Tomorrow I'm Bringing Home a New Car

Montana

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 10:00 am
Laughing I'll keep that in mind ;-)

I still am not done with all the paper work and I'm wondering if I should go with the extended warrenty. Something is telling me "yes, I should".
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 10:08 am
Montana wrote:
Laughing I'll keep that in mind ;-)

I still am not done with all the paper work and I'm wondering if I should go with the extended warrenty. Something is telling me "yes, I should".

Better bet is pre-purchase inspection.

Warranty? Does it come with a 30, 60 day, something like that? I really wouldn't get an extended on a Camry. Engine and transmission on those very, very rarely have problems, and other than that it's a fairly "simple" car with little history of electrical problems and parts/labor are cheap if something does break. That's why you should get it checked first...they'll look for leaks and what's worn on the car so there's no surprises.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 10:10 am
I agree with Slap.

They are a big easy cash cow for the dealer most often. In your case it depends on the cost $, what the warranty actually says and implies, how honorable the dealer is, what the normal warranty is without the extended one added on, and the condition of the car.

I have never bought an extended warranty on anything and I have never regretted it.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 10:18 am
I will say if you're buying something like an Audi, Land Rover, BMW, ect...an extended warranty can be an absolute no-brainer. But a 4-cylinder Camry? Chances are you're going to change the oil, brakes, and drive it into the ground.

It's fine the dealer makes money on them, they deserve to. But unfortunately, it's hard for the consumer to find out how reputable the warranty company is. The dealer sells them through a 3rd party. Some are great companies, and some make money by denying claims and not paying out. Remember these warranty companies are actually insurance companies...they make money by selling, and keeping payouts LOW.

A dealership can have a long-standing relationship with the good companies, and some dealers switch companies every few months because the insurance co's hurt the dealer's rep.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 10:55 am
I get an automatic one year warrenty on the car, so that should be enough then.
If anything is wrong with the car, we'll most certainly know before a year.

Getting my mechanic (my cousin) to check it out right now would be impossible, as he is swamped at his shop and doesn't even have time to slap a sticker on my Olds :-(
I feel really good about this car and it is a toyota after all, so I'm going to try not to worry.
A one year warrenty makes me feel better about things.

Thanks you guys. I'd be lost without you Cool
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 04:25 pm
Don't buy any rustproof or interior stain-guards either...it's crap.
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 05:17 pm
Wow, Montana.

That looks like a terrific car.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 05:25 pm
Thanks Slappy, I'll remember that ;-)

Dupre
I didn't end up buying the one in the pic on the link I added here, but I think the one I bought is much nicer.
As soon as I get it home and have some free time next Sunday, I'm going to take lots of pics so you can see my new baby girl :-D
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 08:54 am
Sweets for the sweet!

I'm so happy for you both!

Smile
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 10:14 am
Montana wrote:
The car had only one owner who was an elderly lady who buys a new car every 5 years. It only has a little over 43,000 killiometers and it drives like a dream

I thought these cars were urban legends....
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 10:30 am
Hey, I bought my current car with 6,500 miles and it was about a year old. It was like buying a brand new car at 30% off.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 07:13 pm
Yeah, the car is in mint condition and everything looks new and it even has that new car smell.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 03:45 am
Getting ready to go get my new baby :-D
0 Replies

abud

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 09:32 am
Montana, congrat on your newly car Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 05:11 pm
Thanks abud and welcome to A2K :-D

Montana jumps up and down with excitement because, not only did I get my new car today, but I also got a call from the company I applied for over a month ago and I have an interview Friday :-D

i'm so freakin excited, I hardly know what to do with myself Laughing
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 07:06 pm
Drive to the interview carefully. Very carefully.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 07:10 pm
Looks like your karma needed a new car in its life!

hooray all the way round
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 07:53 pm
Thanks you guys :-D

Rog
Yes, I'll be driving extra careful ;-)

Yippie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 07:55 pm
Gotta check the lottery tonight before I go to bed.

You never know Laughing
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 08:33 pm
Congrats on your purchase M.
0 Replies