Heads Up!

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 02:34 am
That is one of my pet peeves too. We've found a workaround for that if you're willing to work at it a bit.

Next time you're in a very long, multiple-paged thread, Click on the thread title at the top of the page you are currently on. For this thread, you'd click on the words Heads Up! Now look in your browser's address space where you type in the website address to visit.

Notice there are several words and numbers in that address? The number right after the word start=is the current page number with a zero after it. If you're on page 262, it will say start=2620. If you want to go back to page 145, replace the 262 with 145.

You can keep changing the number up there to bounce around to various sections of the long thread.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 02:41 am
There are 18 pages help section which might answer a lot of questions ... this is thought to be for announcements ... and you can of course ask via the "contact us" (at the bottom of the page). :wink:
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 05:44 am
Butrflynet wrote:
Notice there are several words and numbers in that address? The number right after the word start=is the current page number with a zero after it. If you're on page 262, it will say start=2620. If you want to go back to page 145, replace the 262 with 145.

you're close, but that's not exactly it.

the URL at the top of this page (p.15) is
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=75522&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=140

there are 10 posts per page.
so, 10 posts on 14 total pages (10x14=140).

to get to, say, page 7 of this topic, you would change the "140" to "60" (10 posts x 6 pages = 60)
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 05:56 am
I get a different url after clicking on the thread title at the top of the page. I've been changing the number after the word START to the page number I want to jump to. Seems to work every time.

Maybe the post count per page method is for when you don't first click on the thread title.

Here's the url I speak of for this thread. Notice the 140? That's page 14 of this thread.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=75522&start=140&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Actually, I just looked at your post again. We're saying the same thing, except you are counting posts per page which is the same thing as what I'm explaining (I think) until the number of posts per page changes with the new A2K version. It's the page number followed by a zero.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 07:53 am
Thanks, Walter.

We are trying to keep this topic as an Announcement. Help requests can, of course, go in the Forum Help forum. Smile
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 08:37 am
Heads up
Tryingtohelp has asked a question that's been bothering me for a while. It would really be great if we could go skip ahead - or back, as the case may be - instead of going to site 1, site 2, site 3...trying to reach #75 of 186 posts.

Right now I'm involved in a really long thread, and would like to be able to turn back to stuff in the middle without going through every page.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 12:28 pm
Re: Heads up
Tomkitten wrote:
Right now I'm involved in a really long thread, and would like to be able to turn back to stuff in the middle without going through every page.

See this earlier post, TK -
[url=http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2406607#2406607]Region Philbis[/url] wrote:
Butrflynet wrote:

you're close, but that's not exactly it.

the URL at the top of this page (p.15) is
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=75522&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=140

there are 10 posts per page.
so, 10 posts on 14 total pages (10x14=140).

to get to, say, page 7 of this topic, you would change the "140" to "60" (10 posts x 6 pages = 60)

Another tool you can use is the Search feature available at the top of every page - if you can recall a distinctive keyword or 2 from the post you wish to access, enter it and do a search-by-post - I find that method quite handy. You can even narrow down the search parameter to just a specific forum if you wish.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 01:51 am
Iv'e been training.

And i'm ready for the ultimate computer showdown.
0 Replies