RexRed

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 01:28 pm
fresco wrote:
Rex,

Have you considered that your "NT God" might be dependent on your "OT God" for its meaning by contrast, in exactly the same way that post-Freudians owed their existence to Freud ?

Please note, I have no interest in the details pro or con, but any genuine enquirer should be aware of the possible status of his axioms,

Not if the OT God was somehow mixed (with good and evil) in (spiritual) perception and was actually TWO Gods or Lords instead...

And if the NT "spirit" is needed to discern the difference.

1Co 13:12
For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 02:07 pm
There is much to know about God as there is much to know about science.

The Bible seems to jump all over the place on what it is teaching and the basics of spirituality are often overlooked for esoteric interests.

That is like trying to invent lasers before you invent the wheel.

Understanding the spirit is like that.

There are levels of understanding.

Beginning, intermediate and advanced levels.

But all levels should begin at the fundamentals.

Like body, soul and spirit.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 02:30 pm
RexRed wrote:

The Bible seems to jump all over the place on what it is teaching and the basics of spirituality are often overlooked for esoteric interests.

FRUITCAKE. Yes, for some reason FRUITCAKE suddently came to mind. And LOONS. I don't normally like FRUITCAKE and I haven't heard the call of the common LOON lately, but maybe tonight I will sit by the lake, listen to the LOONS and eat FRUITCAKE. Life is very entertaining with FRUITCAKE and LOONS.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 08:02 pm
rosborne979 wrote:
RexRed wrote:

FRUITCAKE. Yes, for some reason FRUITCAKE suddently came to mind. And LOONS. I don't normally like FRUITCAKE and I haven't heard the call of the common LOON lately, but maybe tonight I will sit by the lake, listen to the LOONS and eat FRUITCAKE. Life is very entertaining with FRUITCAKE and LOONS.

Ros you are WRONG too and you have no scripture to prove me wrong or back up anything you are saying, BIBLICALLY. So who is the cake with dried pieces of fruit? YOU are... You are the loony one who thinks Biblical arguments are won by opinion alone. They are won by who can back up their opposition scripturally.

Right now the score is several hundred to Six (let's not forget Franks six scriptures). Nothing is your score because you call my position wild but you have no scriptural reference to hold against it.

Even the people who know the Bible like I do are not using the scriptures to prove me wrong. This should tell you how LOONY you are for opposing me if they are not.

So you can glory in your own idiocy but that is EXACTLY what it is, IDIOCY.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 08:05 pm
Sciences whole premise is the God of the OT is barbaric.

When I take that argument away by saying there are TWO Gods of the OT posing as one...

Well science becomes barbaric. This tells me I am on to something.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 08:12 pm
The god of the O(ff) T(opic) is barbaric indeed Smile
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 09:35 pm
RexRed wrote:
Ros you are WRONG too and you have no scripture to prove me wrong or back up anything you are saying, BIBLICALLY.

No Rex, I'm not wrong. Scripture doesn't prove anything Rex. The Bible doesn't prove anything. It's all just stories. The Bible can't even back itself up Biblically, it's riddled with contradictions and blatent distortions of reality. All you have are your own feelings and your own interpretation of the selected pieces which "speak" to you, with which to build your world. And I'm not particularly interested in that world, other than as a psychiatric curiosity.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 09:46 pm
RexRed wrote:
Sciences whole premise is the God of the OT is barbaric.

Science has a premise....?

about a God....?

the god of half a book....?

and sciences premise about this god is a moral judgement about that god's behaviour.....?

OK I get it....one of these words doesn't belong in this sentence....the word SCIENCES.

(Pass the nuts please Ros....I'll put them in this bag....)
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 18 Jul, 2006 03:14 am
The ONLY god I am talking about in any of these posts, Rex...

...THE GOD JESUS WORSHIPPED.

As far as I am concerned, that is the ONLY god of the Bible.

You have so much trouble with that concept you simply ignore it.

WE ARE DISCUSSING THE GOD JESUS WORSHIPPED, Rex. THE GOD JESUS WORSHIPPED. THE GOD JESUS IS QUOTED AS CALLING "FATHER."

I say THAT GOD is all of the things I have used to describe it...

...and none of the things you say it is.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 18 Jul, 2006 10:04 am
Frank Apisa wrote:

WE ARE DISCUSSING THE GOD JESUS WORSHIPPED, Rex. THE GOD JESUS WORSHIPPED. THE GOD JESUS IS QUOTED AS CALLING "FATHER."

Jesus was born under the LAW Frank. He fulfilled the law.

The new testament doesn't begin until the day of Pentecost. That is after the death and resurrection of Jesus and the works of Jesus are manifested upon humanity.

You need to go beyond the life, death and resurrection of Christ Jesus to find the new birth/testament of the holy spirit within.

The new birth did not come until after the works of Jesus were accomplished in the grave. Jesus our redeemer was judged by the Law and found sinless. Jesus was able to discern spirits of the OT GODS.

Frank it seems I get you out of the OT from you being stuck, only for you to become then stuck in the same LAW of the Gospels which are STILL the OT.

The only way for you to understand the new birth is to read the NEW testament which begins AFTER the Gospels. (translator's error)

Many GREAT Biblical scholars became bogged down in the Gospels in their lifetime and never ventured beyond to find the joyous new birth of the Epistles of God revealed through the apostle Paul. This is why religion is so messed up. Not only the life of Jesus Christ but the death and resurrection of Christ Jesus accomplished things for the church. These accomplishments were not revealed to the world until AFTER the Gospels. In fact even Jesus Christ himself did not know of the new birth to come.

Paul wrote the Epistles by way of the new spirit obtained through the new birth of the NEW testament.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 18 Jul, 2006 10:12 am
Actually it helps to know we are not dealing with a christian here in Mr Red and that we simply dealing with another pauline.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 18 Jul, 2006 10:51 am
RexRed wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

The new testament doesn't begin until the day of Pentecost. That is after the death and resurrection of Jesus and the works of Jesus are manifested upon humanity.

You need to go beyond the life, death and resurrection of Christ Jesus to find the new birth/testament of the holy spirit within.

The new birth did not come until after the works of Jesus were accomplished in the grave. Jesus our redeemer was judged by the Law and found sinless. Jesus was able to discern spirits of the OT GODS.

Frank it seems I get you out of the OT from you being stuck, only for you to become then stuck in the same LAW of the Gospels which are STILL the OT.

The only way for you to understand the new birth is to read the NEW testament which begins AFTER the Gospels. (translator's error)

Many GREAT Biblical scholars became bogged down in the Gospels in their lifetime and never ventured beyond to find the joyous new birth of the Epistles of God revealed through the apostle Paul. This is why religion is so messed up. Not only the life of Jesus Christ but the death and resurrection of Christ Jesus accomplished things for the church. These accomplishments were not revealed to the world until AFTER the Gospels. In fact even Jesus Christ himself did not know of the new birth to come.

Paul wrote the Epistles by way of the new spirit obtained through the new birth of the NEW testament.

Hello, Rex.

Hello....hello.

I said the god I am talking about when I speak of the jealous, vindictive, vengeful, murderous, barbaric, petty piece of shyt that is known as "the god of the Bible"...

...I AM SPEAKING OF THE GOD JESUS WORSHIPPED.

THE GOD JESUS WORSHIPPED, Rex.

The god Jesus called "Our Father."

Try to get your head out of your ass long enough to deal with that.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 11:59 am
What pagan Rome did to the Christians (and Christianity in general).

Could that be indicative to what a life without TRUE spirituality can be like?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 12:04 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

Hello, Rex.

Hello....hello.

I said the god I am talking about when I speak of the jealous, vindictive, vengeful, murderous, barbaric, petty piece of shyt that is known as "the god of the Bible"...

...I AM SPEAKING OF THE GOD JESUS WORSHIPPED.

THE GOD JESUS WORSHIPPED, Rex.

The god Jesus called "Our Father."

Try to get your head out of your ass long enough to deal with that.

Frank,

Jesus referred to God lovingly as father and God, not butcher. Jesus did not find reproach in God so why do you? Answer: Jesus could discern the TWO Gods... You seem to have a short circuit somewhere Frank. It starts by flicking on a switch.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 12:08 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Actually it helps to know we are not dealing with a christian here in Mr Red and that we simply dealing with another pauline.

Pauline Christian Moslem Jew, I am all of them, wherever there is truth.

John 4:24
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 12:22 pm
RexRed wrote:

Frank,

Jesus referred to God lovingly as father and God, not butcher. Jesus did not find reproach in God so why do you?[/quote]

Well, one possible answer is that Jesus may have decided to teach a lesson well worth teaching about love, compassion, forgiveness, and understanding...all traits the god he "worshipped" lacked.

He may have realized that calling a spade a spade...in this instance...would more likely get him killed than help him with his mission.

Quote:
Answer: Jesus could discern the TWO Gods...

Interesting guess...but more than likely wrong.

Quote:
You seem to have a short circuit somewhere Frank. It starts by flicking on a switch.

There is a short circuit in this discussion, Rex. But you are the one who has to flip a switch.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 12:23 pm
RexRed wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

"If a man has a stubborn and unruly son who will not listen to
his father or mother, and will not obey them even though they
chastise him, his father and mother shall have him apprehended
and brought out to the elders at the gate of his home city, where
...his fellow citizens shall stone him to death." Deuteronomy 22:18ff
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 12:25 pm
RexRed wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

crapola, wherever there is truth you shall not find Mr Red for he is hidden in the smoke and ashes of ago of hell fire and damnation, a god of paul. You will never find Mr Red in the beatitudes of jesus. Mr Red walks (in his mind) with the tritinity as if he was the third leg.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 12:37 pm
dyslexia wrote:
RexRed wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

crapola, wherever there is truth you shall not find Mr Red for he is hidden in the smoke and ashes of ago of hell fire and damnation, a god of paul. You will never find Mr Red in the beatitudes of jesus. Mr Red walks (in his mind) with the tritinity as if he was the third leg.

Can you imagine one of these American Christian conservatives reading the beatitudes of Jesus out loud!

The fact that some can do it...and not choke to death on the words...is proof positive that hyprocrisy does not disable a person physically.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 12:49 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
RexRed wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

"If a man has a stubborn and unruly son who will not listen to
his father or mother, and will not obey them even though they
chastise him, his father and mother shall have him apprehended
and brought out to the elders at the gate of his home city, where
...his fellow citizens shall stone him to death." Deuteronomy 22:18ff

In the USA only a few years back the "elders at the gate" used to put teens on death row. Now they only clog up the prisons with them and the tax payers pay for teens to live a lifelong sentence in spite of the fact that other innocents died as a result of their heinous crimes.

Do I need to start listing some of these teens in jail?

Remember the DC sniper Frank?

How about some vivid accounts of their crimes here?

Did one kid beat his mother to death with a tire iron?

You should spend a day observing the proceedings in juvenile criminal court sometime Frank.

Teens can be "unruly" too.

Broken record, dead horse Frank.

Laws are to protect people not kill INNOCENT people.

Sometime laws need to be extreme to deter certain behaviors.

There are times when laws are not free because of the VARIABLE (as opposed to fixed) dangers that are imposed upon or within a culture.

Once those dangers are removed then freedoms can flourish again.

It is called marshal law. I believe the OT was under this sort of condition. Where the NT is NOT.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martial_law
0 Replies