12 years and 5 orgasms

Crushed

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 10:38 am
Hello all,

Last night my wife admitted to me that she has only had 5 orgasms with me. This came to light after we were "playing" with a new toy, a small egg shape vib with a remote speed/intensity control. This is the first time we have introduced toys into our sex life. After 35 minutes of "play" with the thing, as well as finger and oral stimulation I asked her if she had O'ed as altho she seemed to be enjoying it very much, it did not seem like she had "popped". She said she hadnt. I then asked her what we were doing wrong. She said nothing, but I pressed the issue more. She told me that from using this thing herself, she has found she is "high maintenence" (her words). I told her I was willing to do whatever she needed to make it work, and that she should just tell or show me anything that would work. We tried some "instructional" foreplay, oral, hand/finger, and the vibrator where I asked her to show and tell me everything she wanted/needed me to do, and to help me help her. 3 hours later, and she still hadnt came, so we both gave in due to tiredness.

This is when it came out. She told me she has only orgasm'ed 15 times in her entire life. It was extremely devastating to me.
We have been together for 12 years, and she just now tells me this. I did some searching on the internet as far as what can cause it. I am pretty sure she has no physical issues, as I think she would have told me and it would have came out during the times I was there for the paps during the pregnancy. I am also pretty sure there was no physical abuse in her past. I will ask her these things when she wakes up.

Pending the answers to the above, I can only assume this is a psychological issue. We dont have any money, we are pretty broke. We cannot afford to see someone for this issue, altho I dont know if we can afford to not see someone. Having said that I would prefer if we can try somethings on our own. Since she seems to have a hard time telling me things (she did keep this from me for so long) what can I try to help get her to open up? When we have discussions, I really have to pry to get her to talk. I have become very good at reading her body langauge and knowing when I need to ask her what she is thinking or how she feels about something several times before I can get a dialog going. I can only assume this right here is one of the reasons for the inability to orgasm. There have to be some underlying issues that need to be resolved. However, the fact that she has only came 15 times in her lifetime troubles me.

As you can see I am pretty troubled by this, and just started rambling on and on here. I am looking for any help, insight, suggestions, support, etc anyone can offer!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,412 • Replies: 34
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 10:47 am
Hi there crushed,

What does she think about this?

Is your sex life pretty good except for the orgasms? Do you have sex often enough, does she enjoy it?

And (last question, sorry), how old is she?

Male and female orgasms are very different -- I honestly didn't know I'd had one the first 3 or 4 times, and I don't think that could be said for men. Shocked Female orgasms also differ a lot from person to person, and differ from orgasm to orgasm for each person.

This article has one of the best descriptions of different types of female orgasm I've seen in print. Brief excerpt, I encourage you to read the whole thing (it's long but entertaining, and free!):

Quote:
Yet frequently, Brewer said, she finds herself explaining the basics. ''So many women come to these parties thinking that women are born knowing how to have an orgasm,'' she said. ''You got to learn. I have vibrators where you can learn how to have all three -- with the Kegel muscles, the clitoris, the G-spot. I call that 'catching a cloud.' But your partner has to work with you and hit your hot spots -- you know? And that's what I'm all about. Opening lines of communication. Getting 'em talking.''

I'll stop there for now. Basically, don't worry about it too much, start learning (from external sources and from her), and have fun with the process.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 01:52 pm
One factoid in the article is that according to Oprah, 43% of women have this problem. As in, really not uncommon, don't freak out about it too much. And to your credit that you want to do something about it.
0 Replies

LuckyLad

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 04:14 pm
I did some reading on the net about this a while back. Dr. Dodson? has some good info. Google search orgasm should help.

One thing I remember is to get a Hitachi Magic Wand to "awaken" a sleeping libido and actually teach her how to have an orgasm. From what I remember a woman must use it or loose it (ability to orgasm).

FWIW, I bought a Hitachi and tried it on my wife(her willingly of course) and she said it was too much vibration. We just tried it a little and after talking to her she said she might want to try it again. They are expensive, but I thought it might add another spark and some more fun for her.

Just some thoughts, good luck and don't pressure her and communicate. (My main problems) Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 04:51 pm
sozobe wrote:
One factoid in the article is that according to Oprah, 43% of women have this problem. As in, really not uncommon, don't freak out about it too much. And to your credit that you want to do something about it.

43%?!

