CHINESE/ASIAN QUESTIONS AND ENGLISH ANSWERS.

dlowan

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 06:22 pm
hingehead wrote:
I guess my problem is they never reply - how does that help your English?

I often have a quick squiz at unanswered because I like to help people with computer/web/music/science questions but those may just get lost in the blizzard.

I guess it's a question of how big a town you want to live in - it's not really annoying me.

Some of them do reply, there are a few nice conversations going.

I guess being able to get your question understood and answered on an English language website is a good start?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 06:35 pm
Perhaps some of the students don't own personal computers and are limited to the computer lab at the college?

Meanwhile, there isn't a great deal I can do about the international situation, but if blathering about breakfast increases world harmony, I'll blather about breakfast.

Except, of course, during my witchy, bitchy, selfish, self-centered moments when I s-c-r-o-l-l.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 02:04 am
hingehead wrote:
I guess my problem is they never reply - how does that help your English?

I often have a quick squiz at unanswered because I like to help people with computer/web/music/science questions but those may just get lost in the blizzard.

I guess it's a question of how big a town you want to live in - it's not really annoying me.

ask a question hinge try to open a dialge or conversation I have had several really good responses. keep in mind it is hard work for them to read your post translate into chinese form a response translate to english then post.
expect answers to be short.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 05:25 am
Dad and Deb, I'd already replied to a couple with no response. But I've just answered one from HelloEmily (welcome 2 A2K):

what does it mean?"as clear as nose".thanks for your help.

I've decided that this phrase will now be how I describe unfathomable posts on A2K.

eg anything BernardR posts I will describe as being 'Clear as Nose'.

Feel free to help me make HelloEmily an entry in the OED.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 07:45 am
best of luck with that one hinge. Shocked Laughing
0 Replies