Central Florida A2K Lunch Date - Onyx, Letty, Phoenix, Panz

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2007 11:18 am
I remember once going on some kind of a land ride in the Everglades. It cost quite a bit, and you really did not see much.

I have been on an airboat ride in a state park near Sarasota many times. It is $10. (I haven't been on it lately, but it used to be 6 bucks). Really great, and the captain gives a great talk about the wildlife. I think that where this is (it would be great for me) is a bit far from where we were planning).

http://www.myakkariver.org/
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2007 11:22 am
BigDice found Coopertown. That looks kinda neat. We'll just see... I guess I will also ask the folks at the b&b what they recommend.

Letty, I read about the storms and am also worried about panzade. How about you? Everything ok?

Silver Springs - yes, I heard about that and the glass bottom boat sounded great. We will think about that!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2007 11:28 am
Coopertown is near Miami. That's over a four hours drive from where I live. I thought that you were talking about somewhere around Lake Okeechobee, which is nearer.

Where are you guys staying?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2007 11:29 am
I am fine, honey. Phoenix and I avoided the worst and all we got was heavy rain, thunder, and lightning.

Sent Panz an e-mail, but the last one that I sent was returned and he didn't respond to my PM, so I have no idea about him. He's probably all right, though.

I cannot plan the gathering this far in advance as my son is back in the hospital.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 3 Feb, 2007 08:16 am
oops...sorry letty
didn't get a pm and just got your e mail last night
I didn't even know there was a tornado...weird

Last night we played at a fishing resort in Clewiston...out in the tiki bar. It's pretty neat if you like to fish

http://www.rolandmartinmarina.com/images/tiki_g4.jpg

http://www.rolandmartinmarina.com/images/tiki_g8.jpg
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 3 Feb, 2007 10:12 am
Great pictures, panz. I didn't know about the tornados either until squinney asked us to check in and say that we were okay, then I realized how fortunate I was NOT to have known. <smile>

Just glad that you alive and well, and still performing, honey.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 4 Feb, 2007 05:13 am
Phoenix, Okeechobee it is! On March 17. We will be staying in Fort Lauderdale and drive around a bit. That's how we came up with Coopertown.

Letty, sorry to hear about your son. I do hope to see you in March!

And good to hear that all of you are fine and you didn't even know about the storms.

Panzade, that looks great. There are people in t-shirts and shorts! I want to be there!!!!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 4 Feb, 2007 01:03 pm
Oh boy...St Paddies day with Urs and Big Dice!!...everyone wear your greens :wink:
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 4 Feb, 2007 02:08 pm
Actually, I do look pretty good in green... Cool
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 06:25 am
you look good in sackcloth urs :wink:
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Wed 7 Feb, 2007 08:52 pm
She does, but I don't
I'll wear something floral or fishy, ok? Might be sumthing green in there...
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 07:55 am
Ok, I'm bumping this on now, cuz we're leaving tomorrow.
Anybody up for a St. Patrick Day celebration the 17th with Panzade and his band in Okechobee? The parade starts at ten in the morning apparently, and Pan the man will be playing later that evening. Me and urs are coming pretty early(gonna be along day!), and will stay the day.

Anyone?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 08:14 am
bigdice67 - I am sorry, but I will have to pass. My husband is having major league medical problems. In fact, we go to the surgeon tomorrow. I really don't know how anything is going to fall out yet, so I really don't want to make any committments, that will take me too far away from the house.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 08:16 am
That is understood, my dear! We hope all goes well. Keep in touch, ok?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 05:48 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
bigdice67 - I am sorry, but I will have to pass. My husband is having major league medical problems. In fact, we go to the surgeon tomorrow. I really don't know how anything is going to fall out yet, so I really don't want to make any committments, that will take me too far away from the house.

I'm sad to hear the news...we'll raise our glasses high in the hopes of a speedy recovery...
won't we Dicemnan?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 06:01 pm
Okeechobee!!

I used to live there, well, about 20 miles up in Fort Drum. Oh god...worst time of my life for many reasons.

Where are you playing?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 07:56 pm
It just don't seem right - Bigdice and Urs in the US, and I can't afford to make the trip this time.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2007 05:25 am
Went to the surgeon yesterday. Mr. P. is going in for pre-op on Friday, and is having gall bladder surgery on the following Tuesday. I need to hang around the house this weekend.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2007 06:20 am
ok phoenix...tell him no more fatty steaks
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2007 06:22 am
Fatty steaks??? I've been feeding him chopped up stews for the last two months. It has really been a bummer.................and his first gastro doc was less than no help! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies