Is this plain stupidity and just really bad timing?

Linkat

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 11:32 am
As a background for those not in the New England area - Eastern Mass, NH and southern Maine has had over a week of rain at times downpours so of course there has been much flooding.

So last night I am flipping through channels (as TV bites) and start to watch this sit-com. In it this guy wants it to rain over the weekend so he enlists this Native American woman to teach him how to do a rain dance. No joke as they start to do this the network breaks in and starts to show a special report. This special report does not interrupt the show, but is shown in a split screen. So as Mitt Romney is declaring a state of emergency and the news report is filming water pouring through about to break a dam, streets now rivers, people being rescued from their flooded homes - these idiots are doing a rain dance on the sit-com right beside this disaster. I was horrified.

I highly doubt this was intentional, but talk about your extremely bad timing.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 912 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 12:18 pm
That's awesome.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 12:43 pm
Being the smarta$$ I am - I sent an email comment/question to the news station about this. See if and what sort of response I get.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 12:48 pm
They're probably not paying attention to what is going on in the show...besides, are you offended, or just seeing what kind of response you get?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 02:33 pm
No - not really. Fortunately for me I have no flood issues at least at this point in time. I just want to see what sort of response I get.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 02:34 pm
I'm also curious if anyone else noticed this.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 02:38 pm
Bad timing?

The other week, News Radio informed us that CVS pharmacists had filled several prescriptions incorrectly. What happens after this news?

Commercial for CVS stores is played over and over again.
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 10:57 am
Well they did send a reply:

"Thank you for your email. We appreciate your input. We do not get to
review the programs before they air because it is a live feed from the
network. Unfortunately, it was poor timing that the subject matter in
this episode coincided with the tragic flooding we are experiencing.
The split screen with the news went on at that time as a way to get
information to the viewers. We apologize if this offended you. "

I once wrote to Fox because they aired a very misleading news report. My email laid out the facts and how upset I was (in this case I was) - never heard back from them. Since then I do not watch Fox News.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 11:00 am
Sounds like you were watching the most recent episode of "How I Met Your Mother". That would be tremendously bad timing.
And what passes for humor on that show.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 11:09 am
tin_sword_arthur wrote:
Sounds like you were watching the most recent episode of "How I Met Your Mother". That would be tremendously bad timing.
And what passes for humor on that show.

I know. To even think a rain dance could be implemented in any type of humor situation.

What passes for humor to you? Chicken crossing the road jokes? Because let me tell you, I'll recite that one to my friends, and we'll guffaw for hours.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 11:15 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
I know. To even think a rain dance could be implemented in any type of humor situation.

What passes for humor to you? Chicken crossing the road jokes? Because let me tell you, I'll recite that one to my friends, and we'll guffaw for hours.

I have to admit, that situation did bring a smile to my face, but most of the time I don't find that show funny. Not sure why.
And feel free to start up a thread for all those chicken crossing the road jokes. I could use a good guffaw after the week I've had at work.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 12:19 pm
Yeah that's the name of the show - first (and most likely the last) time I watched it. I actually I had just rested on this station and started to watch - about the time the guy mentioned to his friend he wanted it to rain this weekend and if he could contact an old girlfriend who was Native American to show him how to raindance. Shortly after they were dancing on the roof and there was the emergency broadcast. In a twisted sort of way this was the funniest part of the show.
0 Replies