A night for just my wife & I.

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 06:54 am
I'm new here, never done this before.......here we go.

Been married 12yrs, known/together 20 (hs sweethearts). 2 awsome kids and haven't been on "date" since Titantic came out(went to movie, then home to get kids). I feel like we are just roomates, sex 3 times/month +/- 3. When we do "it" I make sure she is "happy" first, then my turn. She doesn't act like she wants me most of the time, I'm always the one to initiate sex. I thought about taking kids to sisters house overnight, take wife to hotel w/honey moon suite, go out to eat, maybe movie, look at a new fridge(sad but needs done) and then to hotel for night of "fun". She probably won't want to, saying I just want to do it, but I wouldn't mind talking too, haven't "talked" for months it seams.

I hope you get the jist of this, and would like a woman's opinion. I am doing it for sex and a night alone for once. Am I selfish?

Thanks for the help, be as mean as you need to be.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,476 • Replies: 22
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 06:59 am
Hey Luckylad! Probably a little of both. It sounds like you miss your wife and just want the romance back that you had before. Nothing wrong with wanting some sexual spark.

Perhaps a night in with her is just what you need. You can romance her and woo her and make her remember how much you love her and what it used to be like. Sometimes I think we get in a rut and don't remember how good things used to be. I mean, we remember they used to be better but the details get fuzzy and we feel stuck in our current condition.

If the love is still there between you, romancing her should undoubtly lead to sex that night. A woman's "button" is in her head and her heart. Start there and her body will follow. :wink: Good luck!
0 Replies

LuckyLad

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 07:15 am
Another question.
Thanks Bella Dea. Do you, and everyone else, think I should ask her, or just set it all up and surprise her? Send flowers and a letter asking for her to meet me at the hotel? .........Well crap, if she knows its me she may not show! Embarrassed

Thanks again, this site is really nice to see and read. Many similar problems.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 07:20 am
Tell her you have a suprise for her. Check into the hotel in advance. Set up some strawberrys (if she likes them!) and champagne in the room. Set up an area on the bed for a massage..oil in the nightstand, towel on the bed so you don't ruin it, soft music playing. Have the lights dimmed. Blindfold her when she gets home and take her to the hotel. If she resists, promise her that she will enjoy it. Then begin your wooing. :wink: Massage followed by strawberries and champagne and a good talk. And then, if things go well, some lovin'.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 07:50 am
I agree with Bella.Make sure you have things to do and talk about when you are at the hotel.

If she gets there and isnt keen on things then there is obviously something goig on with the marriage that needs to be talked about.

Good luck.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 10:46 am
I think the surprise thing is great. But let her know in advance that you have a surprise and to make herself available Saturday (just in case she was planning on making cookies for the school bake sale or something). Surprise is very nice, but could put a twist in plans if it is too much a surprise.

I also think along with a nice hotel - is there a restaurant she has always wanted to try? Perferably one that doesn't have crayons. Is there a certain hotel that she likes or has noted is nice. Try to focus on things she likes or has wanted to do - maybe tickets to the ballet or something too. But don't make anything too late at night - so you have plenty of time alone together - An early ballet show - dinner delivered to the room would also be nice.

My husband surprised me with diamond earrings last V-Day. It wasn't that earrings themselves that so much surprised me and was appreciated - it was the thoughtfulness - I had several months before lost one and they were my favorite earrings. He took me out to a nice dinner (no crayons) and presented the gift. It was just so thoughtful that it really surprised me. It could have been a pair of army boots that were my favorites and I lost - the present an expense of it wasn't what was special - it was the recognition of my feelings.

Bella is right - you need to hit her heart and head.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 12:00 pm
LuckyLad,

Can you tell us 3 or 4 or 5 things she REALLY likes to do?

These ideas are great, but if she's not into some of it, she'll feel uncomfortable.

From what you know about her after all these years, what are a few things she would really be pleased about?

BTW, I would NOT include looking at a new refrigerator...take my word for it.

The best thing is the world is knowing someone took the time and thought to do something that's really special for you as an individual.

