Heads Up!

ossobuco

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 10:31 pm
Reyn, I tried chess around the time of Fischer Spasky, however you spell those, following the matches. I don't have the correct brain for the game..
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 10:37 pm
ossobuco wrote:
And what does henweigh mean?

Reyn, maybe you should re-phrase your question......

What's a henweigh?

A henweigh is exactly the same as a piecost.
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 10:39 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Drat!
You were supposed to ask 'whats a henweigh' ... then I come back with 'oh a nice broiler will go two ... two and a half pounds'... never mind.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 10:41 pm
Why did I say Reyn?..I meant Osso. Too early on the morning for me.
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 10:42 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
ossobuco wrote:

Reyn, maybe you should re-phrase your question......

What's a henweigh?

A henweigh is exactly the same as a piecost.

Whats a piecost?

BTW whats a Greek urn?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 10:46 pm
What'a a piecost? A large fruit one costs about £3 over here.

Matadear.

What's a matterdear? Well, I have this ache in my lower back.
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 10:52 pm
Grudgekey .... key to the garage

Please, someone stop me
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 04:17 am
Uh, ladies and gentlemen, people are reading this topic in order to get information. Know what I mean?

And, you don't need to type "bookmark" in order to get updates just click "Turn on email updates" in the lower right corner of any page of this topic.
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2006 02:52 pm
what's a spoil sport?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2006 03:38 pm
jespah wrote:
Uh, ladies and gentlemen, people are reading this topic in order to get information. Know what I mean?

And, you don't need to type "bookmark" in order to get updates just click "Turn on email updates" in the lower right corner of any page of this topic.

But bookmark is more convenient than email updates. I like having threads that interest me on the "your posts" list. I don't like getting emails (about anything).

I guess this is a suggestion, it would be neat if you could add a bookmark without getting emails. A bookmark might should put the page into the egosearch, or you might could have a link that would return all "bookmarked" pages with the pages you have posted to.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 11:30 am
jespah wrote:

I don't want e-mail updates either. If I want to follow an interesting thread, a 'bookmark' calls it up when I click on "my posts" and I can see immediately if there has been any recent activity. E-mail notifications are a royal pain. On another board I participate on, e-mail notifications are automatic when you're following a thread and you can't turn them off. I had to create a whole new e-mail address to take the dozens and dozens of e-mail notifications every day adding up to hundreds, each one looking just like the last. Let's don't do that on A2K.

I do like e-mail notifications for PM's though.
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 02:02 pm
To voice an opposing preference, I like email notifications - as long as there is just one per thread.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 05:06 pm
Foxfyre wrote:

On another board I participate on, e-mail notifications are automatic when you're following a thread and you can't turn them off. I had to create a whole new e-mail address to take the dozens and dozens of e-mail notifications every day adding up to hundreds, each one looking just like the last. ....

We don't do that. You only get an email notification once on a topic, until you go back into the topic (so long as you are signed in). Send a note to the Help Desk if, for any reason, it's not working that way. That is the way the software here is supposed to work.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 06:26 pm
jespah wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:

On another board I participate on, e-mail notifications are automatic when you're following a thread and you can't turn them off. I had to create a whole new e-mail address to take the dozens and dozens of e-mail notifications every day adding up to hundreds, each one looking just like the last. ....

We don't do that. You only get an email notification once on a topic, until you go back into the topic (so long as you are signed in). Send a note to the Help Desk if, for any reason, it's not working that way. That is the way the software here is supposed to work.

I don't know how it works at all since I don't get e-mail notifications at all. And that's just fine with me. I don't think one e-mail notification per thread would be burdensome, however, though I don't think it would really be useful for me either. I just don't want a notification every time somebody posts to the thread.

But is there some reason you DON'T want us to bookmark a thread so it will show up on our "my posts"? We aim to please here yanno. Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 06:32 pm
Yes, because this is an ANNOUNCEMENT thread - those are not for discussion at all sometimes, and, if they are open to discussion, it is re the announcement.

This one has gone way off track, and I was part of that and apologize.

There have never been all that many Announcements and they are serious when posted. We folks on a2k should check announcements (look at Forums) more than most of us, including me, do.

Bookmarking should be subject for another thread.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 03:44 am
ossobuco wrote:
Yes, because this is an ANNOUNCEMENT thread - those are not for discussion at all sometimes, and, if they are open to discussion, it is re the announcement.

This one has gone way off track, and I was part of that and apologize.

There have never been all that many Announcements and they are serious when posted. We folks on a2k should check announcements (look at Forums) more than most of us, including me, do.

Bookmarking should be subject for another thread.

Bingo. Thank you for spelling it out better than I did.
0 Replies

xkaitimaex

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 08:56 pm
Hello.
Hey peoples. Sorry I am new. Whats this all about? Lol. If you will be kind, please help me out.
Thank ya so much.

EDIT: MODERATOR: DO NOT ADD YOUR SITE HERE
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 12:43 pm
Foxfyre wrote:

But is there some reason you DON'T want us to bookmark a thread so it will show up on our "my posts"? We aim to please here yanno. Smile

Because it's a worthless addition to a thread from a content perspective and thusly disrespectful to others who use the site. Replies to threads should be for content addition and not tracking.

I've not made a big deal out of it here because there's a legitimate case to be made for their personal utility, but on the future version there will be a way to save threads to a personal list thereby eliminating the need (and tolerance for) "bookmark" posts.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 01:02 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
.....on the future version there will be a way to save threads to a personal list thereby eliminating the need (and tolerance for) "bookmark" posts.

Does that mean that there will be a way to "unbookmark" a thread to one's personal list that you no longer want to follow?
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 01:21 pm
Heads up
Isn't all that's needed is to check "Turn off e-mail updates"? Or does that affect all threads, not just the one in question?
0 Replies