panzade

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 01:26 pm
@Lash,
Lash said:
Quote:
Same thing with the Big Bang theory. They fight information that threatens their religion. Almost as one unit. I've seen it up close. It's bizarre.

it's ironic that a French priest was the first to embrace the Big Bang theory...I forget his name, but it was around 1910...
seems like we could save a lot of jawing if the Bible-folk would claim the Big Bang as God's work
Lightwizard

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 02:02 pm
@panzade,
Even the IDers offer their concocted science over the Big Bang. Aristotle would have endorsed the Big Bang as the work of the Great Mover which is a power beyond the Creationist and IDer's understanding.
panzade

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 02:06 pm
@Lightwizard,
I agree wiz
0 Replies

AnswerMan

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 02:20 pm
@Lightwizard,
Ha you like stalking on me seeing which questions i ask and answer i like having fun (even if i don it in strange ways) sorry if u dont know what fun means!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 02:33 pm
@Intrepid,
Quote:
You seem to be getting frustrated, my friend. Don't worry....your precious science is not in danger of being usurped.
Sorry, but every so often, when a number of real Creationiswts show up, you seem to pile on with silliness. Youve been provided the evidence that the sidereal day is not how we deal with deep time, we measured years as acxcumulations of seconds , not days to nights, whereas sidereal days are those which rhythmites measure.(Ps ,thats anotherway that we have to calibrate isotopic data for the thumpers in our midst{and only you know who you are})
neologist

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 02:38 pm
@fresco,
Hades
Sheol
Gehenna
Each is often translated as 'hell', yet their meanings are all different.

Were you to tell a 17th century Englishman to go to hell, he would likely retreat to his root cellar for some provisions.

The Jews' understanding of hell (sheol) to mean mankind's grave is in keeping with the ancient Hebrew's understanding of death as a state of inactivity.

The Wikipedia article you referenced refers to some who consider themselves 'annihilationists', an interesting term which I have not considered as yet, but which seems to indicate an understanding of the mortality of the soul.

Think about it: If eternal punishment was a consequence for Adam and Eve, would it not have been appropriate for God to have warned them?
neologist

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 02:41 pm
@farmerman,
What's your point?
Lightwizard

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 02:50 pm
@farmerman,
The sixteen-year-old obvious troll is still observing, now writing in his own language -- right out of Yahoo.chat or Twitter -- that is after ten or twelve stiff drinks and puffing on some strong weed or popping some of Mom's drugs from the medicine cabinet. Trolls find it good for their ego that they believe they've stirred up **** without realizing its what they are wallowing in.

DId you mean to type Creationtwits? If not, that's a very funny inadvertent anagram.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 03:11 pm
@panzade,
Belgian priest, actually . . .
Lightwizard

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 03:14 pm
@Setanta,
Was that considered a Belgian waffle?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 03:27 pm
@Setanta,
belgian...french...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 03:39 pm
@Lightwizard,
Actually there were 22 comkmandments originally. Number 11 was. "MAkest thou a roux using only butter and flour"

PS ... My spelling is never meant to be witty. I think that Im just a lazy bastard who doesnt take time to correct his spelling errors. However, when I read Davids phonetic spelling , I dont feel so bad. He does his on purpose.
farmerman

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 03:40 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
What's your point?

Uh, never mind
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 04:19 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
PS ... My spelling is never meant to be witty. I think that Im just a lazy bastard who doesnt take time to correct his spelling errors. However, when I read Davids phonetic spelling , I dont feel so bad. He does his on purpose.

That's acceptable. Dave can't help having been led astray. We can maybe lead him back to the proper path but we can't fault him for trying.

Being a lazy bastard and not being bothered about making your posts look presentable to A2Kers is disgusting. Do you walk around with your flies open and dried egg all down your shirt front as well?

farmerman

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 04:43 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Do you walk around with your flies open and dried egg all down your shirt front as well?
Heaven forfend! If I were to be that unkemot, I may as well move to the UK, abandon our national obsession with dental hygiene, and hang out in pubs
spendius

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 04:56 pm
@farmerman,
Oh please don't do that effemm. The pub trade is in a parlous enough state as it is.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 04:59 pm
Let us all pour our favorite libation and call it a day.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 05:12 pm
@neologist,
neologist,

Your "Adam and Eve point" merely illustrates that you are operating like bible cherry pickers such as Answerman. Quite frankly, how intelligent believers shift at will beween "the literal" and "the allegorical" seems to be their greatest weakness. No wonder they need a bucket of "faith" to hold it all together !
Lightwizard

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 05:21 pm
@farmerman,
Forfend? Do you have to add insult to injury by using a parlous word? But then, I would expect that from anyone who wore pants with more than one fly and eating raw eggs to boot.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 05:28 pm
@fresco,
I understood fresco that you thought everything was allegorical and referred only to the particular word game being played at the time.
0 Replies