Tomorrow I'm Bringing Home a New Car

Montana

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 08:29 pm
Well, a used new car anyway. I was going to save every penny I have to buy a new car in 2 years, but since my old gas guzzeler keeps taking everything I save, I'm done with her and am getting another one.
I found a 2002 Toyota Camry at our Toyota dealer in the city and I'm gonna go check it out.
I found it on their on line site and it looks pretty good to me.

Let me see if I can't find the pic again.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,959 • Replies: 69
No top replies

Montana

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 08:31 pm
http://autoseller.ca/images_as/result/overlay_autoseller.gif
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 08:32 pm
Re: Tomorrow I'm Bringing Home a New Car
Montana wrote:
Well, a used new car anyway. I was going to save every penny I have to buy a new car in 2 years, but since my old gas guzzeler keeps taking everything I save, I'm done with her and am getting another one.
I found a 2002 Toyota Camry at our Toyota dealer in the city and I'm gonna go check it out.
I found it on their on line site and it looks pretty good to me.

Let me see if I can't find the pic again.

oh, that should be nice, comfy for your long commute.

i gotta start thinking about saving for a new car in a couple of years.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 08:33 pm
new car
montana ;
hope you'll show us your car - and good luck ! vroom , vrooom !
easy on the gas and brake !
hbg
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 08:35 pm
Couldn't get the picture to work, but here's the link.

http://showrooms.autoseller.ca/showrooms.asp?RowID=19744016&Dealer_id=802-639&Pagecount=4
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 08:35 pm
Congrats, 'tana. I know how huge a difference reliable transportation can be.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 08:36 pm
Grrrrr!!!!!!! The link doesn't work either!

Thanks you guys. It's been long over due and I really need it :-D
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 08:37 pm
Does it have cruise control? That can be a good highway gas saver gizmo.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 08:38 pm
http://autoseller.ca/trader/result/affich.asp?rubno=4000&r=%27NBR%27%2C%27PEI%27&ste=&sid=&issr=1&yfr=2000&yto=2007&kfr=0&kto=0&pfr=0&pto=0&dm=1&dp=8&mk=TOYOTA&md=CAMRY&kw=&or=0&oby=7&pg=2&vid=19744016
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 08:39 pm
I had a Toyota Celica for thirteen years. That car changed my car buying behavior. Prior to it, I could have bought real estate for what I wasted on getting new cars. Got the Celica new, it lasted near forever, was basically a pearl of a car. I only sold it because I could buy a used good Volvo cheapo from a friend. So now I'm a Volvo person, on my second one, another used but low mileage at the time Volve. Probably the world's most boring car, but it works real well for me, knock on wood.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 08:41 pm
There it is. That last link worked.

Chumly
I believe it does have cruise control, but I rarely go on the highway and it's really something I never use.

It was a toss up between this one and a 2002 honda accord which has the little cool stuff I like like leather/heated seats and a power sun roof, but I decided on the Camry.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 08:43 pm
Sounds like you found what you like, Osso :-)

At the rate I'm going, I'll never be able to afford a new one, so might as well jump right in when my old car needs about $500 in car repair.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 08:55 pm
Montana wrote:
There it is. That last link worked.

Chumly
I believe it does have cruise control, but I rarely go on the highway and it's really something I never use.

It was a toss up between this one and a 2002 honda accord which has the little cool stuff I like like leather/heated seats and a power sun roof, but I decided on the Camry.
Yeah good choice! Sometimes I have gone on holidays and cruise can be nice there, but like you, I live in the land of the twisty roads.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 09:03 pm
Thanks Chumly. Hey, do you know of any free sites where I could check the vin # on that particular car. Since they provided it, I'd like to get the history.
If not, would it be worth it for me to pay a site like Carfax to get the info?
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 09:10 pm
In B.C. The Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (if I remember correctly) can provide an accident record but I don't know about NB.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 09:10 pm
I am a toyota person myself.

Have had 2.

Would still have my first if i wasnt so young and full of it when I had my truck.
Hehehe.. if those things can survive a teenager , they can take anything.

nice car!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 09:40 pm
Cool! I just paid the $25.00 one time fee for Carfax and I'm glad I did. There are 2 Camery's at this dealership and I looked up both vin #'s and found out that there hasn't been any reported problems with either car and both only had one owner.
I'm covering all the bases this time ;-)
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 09:47 pm
I guess I would try and find out why they were sold back to the dealer after four years.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 09:49 pm
I could, but then I remember how people always love driving new cars and switch vehicles as often as they cut their hair Laughing

Here's the Accord I was looking at.

http://showrooms.autoseller.ca/showrooms.asp?RowID=20006714&Dealer_id=432-799&Pagecount=3
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 09:50 pm
Avoid cars with sun roofs. Everyone that I know that has had one said they leaked.
If God had meant a car to have a hole in the roof he would have made it a convertible.
0 Replies