For instance, if someone gave me a diamond bracelet, I just wouldn't even know what to do with it. If I was given a balloon ride, I'd be speachless with joy.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 02:49 pm
Heads, hearts, strawberries, massages, balloon rides... why do you girls have to be so difficult... couldn't you just put out every once in awhile? :wink:
0 Replies

LuckyLad

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 03:10 pm
Great Ideas
Thanks for the tips. I told here we were takn' the kids to sisters house and she wanted to know why. Told her the plan, I think she was a bit nervous. The plan is this: dinner, movie, hotel with 2 person hot tub. Told her nothing expected, just to be alone and talk and anything else that may happen.

She was excited and very happy. Wanted to surprise her but she really wanted to know my plans.

Not going to look a appliances, never even brought it up. Just a night of fun.

Dinner...$50, Movie...$25, Hotel with hot tub in room....$105, first night alone with wife for 10+ years........................................................
.............................to be continued Cool :wink:
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 03:12 pm
oooooo.....this sounds like it's gonna be good......
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 03:14 pm
Re: Great Ideas
If I may?
LuckyLad wrote:
Dinner...$50, Movie...$25, Hotel with hot tub in room....$105, first night alone with wife for 10+ years......
Priceless.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 04:01 pm
Sounds like she really needs it too. I wouldn't doubt just not having the worry of the kids will help an awful lot. I know I always have an ear perked in case the kiddies wake up. My one daughter I refer to as the sidler because she sneaks up so silently you don't even realize she is there.

Hope you both get a well desired break and a wonderful date!
0 Replies

LuckyLad

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 06:15 pm
Tin man, if you don't mind me calling you that, I didn't use priceless because I just don't know yet. I know I'm excited, sex or not. Not everything a man does for a woman is for sex................................................................well crap that is 99% lie, but I still am excited. Mostly excited that she didn't crap all over my plans. Now, if I can just keep my foot out of my mouth and shut the hell up and let her talk while I listen Rolling Eyes I think that is what she really wants/needs, no talk about "Bratz", Star wars, PS2, Chutes & Ladders, Go fish, Old Maid...etc. I owe her that even if what she has to say puts me to sleep........a bottle of wine(or a 12 pack) and the hopes of getting lucky should help that out.

Thanks again guys/gals
Keep ideas going, it may help some other poor bastard out, like me Very Happy
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 07:44 pm
Awww....this thread is nice!

I don't know what wife&mother wouldn't like this. May I suggest you do this more often? Once every ten years really isn't enough!

I'm sure we can all give you more ideas if you need them.
0 Replies

LuckyLad

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 05:36 pm
Wanted to let everyone know how it went.............it was really nice. I didn't come on to her at all(tough for me) and she initiated "it" for the first time in a very long time. Got to talk alot, I even expressed my feelings! Shocked Only went out to eat then to hotel, very nice room, very nice meal. She talked alot about nothing and it didn't bother me one bit. Nice to here her talk w/out kids' input.

Will do this again, maybe every 3-4 months. We found out we both still love each other, I turn her on, and she turns me on.

This is what marriage is about...........and her orgasm that made the neighbors knock on the wall............PRICELESS!!!

I wish you all the best. Men, you need to swallow hard sometimes and let her know how you feel, the reward is sweet.

Thank you all for your input, as big or little it helped alot.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 05:39 pm
LuckyLad wrote:
Tin man, if you don't mind me calling you that

You can call me pretty much anything you like. Except "slamhole". Very Happy
I'm glad to hear it all went so well for you.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 05:41 pm
Oh, that is just so Great!

Well don't leave A2K, why not hang around and contribute to some of the other threads?

I'm really happy for your wife too...I'll bet she glowed. Cool
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 06:07 pm
Aw, Luckylad, you're a lucky lad! And a wise one too, to have done this. Good on ya.

And what the others say - stick around why wont you. You can give other people advice now Cool
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 06:24 pm
Loooooong siiiiigh!

Too, sweet. You know we're all hinting at our own husbands now, and many of them that don't visit A2K are wondering what the heck is going on. Very Happy

Personally, I can't imagine my own husband having the same control that you showed. Sometimes its just that the female wants to initiate but never gets a chance.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 06:52 am
Yeah!!!!

That's wonderful!!!!! Very Happy
0 Replies