Heather Mills McCartney

Gala

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 06:18 pm
A little known factoid about Paul MCartney. Prior to his meeting Linda Eastman, while still living in London, before he became famous, he knocked up a girlfriend and as a result, became engaged to her. This was the 60s afterall. Anyway, the girlfriend miscarried, and he immediatly called the wedding off.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 08:08 pm
Many of us did shitty, shameful things in our younger days. I squirm at some of the situations I found myself in. At least he'd been willing to 'do the right thing'. It was, as you say, the 60's.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 10:44 am
Well, sure 'nuff. But his image was at stake, a musical career that could have been railroaded by a scandal-- in the 60s a man couldn't get away with knocking up a woman and not marrying her.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 10:45 am
One more thing, once he's done with the settlement, the amount will come to what seems like a nickel to most of us. Doubtful it will make much of a dent in the Beatle's purse.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 10:55 am
She's worse than Yoko (from a Beatles fan standpoint, I actually like some of Yoko's art). Because, you see, McCartney finally had a chance to buy the Beatles catalogue back from Michael Jacko Jackson, who is plummeting toward destitution since his dumbass trial. Now, forget it, that bitch gets half, and we're going to hear Happiness Is A Warm Gun behind NRA promos.
0 Replies