OMG, you've GOT to be KIDDING!!!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 07:11 pm
That's according to Oprah according to the article, I didn't look for source material. Surprised me too, might not be accurate, I dunno.

Good advice, LuckyLad.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 10:19 am
To be honest this is a problem only she can solve, and its very sweet of you crushd to care so much but in my opinion it is a lot more difficult for women to come with a partner that without one.

I found a book in my mums bedside cupboard that i read once, about how to improve your orgasms. it basically gives women 'steps' to follow through first seeing if they can mastabate on their own without the intention to come, then seeing if they can make themselves come, and then how quickly, how many in a row, with your partner, etc. building up through sex.
I started doing the programme even though i was only about 16 at the time, so i wouldnt be one of those women who couldnt come, and it did make me improve my ability to orgasm totally.
i cant remember what the book was called but if any of this is any use i shall try and find the book and tell you.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 10:30 am
you are asking the wrong questions. You ask why has my wife had only 5 orgasms in 12 years and you agonize over it.

I suggest that instead you ask the question, in 12 years when we have had sex how many times have I orgasmed?

I think you'll find the answer to that question takes a much more positive tone.

The glass is, at the very least, half full.

Perspective. The key to a happy life.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 11:04 am
No pressure to make her come. what a dream run.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 03:01 pm
Inorgasmia can be caused by chemical imbalances, medication, or other factors. She should see physician to check any medications she taking, etc.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 01:35 am
DrewDad wrote:
Inorgasmia can be caused by chemical imbalances, medication, or other factors. She should see physician to check any medications she taking, etc.

But only if she wants to. some women I know are perfectly happy with their sex life just the way it is.

Crushed, I seriously wouldnt push this and get all worked up about it, by all means make the offer to be of assistance if you can, however putting your wife and yourself under pressure unnecissarily will only make things worse.

Ps Try outdoor sex, a change is as good as a holiday :wink:
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 04:43 am
if she cant come indoors with someone she has been sleeping with for over 12 years then i doubt she would be able to come outside.

i think more females need to you advise you crushed.
men quite often dont really understand why females cant come because they never really experience this kind of problem.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 04:51 am
Haven't commented yet, but keep coming back to this thread, wondering about the poster....

I don't see anywhere where SHE says she's unhappy about the situation, or where she she's this as any sort of problem.

If she's satisfied with the way things are, there no "problem"

To me, the poster is the one making an issue over this, he's the one "agonizing" over it. He doesn't want, IMO to give her an orgasm, he wants to MAKE her have an orgasm. The thought of him trying to accomplish this over the course of 3 hours feels like it's all about him, nothing about her.

I'm wondering if she was just going along with this (and don't flatter yourself that because she was seemingly into it that she was). Perhaps she was grateful when you finally gave up.

3 hours, Jesus Christ, I got other things to do.

Why not just accept her and love her the way she is? Otherwise, she may start to dread having sex with you altogether, knowing she's turned into your private science experiment.

I'd like to hear what your wifes feelings about this are.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 04:53 am
I reckon masterbation is the key.Let her do her thang, you can watch.Let her get in tune with her own body then hopefully she will let you join in.
Certainly dont put pressure on either of yourselves, there is nothing worse than trying to force the big O(and by that I dont mean Roy Orbison)
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 04:54 am
yes. what does she think?
Plus, if she knows you are trying to make her come and thats your only aim it will completely lessen her chances.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 05:04 am
I got the impression she didnt like talking about it.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 05:38 am
Chai Tea wrote:
Haven't commented yet, but keep coming back to this thread, wondering about the poster....

I don't see anywhere where SHE says she's unhappy about the situation, or where she she's this as any sort of problem.

To me, the poster is the one making an issue over this, he's the one "agonizing" over it. He doesn't want, IMO to give her an orgasm, he wants to MAKE her have an orgasm. The thought of him trying to accomplish this over the course of 3 hours feels like it's all about him, nothing about her.

I'm wondering if she was just going along with this (and don't flatter yourself that because she was seemingly into it that she was). Perhaps she was grateful when you finally gave up.

Why not just accept her and love her the way she is? Otherwise, she may start to dread having sex with you altogether, knowing she's turned into your private science experiment.

I'd like to hear what your wifes feelings about this are.

My thoughts exactly chai.
0 Replies

Crushed

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 06:31 pm
Wow, there have been so many repsonses to this over the weekend! I thank every one of you for your concern, questions, and comments. A lot of the questions asked are slightly redundant, so I will try and just give a general explaination and answer session...

