Tomorrow I'm Bringing Home a New Car

Montana

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 09:52 pm
Grrrr!!!! That link didn't work either, but I hear ya on the sun roof and I suppose all those electrical add ons could cause problems as well.

I just always wanted a sun roof <sigh>
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 10:05 pm
Montana wrote:
I could, but then I remember how people always love driving new cars and switch vehicles as often as they cut their hair Laughing
Yuppers, lots of people do trade up often.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 10:12 pm
Yep! One of my uncles trades up so much that every time I see him, he has a new car Laughing

Maybe the 2002 Camry person wanted the nice new 2007 model ;-)
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 01:45 am
Now make friends with a car mechanic shop. I think that is where most of the problem begin if he is dishonest and sabotage your car in other places as he fixes the problem you brought it in for. Change your engine oil every 6 months or at least each year. Sludge builds up and could affect your engine performance. The oil lubricates and also cools the engine. Run the engine (idle) to a count of 100 before moving. This lubricates the engine so it doesn't stall especially in winter. Since you use the highway there is little chance of carbon build-up. Many old ladies just drive their car to the grocery store and never get on the highway. Carbon builds up as the engine doesn't get hot enough to burn off the carbon. The car then begins to stall a lot. The cure is to drive it on the highway for an hour or two to burn off the carbon. Make sure the new car has gone thru a mechanical check-up. There are shops that does mechanical inspection checks to find out all the problems with it if any. This inspection check could save you a bundle if there is a hidden problem.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 06:27 am
Thanks, Talk :-D
I've always taken very good care of my cars, so I'm hoping there won't be any problems.
I actually don't do the highway much, but the speed limit on these country roads is 80 killometers an hour, so I might as well be on the highway.
I'm going to get the extended warrenty on the care as well, just to be on the safe side.

Well, it's off to the shower and out to find me a car :-D
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 07:49 am
Congrats Montana...I get giddy over a new car/truck...its like a new toy.

I know this will provide some relief that you were stressing over with the other vehicle, such as gas/money. It oughta get better gas mileage...

MMS
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 10:47 am
new car
our 1991 VW-Passt had a soonroof - no problem at all - and that's with driving in cold eastern ontario for seven years .
i miss the sunroof , but had to get rid of the car - transmisson trouble - grrrr ! hbg
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 11:14 am
my ole Honda Accord also had a sunroof. It was 15 years old when I finally cooked it. If I wasn't stoopid, the car would still be running as good as new I'm sure. Indestructable. I love love loved the sunroof.

Congrats, Montana, please post a pic of your new baby.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 01:14 pm
Montana, talk already brought this up, but if you really want to "cover your bases," the smartest thing you can do, is after you negotiate a deal, leave a deposit, have a 3rd party mechanic do a used-car inspection.

The dealership is probably going to tell you they'll fully service it for you, but believe me, no dealer really goes through the car and does everything it needs. Set an appointment with a non-affiliated mechanic to give it a check up.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 01:30 pm
I agree with Slap
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 01:42 pm
Wellllllllll

Seaglass broke down and bought her first new car

a Toyota Scion - white.

she loves it.

Now she has this old gas guzzler, a 91 Toyota Land Cruiser, SUV for sale, for five dollars or best offer.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 03:03 pm
Thanks guys. Just got back from the dealership a while ago and I would have come home with my new 2001 Toyota Camry if my insurance agent was reachable, so now I wait until next week. Monday is a holiday, so nothing more happens before Tues.
The car had only one owner who was an elderly lady who buys a new car every 5 years. It only has a little over 43,000 killiometers and it drives like a dream :-D
As soon as I get the car home, I'll be taking some pics to share with you all.
It's an almost black metalic and the paint sparkles.
I checked out the 2002 they had along with 2 other 2002 Camry's but they were a bit too bulky for me.
The 2001 is smaller and sportier looking and I can't wait to get it home :-D
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 03:04 pm
Congrats Seaglass :-D

I also have an old, but reliable gas guzzeler 1987 Olds for sale ;-)
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 03:09 pm
Motnana, We have a program here where the state buys your car back for you way over the maket value if it a "gross poluter". It has to be old and run and the'll buy it from you. You guys might have the same thing.

$1000 for your new car.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 03:12 pm
That's a thought, but for some reason, men are always drooling over my car and asking how much I want for it, so I'm thinking I can get my own little auction going :-)
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 03:18 pm
A lot of people like to turn those Cutlass's into street-rods. You know, those type of people who drink Miller High Life and watch Nascrap.

Congrats on the Camry...great decision, and that's a car that should last you a long time.

Now you have to put funky neon lights underneath, and put a sticker across the windshield that says "Fear Montana."
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 03:23 pm
Laughing Thanks, Slappy. You know how much I really wanted a Camry and I just couldn't wait any longer :-D

As far as the cutlass goes, I'll be happy to see it go to someone who actually appreciates it much more than I do.
Once they hand over the cash, they can strap blow up dolls to the hood and it won't bother me a bit Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 05:10 pm
Hooray on the Camry, Montana!!!

That's a really nice vehicle.

~~~~~~~~~

Take the money from the old car, and get some nice winter tires for the Camry - you'll really be able to get around safely in the winter.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 07:07 pm
Was gonna pay off my credit card with the cash from the old car, but winter tires will be a must when the winter rolls around again.
I'm so excited and I can't wait to get my car :-D
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 01:33 am
The Camry manual states that the car is not properly broken in until the back seat gets an inaugural horizontal bounce test Twisted Evil
0 Replies