A Smart Person Can Survive In Spite of Doctors.

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 03:23 pm
Yes, JW is right on!

I mean, I don't go to doctors, if I have a health problem, I just ask what it is on the internet, like here on A2K.

And someone better tell these stupid docs to stop trying to slow the spread of HIV with medication, when they can just get some sweet vitamins at Vitamin World or GNC.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 03:26 pm
Cure for HIV? Go rub a glass ball in the moonlight, on a Jan morning in Maine. Razz
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 03:29 pm
Didn't need the two here, Miller, and yes, I have heard horror tales other than my own about health care in Florida.

Ok, I'll quit now.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 03:31 pm
Something tells me to avoid hospitalization in the State of Florida. Razz Razz Razz
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 03:45 pm
Miller wrote:
Cure for HIV? Go rub a glass ball in the moonlight, on a Jan morning in Maine. Razz

No, no no... I mean how drugs help supress the spread in the body.

But that's all bullcrap. Vitamin C and positive thinking helps build your immune system, you don't need no medicine if you're dying. Besides, doctors just put poison in their medicines anyway.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 03:47 pm
For that matter, why call 911 then, if you're in crises? Cool
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 03:56 pm
I agree. Because you know they're just going to kill you on the ambulance ride to the hospital, or what I call "house of murderers."

If you think you need 911, you're much better off drinking some green tea and thinking happy thoughts.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 10:39 am
why dont' they make a senior mint? \

Because they are too sour.

As far as medical care in Florida - I can only state one opinion from my brother. He was a traveling nurse and at one point worked in a Florida hospital. Previously he worked at one of our esteemed hospitals here in Boston. He hated it. He complained about how cheap they were nickel and diming people - instead of charging by room/treatment they would charge you an arm and leg for a bandage, advil, etc. My brother would frequently give patients these items and not record them because he felt they were taking such advantage of them.

Also, he couldn't stand the doctors. In one case, my brother was questioning the medication - it didn't seem the right dosage - so instead of simply giving the dosage which seemed incorrect he had the audacity to call the doctor at home to ensure the patient received the correct medication and dosage. The doctor yelled at him about disturbing him and seemed to have no concern regarding the patient.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 12:04 pm
As usual, I can see it both ways.

Personally, I've been almost killed by doctors. And at other times, they have quite literally saved my life.

Once I had to refuse medication, get myself dressed and drag myself out of a hospital because I knew they were treating my pneumonia all wrong.

On the other hand, I once had a doctor correctly diagnose acute appendicitis and convince me to have immediate surgery when I thought I'd just eaten some bad Chinese food. So much for "knowing your own body."

Another time, I had a doctor insist that a swelling on my throat was NOT just a result of my baby grabbing me there. He called me repeatedly at home to insist that I follow through, and sure enough, it turned out I had thyroid cancer. I would be dead by now if I'd followed my own instincts then.

I agree with Letty's statement that medicine is an art, not a science. I thank God that I've been able to find some good artists when I really needed them, or I would not be here today.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 12:10 pm
I've seen reports of doctors messing up or leaving instruments behind, too, so I can see both sides to a degree. But there is at least one doctor out there that will forever have my gratitude and respect. He is the one that saw I had a problem with alcohol and got me the help I needed that, frankly, saved my life. I am in that man's debt forever.
I tend to side with the "doctors are good" crowd.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 12:32 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
They once wanted to replace my brain with an ear of corn.
How bloody stupid. Everyone knows (including most doctors) that wheat cant hear. Did they offer alternatives? Potatoe, aubergine? etc.?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 12:40 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
Chai Tea wrote:
They once wanted to replace my brain with an ear of corn.
How bloody stupid. Everyone knows (including most doctors) that wheat cant hear. Did they offer alternatives? Potatoe, aubergine? etc.?

talk into my ear of corn....I can't hear you.....

did you say something about wheat?

I'm gonna get them to put some potato eyes in next.

and some big casaba melons to replace my....oh, never mind.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 12:52 pm
ok potato...you know I just knew potatoe was...well wrong

I'll go for a vegetable roll with you anyday

Are you following football? Thats soccer...

most amusing
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 01:38 pm
ooooo.....

my husband and I took a newly married young couple out to dinner the other night....They're young and starting out, don't really have a lot, so we figured we'd take them to a steak place. Nothing says congratulations like a big hunk of meat.

Anyway, the waiter I guess thought he was supposed become bonded with us, and immediately started sputtering something about. Best Tuesday, something about the month...guess what it is....

Well, my minds on ordering a blooming onion, so I said something intelligent like "Huh?" He asked me if I wanted to guess, so since I'm obviously the bitch of the group, I said "no", wondering when I'd be allowed to order some deep fried vegetables.

He said something about a cup, and one of my companions said "world cup?" in a vague way.

I thought it had something to do with yachting, or sailing or something like that, honestly....

I still couldn't see what this had to do with anything, like maybe if we'd guessed right drinks were on the house.

Do you brits have the expression "Deer in the headlight look"?

http://www.nas.com/c4m/deer_in_headlights.4.jpg

http://www.spatcave.com/Dragon04/mDSC02733.jpg
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 09:36 am
<bm>
0 Replies