Threats of rape.

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 06:09 am
I was at a lesbian bar the other day and some men came in and started to talk to me.Men often come in because they like upsetting the lesbians.I didn't want their attention but they started to say obsene things to me like he was going to cum on my face and he was going to make me scream so hard.I quickly walked away but as I got out of the bar to go home he grabbed me and said if he ever saw me again he and his friends would rape me.I was terrified and ran back home.I know this is a difficult thing to ask but do you think he was being serious and was thinking of raping me or was it all talk?I can't stay away from him if he lives in the area.Should I tell the police or was it not serious enough?My girlfriend says that if he was going to rape me he would have done it there and then.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,635 • Replies: 25
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 06:18 am
I would go to the police. Where do you live? In the US you can take out an "order of protection" from this man. With it, if the man even comes near you, he can be arrested.The fact that you are a lesbian should have no bearing on this. The man threatened to rape you, for goodness sake!
0 Replies

prettyrussian

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 06:26 am
But I thought maybe he was just playing out some king of weird fantasy to upset a lesbian but had no intention of ever doing anything.I live in the U.K but there is a very similar thing there.Only problem is I am scared to go out at all now in the dark.I will think about what you have said.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 06:29 am
prettyrussian wrote:
But I thought maybe he was just playing out some king of weird fantasy to upset a lesbian but had no intention of ever doing anything.I live in the U.K but there is a very similar thing there.Only problem is I am scared to go out at all now in the dark.I will think about what you have said.

I don't care what his motivation was, but look at the result! Because of his behavior, he has made you fearful. You should not have to live in fear.
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 06:41 am
Go to the police and report the threat. It's the sensible thing to do. If he was just playing the braggart, there is no harm done. If he has plans to make true on his words, your case is that much stronger. If the man threatened to rape you, and then raped you at a later time, it is clear the crime was premeditated and planned, or however you call it in legalese.

Further on, I would only go to that bar for a while with friends accompanying you. Or, if such is impossible, either avoid the place or, if there, call a cab and let him drive you home.
I always thought carrying mace or some other spray would be a sensible thing, but with the current police attitude on unecessary violence, this could cause you more harm than good. But that is a decision to make for yourself of course.
Also, avoid the man as much as you can. I have no idea how you should act if he confronts you again, since it depends on his character. If you refuse to be intimidated and show some backbone, that might scare him off, or it could infuriate him. If you ignore him, the same thing could happen.

Hope this helps.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 07:22 am
Go to the police and also tell the manager of the place you were in.
It may not be only you that he is threatening.
Maybe see if they have CCTV installed or will agree to get it installed.

I think the guy was just trying to look 'big' infront of his friends.I doubt he would even have spoken to you if he was on his own so try not to worry yourself.

Some men are like that.
0 Replies

prettyrussian

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 08:20 am
Thanks everyone.I was actually at the bar with friends but for just those few moments I was left on my own at the bar part of the nightclub.I don't often go to lesbian bars I don't like the places at all but it was just this time I went.I think he was just trying to look big but when he was saying the sexually explicit things to me he was on his own, his friends were outside waiting for him.I find it strange but I shall consider going to the police.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 08:49 am
If he was on his own when he said it he seems to be more of a threat.You need to tell the police/manager of the bar.
If guys say things like that to you again, try not to react to it.The threat is innocent but most of them get off on the reaction it causes.
Maybe he felt threatened by your sexuality and that was his sick way of saying 'Im gona make you into a woman'.
0 Replies

prettyrussian

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 09:05 am
Yeah.I have realised that the best thing is not to react because some men get some sexual thrill out of upsetting lesbians.I didn't say anything but just walked out of the bar hoping that he would not follow.But of course he did.I hope everything will be O.K now but it was scary.I am not sure but I think it is the same man that once said that he was going to get me pregnant.He looked about the same height but can't say for sure.That was just as bad.He said it would be great to have a little one of him inside me.He is a weirdo who seems to fantasise me.He spoke with an educated accent which is unusual.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 09:09 am
Definate freak.
Tell the authorities.

Even better get a picture of him on your mobile then go to the police with it.

Dont worry, just go places with a group of friends.
0 Replies

prettyrussian

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 09:24 am
You are so sweet materialgirl.Very kind.Actually that goes for everyone who has answered my question.I am going to the police tommorow and won't go out until then.Thanks everyone!You're all lovely!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 09:27 am
Go out if you want, dont be a prisoner in your own home.
Thanks what w*nkers like this guy wants.

Just go out with frinds.
A way to defend yourself is to have a spray perfume in your coat pocket,keep yuor hand on it while your walking about, its perfectly legal to have on you and can be used to blind attackers.
Also place your keys betwen each of yuor fingers then close your hand into a fist, the keys will stick out (think Wolverine) and will leave a mighty scar on any attacker.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 09:38 am
Check your local laws. You may be able to carry mace or a stun gun, if the police don't feel there is any call for looking into this. Hopefully you won't have to use either - but if you do, few things cause someone to stop and think about their actions as well as someone brandishing instant blinding pain or a device that can deliver 50,000 and possibly cause them to lose bladder control.
This may be a little extreme, and your best bet probably is the police/friends combination, but it could do in a pinch.
0 Replies

prettyrussian

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 09:54 am
I think you will agree it is rediculous that I should have to do that.However you are right.I will think of some ways to protect myself and than contact the police.Thanks everyone.Hope he stays away now.
0 Replies

prettyrussian

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 09:56 am
Love the keys idea.That would teach him at the moment he thinks I am a weak lesbian I will show him!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 06:51 pm
Which one of the prettyrussians are you?
0 Replies

prettyrussian

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 04:40 am
I am Svetlana.The quietest one.I am the one who logged in with this username first before all the others stole it.
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 06:42 am
I think there is a UK law which covers this threat, in the same way that a racist threat would be taken seriously. I advise you to speak to the Police and find out if you have a specific case to report and (at least) get some advice on what to do in future.

You would probably be best to speak with a female police officer. While the UK is a pretty tolerant place in general, male policemen are not widely known for their progressive attitudes. Of course that's a generalisation but it's been documented in matters of race...

Very sorry to hear about your experience.

KP
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 07:25 am
prettyrussian wrote:
I am Svetlana.The quietest one.I am the one who logged in with this username first before all the others stole it.

In another thread, you claim that six Russian lesbians decided to use this member ID as a convenience, to avoid the necessity of setting up separate accounts. Here, you claim that others "stole it." Given that you can't keep your stories straight, i submit that you are lying, and only come here to get attention. Futher, i submit that you made up this story about several people using the same member account because you could no longer keep your lies straight.
0 Replies

prettyrussian

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 07:43 am
I was joking.Of course they didn't steal it.I meant they all took it aswell.It is just another way of saying that.You can't steal someone else's username.
0 Replies