First, she is upset about it also, but not to the point where it ruins sex for her or anything. I think a lot of people are misunderstanding the reason why I am upset so much, or was upset anyways. One thing you need to understand is that I was fairly upset when I made that post. The other thing is that the bigger issue for me was the fact that she never told me about this. I felt almost betrayed that she felt that it was too hard or whatever to talk to me about this. It was very hurtful to me. Communication is the only way a relationship can survive. That was my major cause for my feelings on this issue. Getting back to the secondary lack of orgasm issue... Almost all the fun of sex for me is dedicating myself to her. Finding out that after all these years we havent been able to achive this made me feel like I wasnt doing a good enough job. Almost like I had failed, and continued to fail for so many years. That was my inital reaction, I really blamed myself fully. Within 24 hours I had time for my brain to mull things over and my outlook and feelings on the subject have changed a lot. As i am sure many of you know, the male ego can be a pretty fragile thing. As much as I would like to think I am above all that, it really was a blow to my ego at first. Now I realize this isnt a matter of who is at fault, and it is not a problem, it is a matter of something we both would like to see happen, and can work at through communication and (the best part Very Happy) practice!

We have had a couple discussions on the subject over the weekend. I came up with the idea of a numbers system. While we are making love, we use numbers to help the other person know what feels good or bad, better or worse. We start out at 1 and go up and/or down, until hopefully reaching 10 (orgasm). She liked the idea, and we have tried it out twice over the weekend. It was kinda fun for the both of us, but it took some getting used to since we are both nearly silent during intercourse normally. Altho she got to 9, she just stayed there. She said she always feels like that. She always seems to get very very close, but never gets quite to that 10 mark. Even tho I have read not to do it, and I do not try to, I think since she has told me about this we are putting a lot of pressure on ourselves. This isnt helping things at all. She enjoys sex, and I think we just need to go back to what we were doing before, but keep trying to communicate and perhaps keep up with the numbers game.

I would like to address a few posts directly if I may:

Chai Tea wrote:

It really makes me mad that you would think that. Saying that I dont want to give her an orgasm, I want to make her orgasm is flat out rude. Any person who would have control issues like that just makes me sick. Saying I think its all about me actually kind of pisses me off. If I thought that it was all about me, then I just wouldnt give a rats arse about any of this and wouldnt give it a second thought. As far as the 3 hours thing... First, the 3 hour number was from when we first starting foreplay until the point where we went to bed. It wasnt 3 straight hours nonstop. Second, I was the one who asked if it was ok to stop because I was getting tired. She said she understood, but asked if we could try again the next night. Furthermore, when you say "the thought of him trying to accomplish this..." ME trying to accomplish this? Its a mutual thing that WE were trying to accomplish. Also, at what point did I even come close to so much as infering that I dont love her now or dont accept her the way she is? Im sorry if I am coming off as a bit harse or defensive, but I really dont think the way you addressed that possibility was very tactful at all.

The Pentacle Queen wrote:
To be honest this is a problem only she can solve, and its very sweet of you crushd to care so much but in my opinion it is a lot more difficult for women to come with a partner that without one.

I found a book in my mums bedside cupboard that i read once, about how to improve your orgasms. it basically gives women 'steps' to follow through first seeing if they can mastabate on their own without the intention to come, then seeing if they can make themselves come, and then how quickly, how many in a row, with your partner, etc. building up through sex.
I started doing the programme even though i was only about 16 at the time, so i wouldnt be one of those women who couldnt come, and it did make me improve my ability to orgasm totally.
i cant remember what the book was called but if any of this is any use i shall try and find the book and tell you.

I will ask her, but that does sound like something we would be interested in. Can you check into the name of that book? I am sure she would at least like to look into it if nothing else.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 06:42 pm
Don't forget that it might be genetic:

STAFFORDSHIRE, England, June 7-Genetics may also play a role in women's inability to achieve orgasm from sexual intercourse or masturbation, according to a study of twins, both monozygotic and dizygotic.

"This study shows that there is a significant genetic component to variation in female orgasmic function that has not been reported previously," said Kate M. Dunn, M.D., of the Primary Care Sciences Research Center at Keele University here.

Full article:
Women's genetics and orgasm
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 06:50 pm
Well sug, I don't see your wife coming on here to talk about it....

If you don't like what I say....don't read it. This is an open forum.
0 Replies