A Smart Person Can Survive In Spite of Doctors.

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 11:40 pm
Young people are at a distinct advantage. I well recall how for many years I believed a doctor was among the wisest people on Earth. Well of course that is not true, especially today with all the waivers granted to people in order to conform to social progress if you know what I mean.

I was diagnosed with five(5) "growths" on my liver several years ago after having both a sonogram and an MRI. I felt fine but those growths were there. Doctors wanted to draw marrow from my spine with a needle for a biopsy to see if I had cancer. I refused because the spine is basically a closed system. Once you let someone jab a needle into it? Sayonara closed system.

They were both shocked that I declined. I looked them straight in the eye and said: "I feel fine, you people have run many blood tests on me. If that is not enough for you to work with? Sayonara."

No, the biggest mistake old people can make is blissfully allow their doctor to be "right" all the time. You would be surprised just how many neighbors I have with plastic knees and hip sockets; painful operations because their doctor decided they should do it. I am not a Christian Scientist. I am a Catholic but I would never willingly allow a blood transfusion. I would have to be in an auto wreck unconscious and someone would do it without my knowing. What can possibly be more filthy than have crap that his been flowing through another person's body for God only knows how long, and pumping it into your veins. Do you realize how barbaric that is? You have no idea what germs are in that blood. I know they "test" it but what do they really know?

Same thing with a hip job or a knee job. Do you realize that for at least momentarily your leg is cut clean off as a result of those types of operations? I will not even tell you what I think about heart "bypass" surgery. Totally disgusting.

If you feel lousy see an internist and have her fix you up with pills. Get some exercise, eat, do something but you don't want to talk to a doctor too long because he will think of something you don't really need just to make a few bucks.

Years back I used to run Marathons. We had a saying: "Listen to your body." Do that, listen to your body because it will provide you with better advice than one of today's "affirmative action" graduates of medical school.

Don't be hasty. Don't rush into any serious business simply because a doctor suggests it. I am living proof that good can come from ignoring doctors. I am not only extremely healthy but happy as well.

Just don't be a fool. :wink:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,448 • Replies: 54
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 05:04 am
No. Your leg is not cut off when you have a hip replacement. Same thing with a knee replacement.

I agree that agreeing blindly to everything without doing research is just plain dumb. These days, information is readily available and so it pays to be informed before consenting. But that does not mean that consenting is never good, and be aware of the information that's out there, the agenda of the person providing it and their expertise.

Cut the leg off in order to replace the knee? Snork.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 06:46 am
I hear they play "catch" during those bypass operations.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 06:51 am
Sometimes they leave things like candy wrappers and cigarette butts inside of your body before they stitch you back up.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 07:06 am
They once wanted to replace my brain with an ear of corn.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 07:12 am
I would have thought cauliflower.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 07:13 am
Chai Tea wrote:

I thought you said you let them do that one??
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 07:15 am
Brainsssss.....

Oops. That's a zombie.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 07:18 am
Green Witch wrote:
Chai Tea wrote:

I thought you said you let them do that one??

Well....I didn't want to say, but at the last minute I changed my mind, and had them put it up my rectum.

Now my head is full of mentos and diet coke.

cauliflower! What's WRONG with you drew dad!?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 07:19 am
Brainssss.... My brainsss issss wrong....
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 07:19 am
You do know they suck a mummys brain aot through the nose before they wrap it.

ooohhhh that would explain a lot.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 07:21 am
did you see this video link.....

Mentos and Diet Coke
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 07:22 am
In 2000 years, just imagine the consternation when the corn cob is discovered....
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 07:25 am
I'm with you dadpad.

It's a money-making con game, most of the time.

L.M. Boyd said that most patients, and I think that percentage was about 80%, actually die from the cure, NOT from what ails them.

My sweetheart died from infection following two operations for cancer.

He did NOT die from cancer.

I will NEVER get over it.

What those surgeries did to him amounted to unspeakable horrors.

It would have been far better to let him go with cancer. At least his body had acclimated to what ailed him.

He never did "recover" from those surgeries. He was a wreck when he died and many months before that, too.

Doctors are always threatening that the "jaws of death are yawning" for you, so you better open up your pocket book AND your body.

Well, I've got a newsflash.

Eventually, the jaws of death are yawning for all of us.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 07:29 am
What about junior mints - like on Senfield.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 07:32 am
I think dadpad was responding to me dupre....

I'm very sorry for what you've gone through, however I would like to see the statistics that show 80% of people die from the "cure"

It's true, some doctors have a god complex, mistakes are made, infections occur and that's all very terrible.

However, when the patient and doctor are in partnership, chances are lives will be saved and or quality of life maintained or improved.

Again, condolences at your lose, and of course I don't know the complete sorry, but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 07:40 am
Hi. I can't find the quote.

Thank you for your kind words.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 07:40 am
oh re L.M. Boyd....I thought the name sounded familiar, and googled him....newspaper columnist who printed trivia, much of a humorous intent, such as.....there are 350 types of sharks, not including "loan" and "card".

ha. ha. ha.

Again dupre, I can understand your bitterness, but don't let that cloud your intelligence.

Are there medical con games? Sure.

are they ALL cons? - No.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 01:06 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
You're lucky, it was only once!
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 01:07 pm
Linkat wrote:
What about junior mints - like on Senfield.

why dont' they make a senior mint?
0 Replies