Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 04:03 am
Eorl wrote:
Close

A life without spirituality is like a car without ghosts.

A life without food is like a car without gas.

Excellent! Twisted Evil

And right on the mark!
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 06:14 am
So you're saying you know life is unaffected by spirits or sprituality?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 09:06 am
Eorl wrote:
Close

You are what you eat

You become what you feed the mind on...

Mt 9:8
But when the multitudes saw it, they marvelled, and glorified God, which had given such power unto men.

Lu 24:49
And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

Joh 17:2
As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

Ac 1:8
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

2Co 4:7
But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Eph 1:19
And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

Comment:
Underneath these English words of power are different Greek words translated power.

Mostly kinetic and potential types of power and energy.

I.E. energy or your convictions...
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 12:28 pm
eorl wrote:

This is ridiculous.

And what happens if you attempt to live with no food? The same thing that happens to the car if the tank is empty. It will not work.

But why can you fill your tank and a car can't?

Why can you feel the pain of a dry stomach, or the road under your fubber, when the car cannot?

The questions may sound stupid, but I'd be grateful if you'd just humor me.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 12:40 pm
snood wrote:

Not sure if you are addressing me, Snood...

...but nothing said here leads to "...you know life is unaffected by spirits or spirituality."

I have NO IDEA if there is a spirit component to the REALITY of existence. There is absolutely no way I can know. There is no more reason for me to suppose there is none...than that there definitely is.

And as I mentioned earlier...I am wrestling with something at the moment that lends itself at least as much to "an unusual explanation"...as any explanation in the norm.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 12:45 pm
A life without spirituality is like a piano without a pianist.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 12:49 pm
Cyracuz wrote:
eorl wrote:

This is ridiculous.

And what happens if you attempt to live with no food? The same thing that happens to the car if the tank is empty. It will not work.

But why can you fill your tank and a car can't?

Why can you feel the pain of a dry stomach, or the road under your fubber, when the car cannot?

The questions may sound stupid, but I'd be grateful if you'd just humor me.

The same thing that happens to a spirit without worship.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 12:50 pm
fresco wrote:
A life without spirituality is like a piano without a pianist.

A pianist without music.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 12:50 pm
That is a completely unwarranted contention--it is a statement from authority, and no one here has any reason to consider you an authority on spirits.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 12:53 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
snood wrote:

Not sure if you are addressing me, Snood...

...but nothing said here leads to "...you know life is unaffected by spirits or spirituality."

I have NO IDEA if there is a spirit component to the REALITY of existence. There is absolutely no way I can know. There is no more reason for me to suppose there is none...than that there definitely is.

And as I mentioned earlier...I am wrestling with something at the moment that lends itself at least as much to "an unusual explanation"...as any explanation in the norm.

You must believe, receive and operate the spirit to know it in reality.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 12:54 pm
Setanta wrote:
That is a completely unwarranted contention--it is a statement from authority, and no one here has any reason to consider you an authority on spirits.

I have the authority of God through Jesus Christ.

By what authority do you speak?

2Co 5:19
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 12:57 pm
RexRed wrote:
Setanta wrote:

And once again for the readers pleasure we have a holy trinity of Mr Red/his god and jesus christ. All we need now is an angel. Any volunteers?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 12:58 pm
I have no reason to consider Corinthians authority for anything, and no reason to consider you to be an authority on the epistles of Paul and their meaning.

I'm not making statements from authority about spirits--so there is no reason to question an authority i haven't claimed.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 01:00 pm
dyslexia wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Setanta wrote:

And once again for the readers pleasure we have a holy trinity of Mr Red/his god and jesus christ. All we need now is an angel. Any volunteers?

Jealousy is not very becoming of you.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 01:01 pm
Setanta wrote:
I have no reason to consider Corinthians authority for anything, and no reason to consider you to be an authority on the epistles of Paul and their meaning.

I'm not making statements from authority about spirits--so there is no reason to question an authority i haven't claimed.

And I have even much less reason to consider YOU an authority...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 01:05 pm
Set you can question ANYTHING I say.

But mostly you simply insult and give no reasoning just opposition without reason.

"That and a dime will get you a bad cup of coffee."
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 01:08 pm
I believe you are upset with me because actually Frank and I see the OT God the same exact way... (Frank may not even realize this)
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 01:14 pm
Mr Red, I have just come inside from my back yard, I was pulling weeds but it is now getting too hot to continue. At any rate, while pulling weeds I gave serious consideration to your dilema and might have found something that will help you with your problem. First, I think you really need a new raincoat, Second you could use a brand new pair of shoes and as long as your shopping see if anyone carries humility in your size.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 01:20 pm
Rex,

Have you considered that your "NT God" might be dependent on your "OT God" for its meaning by contrast, in exactly the same way that post-Freudians owed their existence to Freud ?

Please note, I have no interest in the details pro or con, but any genuine enquirer should be aware of the possible status of his axioms,
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 01:24 pm
I see the OT God as a brutal murderous killer of the innocent by crude law and judgment.

A cartoon God that frightens three year olds.

I see a torturous God who was worse on his people than any of the Pharaohs of Egypt.

A barbaric blood thirsty God who as a whole has shown every dictator and tyrant king up in brutality then has ever lived in history.

YET, I also se a God in the old testament who is a DELIVERER.

But what separates Frank and I is that I know why the OT looks the way it does.

I DO know the spirit. I have discerned the truth with it and I have seen the one true God.

I know this God intimately and I walk with this God in perfect prayer and understanding.

I share this wisdom of God with those who have ears to hear and eyes to see.

They don't easily see down great dividing line defining between soul and spirit. Just as they don't see the God of love and the false god of death.

Where we leave behind our mortality and become immortal.
0 Replies