Heads Up!

Tomkitten

Reply Tue 18 Jul, 2006 10:42 am
Heads up
Next question: What is Internet Relay Chat?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 18 Jul, 2006 10:49 am
Smile

see here...
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 18 Jul, 2006 12:10 pm
Is that like ICQ?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 18 Jul, 2006 05:33 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
Any possibility of an IRC function?

When the new version launches it will not have any chat feature. Some sort of solution may come later but it will unlikely be IRC, and would probably be jabber-based.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 04:32 pm
jespah wrote:
Please Read

One part of the changes being wrought on A2K is that we will be putting usernames to new uses, and certain uses require a more restrictive character set due to limitations beyond our control. Therefore, we will be putting more restrictions on the characters you can use in creating user names, and if a current user name has what will be disallowed characters, it will have to be changed.

One thing you can do to help with the transition to the new site is to make sure that your username fits certain parameters required by the new site. Your username must consist only of the following characters:

" ", - , _ , A-Z , a-z , 0-9

In English that is: space, dash, underscore, A to Z, a to z, and 0 to 9.

That's all that will be allowed -- no asterisks, no apostrophes, no commas, no parentheses, no periods, etc.

Also, dashes, spaces and underscores can't be repeated. If your name is currently "Larry -- Curley," it would have to be changed to "Larry - Curley."

Before the new site launches, Craven and another developer will be automatically modifying any usernames that don't conform to the new parameters. However, the result may not be what you want. We highly recommend that if you have a username that does not fit within the above parameters, you contact the Help Desk and ask for a name change. We are happy to accommodate that request. Please give at least three possibilities in case your first and second choices are already taken.

If your own username is fine, you can also be of help by keeping an eye out for any members who have usernames that do not fit within the parameters and referring them to this post.

Thanks!

NOTE: THERE ARE STILL 12 USERS WHO HAVE NOT GOTTEN THEIR USERNAMES CHANGED. YOU (SHOULD) KNOW WHO YOU ARE. PLEASE CONTACT THE HELP DESK IMMEDIATELY SO THAT WE CAN TAKE CARE OF THIS. IF YOU KNOW SOMEONE WITH A PROBLEMATIC USERNAME, PLEASE URGE THEM TO CONTACT THE HELP DESK. Thank you.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 11:53 am
what about our names ??????? we are going to loose them !!!!! Is the sky going to fall next ?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 04:08 pm
You have to change yours because there's a period in it. Please contact the Help Desk and we will take care of it. Thank you.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 05:02 pm
See: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2236011#2236011 for more information.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 12:52 pm
I assume that I am okay with my username? I haven't read the entire thread so this has probably been answered, but will our old password still work or will we need a new one?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2006 04:25 am
You have no underscore in your username, so you're fine. Passwords will be unaffected. Thanks for checking.
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 09:35 pm
BM
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 08:55 pm
Please, please, please. What does BM mean?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 09:30 pm
To many US americans it means bowel movement, so I'm always startled when I see it. But its online usage is as a Book Mark, so that those who do it will get online updates. Others try to vary the words, say hello in some way on the thread.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 09:33 pm
Laughing Another one of life's little mysteries solved!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 09:35 pm
Hi, Reyn, haven't seen you much lately, how're you doing?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 09:43 pm
Okay, I'm pretty busy with chess these days, so I pop my head in when I can. No time for starting my own topics.

Also, been busy with painting. Yuk!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 09:45 pm
Well, good, but please keep in touch...
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 09:45 pm
hehe, You could always play chess. Laughing
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 10:21 pm