow themselves up for whatever crazy fantasy they may entertain is no more an expression of the will of the Iraqi people than a relatively small number of thugs beating up gays is an expression of the will of the American people.

For just one moment put a stick between your teeth and fight back your fitful urge to explode with leftist nonsense about evil Bush and horrible conservatives. Just one time attempt to actually, reasonably support the assertions you make.

I know you can do it Maggie, I know you can resist your hairtrigger gag reflex and choke back your left-wing vomitus!

Well, maybe not.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 07:22 am
Quote:
82 percent of Iraqis oppose U.S. occupation
The findings appeared consistent with a poll taken about the same time by USA Today, CNN and Gallup, which found that 57 percent of Iraqis wanted foreign troops to leave immediately.

The new poll, which has not been released publicly, is a concern among occupation authority officials and in Washington, D.C., because the data provide evidence that the U.S. effort is not winning over Iraqi public opinion.

0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 09:52 am
Has the Bush administration cut and run by eliminating the CIA unit chasing bin-Laden and other top terrorists? Maybe it will just declare: Mission Accomplished!
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 12:32 pm
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
Magginkat wrote:
Quote:

This is a typically silly response from you Maggie.

How about an attempt to counter my argument rather than common Maggie Spew?

For instance provide evidence, if you can, that the majority of Iraqis want us to leave their country.

Obviously a relatively small number of maniacs willing to blow themselves up for whatever crazy fantasy they may entertain is no more an expression of the will of the Iraqi people than a relatively small number of thugs beating up gays is an expression of the will of the American people.

For just one moment put a stick between your teeth and fight back your fitful urge to explode with leftist nonsense about evil Bush and horrible conservatives. Just one time attempt to actually, reasonably support the assertions you make.

I know you can do it Maggie, I know you can resist your hairtrigger gag reflex and choke back your left-wing vomitus!

Well, maybe not.

You're wrong Finn,

Every time I see a fool spewing the same old bullschitt (or bu$hitt if you prefer), I want to puke because it goes against everything that this country was built on.

If you choose to be a dimwit, following the other dimwit's every word there is nothing I can do about it but please don't expect me to jump in and cheer while a bunch of low-life traitors destroy this country from the inside out.

You, george bu$h and others like you are the terrorists that this country has to fear the most. You are a clueless bunch of locksteppers without the brain to wipe your own behind.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 12:38 pm
It is clear that the right is willing to put Bush, et al., above what is best for this country. Seems unpatriotic!
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 12:54 pm
Advocate wrote:
It is clear that the right is willing to put Bush, et al., above what is best for this country. Seems unpatriotic!

No seeming about it Advocate.

As I posted earlier, If our forefathers were alive we'd have seen public hangings for a whole bunch of traitors starting about 2001 !
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 01:02 pm
parados wrote:
Your question is a hypothetical Brandon?

It must be because it isn't based on any reality if you think leaving after 3-1/2 years in Iraq is slinking off when someone puts up a fight. Ending an occupation isn't slinking off because of a fight. It is ending an occupation. Is there not a government in place in Iraq? Isn't the war over in Iraq?

In Tora Bora we didn't act decisively. That is why I asked if that was your reference point. It is impossible to claim we are slinking off in Iraq because someone is putting up a fight. Aren't things going well in Iraq? We are told that repeatedly by the RW fools. Now you are claiming that leaving becuase they aren't going well shows weakness. Which is it?
Are things going well or not?

I never claimed that things were going well. For that matter, I have never claimed that things are going poorly. So now, I have to answer for other peoples' opinions?

If we leave now, it would be at a time when insurgents are still active, and the new government might be unable to survive without military assistance. We would clearly be leaving because the going is getting tough, and everyone would know it. You are clearly afraid to answer the simple hypothetical question I have posed. If the US establishes a precedent of lacking the fortitude to continue difficult wars, then do you not believe that it will embolden potential future enemies? Stop squirming and just answer.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 01:12 pm
So much for all the claims about "good news isn't being reported from Iraq."
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 01:14 pm
3-1/2 years of occupation is hardly "leaving when the going gets tough."

Perhaps we should stay for 30 years. That will show those bad guys that we won't back down from them.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 01:18 pm
So what message did we send when we didn't send 150,000 troops into Tora Bora to try to find Osama? No, we went off and invaded Iraq. That sure showed Osama we mean business.

By the way Brandon. We just closed down the CIA unit tasked with finding Osama. That must be the message you wanted to send. We really mean business in Iraq.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 03:37 pm
Is it too late to go back to Nam and finish the job? We just can't have all these people emboldened.

The fact is, no matter what we do here and there, we don't scare insurgents around the world. Journalists will even tell you that we are even irrelevant in Iraq. There is a civil war going on and our presence doesn't begin to deter it.
0 Replies