Patrick Henry College + the Bush admin = Scary!

Setanta

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 01:11 pm
You're welcome, Boss.

Oh further hilarious interest is the fact that many of the "founders" were members of their respective states' Masonic Lodges. This site discusses those who were Freemasons, or alleged to be. This gets the Christian knickers in a twist, though, and results in web sites such as this, which deny that these men were Masons. (It is noteworthy that this site does not disagree with the previously linked site, in that the former states that John Adams never joined--they disagree on whether or not he was opposed to Freemasonry.) Interestingly, the latter site attempts to claim that Washington was opposed to Freemasonry, although, in fact, he was Grand Master of the Alexandria Lodge No. 22 of Virginia, and was deeply involved in Freemasonry, as his correspondence reveals. He was also a vestryman of the Truro parish of the Anglican Church, although his Christian faith seems to have sat lightly on him--many scholars allege that he sedulously avoided references to a personal Christian faith or to Jesus in his correspondence with Christian ministers.

This page about Freemasonry and the Founders provides the following definition of deism: a movement or system of thought advocating natural religions based on human reason rather than revelation, emphasizing morality, and in the 18th century denying the interference of the Creator with the laws of the universe. This site discusses the George Washington Masonic National Memorial.

A web site which deplores the secret agenda of the Illuminati and their agents, the Freemasons, has this to say:

Quote:
Already dominating the political affairs of Europe, the Masonic Order had made significant progress in the United States by the late 1700s. In fact, many of this country's political founding fathers were Masons. Most of them, like George Washington, were decent men who knew of no higher aims of the Order and who even spoke out against the activities of the Illuminati. However, with the Masonic lodges having gained acceptance in America, the Illuminati finally had in place the network through which it could recruit members and carry on its work. As a result, the first Supreme Council of Scottish Rite Freemasonry was established in Charleston, South Carolina, in 1801.

They appear to be attempting to whitewash the Freemasonry of many of the Founders, and to suggest that they were decent men duped by a devious and deeply-laid plot.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Wicca%20&%20Witchcraft/m1.jpg

Washington in Masonic regalia laying the cornerstone of the Capitol.

This page from Jesus-is-savior-dot-com represents one of the more extreme statements of the "Satanism" in our government, thanks to the Masons. Freemasonry-watch-dot-org is keeping an eye on this evil tendancy of our government, vigilant and sleepless.

It's kinda hard to take the fundamentalists seriously when they are all over the road like this on the issue of the Founders and their putative religious convictions.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 02:30 pm
That most of the leaders of the American Revolution were Freemasons is hardly open to discussion. The facts are inctrovertible. As Set has already pointed out, George Washington was Master of his Virginia Lodge. Paul Revere, the Adams boys, John Hancock and many others were active in the Boston Lodge which had its HQ at the Green Dragon Tavern. The self-styled Sons of Liberty were able to conduct clandestine meetings, plotting the overthrow of King George's government, right under the noses of the British occupation forces patrolling the streets of Boston. They met at the Green Dragon under the guise of conducting Masonic conclaves. Gen. Gage, commanding the British, was too much of a gentleman to monitor meetings of a fraternal society such as the Masons.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 02:39 pm
These damn devious Scots Shocked
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 01:53 am
The very erudite Mr. Setanta wrote:

As far as hate groups go, the first amendment has already been held by the courts not to apply to any speech which incites to criminality. I doubt that anyone here suggests that PHC incites to criminality, unless it were very subtle, indeed. Nevertheless, there is genuine danger to be apprehended from an organization which actively seeks to inject a particularist christian theology into the government of a secular, pluralist society.

end of quote

Since I am not as learned as Mr. Setanta, I am unfamiliar with the attempts of the PHC to inject a particularistic Christian theology into the government of a secular, pluralist society.

I am unable to locate any legislation which has been passed and signed into law which shows that the attempts of the PHC to "inject a particularistic Christian theology into the government of a secular, pluralistic society"

I do understand that Mr. Setanta fears that there is a "danger" but I cannot find a reliable source which fears that danger on the web.

Will anyone cite the legislation passed by virtue of the efforts of the PHC or, at the very least, reference a reliable source which speaks of the DANGER?

Thank you!!
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 02:05 am
BernardR wrote:

As far as hate groups go, the first amendment has already been held by the courts not to apply to any speech which incites to criminality. I doubt that anyone here suggests that PHC incites to criminality, unless it were very subtle, indeed. Nevertheless, there is genuine danger to be apprehended from an organization which actively seeks to inject a particularist christian theology into the government of a secular, pluralist society.

end of quote

Since I am not as learned as Mr. Setanta, I am unfamiliar with the attempts of the PHC to inject a particularistic Christian theology into the government of a secular, pluralist society.

I am unable to locate any legislation which has been passed and signed into law which shows that the attempts of the PHC to "inject a particularistic Christian theology into the government of a secular, pluralistic society"

I do understand that Mr. Setanta fears that there is a "danger" but I cannot find a reliable source which fears that danger on the web.

Will anyone cite the legislation passed by virtue of the efforts of the PHC or, at the very least, reference a reliable source which speaks of the DANGER?

Thank you!!

BernardR, your posts come over as very disingenuous and even weaselly.

Why is that, do you think?
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 02:10 am
Mr. McTag- Sir- You are entitled to your opinion. But, you must realize that an intellect like Mr. Setanta will be able to answer the two questions I posed immediately.

Or, perhaps, Mr. McTag, you would like to answer them.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 02:16 am
If one suspects a question is asked disingenuously, the usual response is sarcasm. It is not considered to be an honest attempt at elucidation.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 02:31 am
You can suspect what you wish, Mr. Mc Tag. I have no power over your mind and do not want to have any. If you think my post is disengenuous, you certainly may say so.

I know what it is since it came from me.

It is a post which asks two clear questions:

a. What is the DANGER posed by the PHC? Who says there is a DANGER?

b. What is the legislation on the books which has been directly influenced by the PHC?

Those questions seem to me to be quite clear.

Mr. McTag, sir, May I respectfully suggest you re-read the questions again? You may find no disengenousness in them at all!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 06:23 am
weaselly
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 06:41 am
I've posted a link to PHC, and explained how one can view the mission statement. Now Italgato/Massagato/Morkat/Bernard shows up to dump off some of his puerile sneers, and to demand that he be shown what has already been alluded to and linked in the thread.

I'm am not obliged to respond to his idiocy simply because he is too lazy to read the entire thread.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 06:51 am
BernardR wrote:

This, published today, seems germane

Wing and a prayer: religious right got Bush elected - now they are fighting each other
Campaigners who fail to keep the hardline faith face threats and intimidation

http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,,1786227,00.html
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 06:59 am
I read all of the posts on this thread and none of them answer the questions posed below:

Thank you!!

It's really not difficult to do. One might quote a court document in which a person who is being deposed says: the President of the PHC wrote the legislation for HB 3443 himself and then gave it to Mr.Jones to introduce

or

Mrs.Hillary Rodham Clinton, in her speech before the National Organization for Women noted:

"Because of the current membership of two of President Bush's Cabinet in the PHC, there is a DANGER that the agenda of this far rightwing group will eventually permeate all of the decisions coming from the WHite House."

Without such evidence, I must assume that the charge of DANGER and the fear of Legislation really do not have any rationale to back them up
0 Replies